July 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC - 1/24

Spill the beans.
*Not guaranteed to be flame-free

Re: FFFC - 1/24

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I guess wear whatever it is loud and proud.  I saw there's an Oct waiting room earlier this week and that blew my mind for a nanosecond.

I leave for a conference in FL on Monday and my focus is too much on crap I need to do to get away from the house w/o stressing.  Of course, compared to what it'll be like with a newborn this has to be a breeze.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I thought the same thing, I was nervous to post our first one last week lol! 
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I couldn't be less enthused to go on a family vacation to Breckenridge tonight and it's going to be really hard to act excited when I can't do anything (ski, hot tub, drink coffee all day, etc) and it's cold. I wish DH and I could just fly to AZ or something with just the two of us haha. Also I plan on trying to slyly see if my MIL has any interest in child care for us >:)
  • Options
    My spouse is a teacher and is the point of the school year when most students are grating on her nerves.  I'm sick of the ranting for at least a week or two.  I know teenagers are brats but I can only manage supportive murmurs a few times a week not daily.
  • Options
    @b_1029 good books, hot chocolate, sitting by a fireplace, quiet time... it could be great?! (If you're into that sort of thing. Clearly I'm an introvert which is why that sounds heavenly to me.) Good luck with the child care!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 that does sound heavenly to me too! I would love nothing more...the only issue is my MIL will also not be skiing because she just had knee surgery! Hoping I can fit in some solo time though. 
  • Options
    Ok I have another. I'll try not to let this turn into a rant. I hate hate hate all MLMs and immediately want to punch anyone in the face who tries to get me to join theirs. Girl, no. Go away.

(Background: last night I got a fb message from an acquaintance who I've not seen in over 3 years since I moved to a different state. We were never friends and have not stayed in touch. "Hi sweet girl! How is mom life treating you? (Note: I've been in "mom life" for nearly two years now and this is the first she's asked about it.) Are you still teaching barre? I just wanted to take a moment to share with you about something I have been doing! I am messaging you because I was asked to write down a group of people I'd want to have on my dream team. You were a name I wrote down. Why? Well you are a very influential person, bright, a breath of fresh air and likable. A very comforting feeling about you. Anyways...... *insert pyramid scheme pitch here*"
    I mean, does this really work on people?! I cannot.)
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah it's so draining to be around/listen to someone who is always complaining (especially if it's about the same thing all the time)... no matter how much you love them and WANT to support them.
  • Options
    @b_1029 ok that changes everything! Good luck. :grimace:
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I will NOT buy from an MLM if the sales person even kind of acts pushy! But if I love a product and they're not pushy, I'll totally buy and be a return customer. That said, no real job asks you to buy in to work for them. I wish some people would realize that.
  • Options
    @blaf322 there are people in MLMs who DON'T act pushy?! News to me, I've yet to come across one like that. lol I just hate all the random ass people sending me messages like we're BFFs, "Hey girl! How are you? I don't really care, but it's rude not to have an intro. Now to the point. Buy my things, join my team. It's greaaaat!"
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited January 2020
    @stlbuckeye132 I can't even begin to express how annoyed I get by people in MLMs. My SIL has been a part of a few and I feel bad about how much crap I talk about her behind her back about it lol

ETA I think what annoys me the most about it is how they/she always posts things like "working on my biz from the car! can you do that with your 9-5 job?" and I'm just like....you don't own a business. You literally pay a company to sell their products. Congrats .
  • Options
    @b_1029 yaaaaasssssss! You do not own a business! I think it is such an undercut of actual small business owners. You are an employee of a very large company actually. 

I also hate MLMs and unfriend people on Facebook when their entire feed becomes MLM posts. 

My FFFC
    DH has been out of town and I am over being a solo parent. So I sent DD to the sitters house so I can run errands, do laundry, and clean the house without her “help”. I felt so guilty for taking her on a day we usually spend together, but I need a sanity break. And props to all single moms, DH travels for works every few weeks so I call myself a solo parent and it is damn hard, but I know he will come back. To those that do it alone all day every day, you are my hero. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 @kc0711 YES! When they refer to it as their "small business".... no. Just no.

@kc0711 nothing to feel guilty about for getting your errands done! I don't blame you one bit for taking her to the sitter.
  • Options
    MLMs are a nuisance.
  • Options
    YES to MLMs being terribly annoying.  There are like 218214562363 Rodan and Fields consultants in my small town and like 25 of them are people I know.  I unfollowed or unfriended them all at one point.  I had to very firmly tell one to leave me the heck alone at one point because she would not stop!  Pushy Pushy!

@bluguitarhannah
    Ugh, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with teacher complaining.  Second semester is absolutely a struggle because they start to get on your nerves big time.  I try SO hard not to whine to my husband and a few of us in our department make it a point to choose not to complain about stuff while we are having lunch.  Unfortunately for you, your wife probably feels like you are her safe person to complain to.  Maybe when she does that you should ask her to tell you something good that happened that day.  I'm sure there's something!  
  • Options
    @JessDG Most of the time I'm pretty good at listening.  We both have stressful jobs so we can vent.  I keep reminding her she's retiring in May think of this as a fleeting irritation.  She's retiring to care for our daughter so her student world will go to one very soon.

And I could never teach I would lose it I'm sure daily with what you guys deal with.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 yep! I used to get tea from this girl (actually, a girl from my bestie's BMB who I've met in person when she was in town lol). I LOVE their tea but don't really order much anymore because I have a TON on hand. There was interest in ordering tea within my BMB (like, the convo organically came up so I asked if they'd like to order from her) so I reached out to her to host an online thing for my BMB. She's never once reached out to me to host again, or order, or anything. She's amazing... so I order from her when I need to. She's pretty much the only one though, ever. 

I get a, probably twice a year, FB message from a girl I don't know because I attended an Usborne party a couple of years ago. I don't know you... stop FB messaging me as if I do. I don't want to order or host because you're being pushy, lady. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 actually, I'll add to the tea thing... When we met up for dinner, she was telling us how she was a top performer within the company but didn't have underlings (my word, not hers) that performed really well so the company was really pushing her to push her underlings to produce more sales/get underlings of their own and it just wasn't her jam so she's taken a step back and let her productivity within the company fall. She just wasn't willing to be that typical MLMer
  • Options
    nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited January 2020
    Guilty of being a part of and MLM. I started with Beachbody almost 2 years ago. At first I wanted that "business" aspect of it, but slowly realized I don't like talking to people and trying to get them to join me. (even though to this day I really believe in most of BB products) My original intentions WERE good, (hello major obesity problem in america). I'm still a coach, but stopped asking and pushing people onto it. But still often get messages that my stuff is motivating and influential, so I'll continue the small portion of that. 
    But def could not get behind the pushy-ness that the rest of my team has done to actually make as much, or money than I do  :D   (but no, i don't need any of your magic skin wraps or face cream to make me look 20 years younger.. we all know what youre doing) I also work with A TON of women who sell essential oils 
  • Options
    I just did a happy dance that one of the students that I see for individual programming is absent today. 
  • Options
    okay, i totally agree that MLMs are the worst. thank you @b_1029 - i HATE when people post crap like that. you dont own a business, [insert company name here] owns it. you are just one of many people who are getting paid a (pretty lousy) commission to sell their products, just like at a car dealership or whatever. i also hate how MLMs prey on stay at home moms, its very manipulative. in my state, MLMs of all types - makeup, essential oils, wellness products, childrens books, etc. - are sooooo rampant. so i honestly feel bad for anyone who decides to join an MLM because the market is so saturated that its impossible to be "successful". 

i actually had a facebook friend invite me to a Usborne books whatever last summer and was like "itd be a great chance to get low price books for your future children!"......i had literally just posted on facebook a week or so earlier that DH and i were struggling with infertility. it was SO obvious that she didnt actually care about me, she just wanted me to buy crap from her. using future children as a sales pitch to someone with fertility problems is just not smart.

with that being said, i do respect people who love the product they sell, understand that they arent owning their own business but are just part of a larger corp, and realize that being pushy and in your face about it all the time is annoying and rude. like @nursejenn5 and your friend @blaf322, it sounds like you like the products you sell and are reasonable about it. i'm technically still a Mary Kay consultant, but i only sell to my family, who has been ordering Mary Kay for as long as i can remember, so at least this way i can get them discounts and such. hopefully that doesnt make me sound like a hypocrite haha.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    meanjellybeanmeanjellybean member
    edited January 2020
    Yupppp to being anti-MLM. You are not a small business owner. You are a pawn in some egomaniac's scheme to exploit you so that THEY can get rich. When I was a kid, my mom did Amway for several years. To this day, I cannot understand how she fell for it. She was a practicing attorney and quit her job to do fucking AMWAY. She got sooo into it including traveling to those stupid sales conferences where they trot out their success stories to keep people hooked on the possibility of one day getting rich. Guess what? My mom never made any money from it (none that lasted anyway) and she would never admit it but it was a terrible life decision, financially and emotionally.
  • Options
    My daycare kids were fed a banana and milk and a donut for breakfast today. 🙈 I had my first appointment (intake and provider visit) with my new office today and my daycare sub had to cancel last night because her daughter tested positive for influenza yesterday. So, last resort was my husband covering here for me while I went to the appointment. My families were all ok with it, the kids all adore him, but I was not asking him to make a breakfast for 5 daycare kiddos and my 4. It was enough that he changed his first diaper ever this morning. And it was poopy. I only wish I had witnessed it myself. 
  • Options
    @modoodles His 1st poop diaper and you have four?  That's impressive avoidance.  Glad he was able to cover.  Now, I want a donut.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean You're the second person to bring up Amway this week. A friend said her family sells Amway and it almost broke them at one point. They mortgaged their house in an attempt to get rich and, apparently, still believe they're going to get rich one day soon. She said Amway is really extreme about telling people they don't need anyone who doesn't believe in them.... even if it's family, they're telling them they should cut them off. It sounds like a cult.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah- 😂 no, this baby is DH's first baby. I divorced in 2015 and met DH in 2016. We got married in June. No way he would have survived if we had kids together and he didn't help out with diapers hahaha!
  • Options
    I have a dear friend who had an usborne party and it seemed sketchy to me/like an MLM before I knew for sure...but at least books have some value. People peddling skin products/oils that have the same make up as dollar store products get some hard side eye from me.
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    @modoodles whoa! That's a lot of people to cook for in the morning. So, I feel like I need to share this oven scrambled egg recipe with you. I made it for breakfast for a group of about 30 of us and they turn out delicious! I'm not sure if it's because we were using a rental property stove and it just didn't get as hot as we set it to, but I will say they took a little longer to cook than the instructions said. Basically, we just cooked them until they were mostly set on top, stirred, cooked some more and then stirred before serving.
    ETA- oh, and add pepper. Whyyyy is there no pepper in the recipe?!
    Egg Recipe

• Options
    @blaf322 thanks! I'm always up for new breakfast options! I made like a thousand pancakes yesterday morning 😂
  • Options
    @blaf322 totally a cult! And wow that's so sad about your friend's family... I honestly wasn't aware that Amway was still out there! That makes me mad.
  • Options
    Ok so I no longer am feeling bad about sending DD to the sitter’s. I got SO MUCH done today. I think I need to start doing this once a month so that I can actually attempt to keep up with things around our house.