September 2020 Moms

**Read This First! Board Organization**

edited January 2020 in September 2020 Moms
Hello, welcome, and congratulations!  Kindly take a few minutes to review the following and jump right in to the discussions and check-ins!

Some links that you may find helpful: 
What do all of those abbreviations mean?  
How to add a signature 
How to GIF 

How-To Guides: 
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already. 
-How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to. 
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. (It's also possible to change your username on The Bump sometimes under your account!)
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.  Or, highlight what you would like to be in the spoiler, then select spoiler in the dropdown.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads: 
 DO: 
         -Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
        -Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below if you don't see it started yet
        -Check to see if a thread has already been started on your topic or question so we can avoid too many threads of the same topic
        -Post a thread that would apply to a fair amount of the community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: What to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc.) 
        -Comment, share advice, and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well 

DON'T: 
        -Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against the Bump's Terms Of Use (TOU)
        -Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU (there is a thread on the open 1st tri page for this)
        -Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC 
        -Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board.

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that may be good to start with. We can always add to best suit our boards needs, so please let me know if you have any other ideas! 

SUNDAY/MONDAY
  • Weekly Randoms 
  • Meal Plan Monday
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Due Date By Group Check-In
  • Good Questions
TUESDAY
  • TW Tuesday
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In 
  • Ten Things Tuesday 
WEDNESDAY
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • WTF Wenesday
THURSDAY
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • Thankful Thursday
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) 
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC)
  • Product Spotlight: __________ 
  • Fit Friday
  • Friday Funnies 
SATURDAY
  • Weekend Randoms
MONTHLY
  • Symptoms Thread
  • Appointments Thread
  • FTM Check-In
  • STM+ Check-In
  • AMA Check-In
OTHER THREADS
  • GTKY Threads
  • High Risk 
  • Milestone Threads (specific appointments/weeks gestation, etc)
  • Breastfeeding
  • PGAIF (Pregnant After Infertility)
  • Single Moms
  • Moms of Multiples
*Please feel free to start any thread you wish*

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fCSvGqefiQ7m-cqNEBzPuaIqF7BL2ost0Ta2sMjC-8w/edit?usp=sharing

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion. PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

*Stolen from August BMB.  We can always modify or update as we see fit.*

Re: **Read This First! Board Organization**

• @bunpadmin can we get a sticky for this too please? Thanks :) 
  • @BumpAdmin sticky please

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @BumpAdmin can we sticky this whole BMB? You can’t choose this BMB as your default even though BFPs now are at the end of the month!
  • @notagoodpatient Isn’t that strange?! I’ve never seen this happen before. 
  • @notagoodpatient @chasingroygbiv I contacted the support about this and I was told to log out and back in, I even reinstalled the app. It didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for others.
  • @yoshi882 I got it to work on mobile...sort of. It shows up as my favorite board, but it doesn't show up under BMBs...but that's fine because it's easy enough to get to. But no luck on mobile. 

I've been using a long but functional work around: On mobile I set "my BMB" to August 2020. When I open the app, I click on it, and then click back to "The Bump Month Clubs" at the top. And then September is listed and I can go into it. It's not elegant but I guess it works for now...
  • Why isn’t it letting me favorite the board? That would definitely make a difference in accessing for me.... I think. 
  • @notagoodpatient That is how I have been managing as well. I wonder what is going on with The Bump.
  • @chasingroygbiv when I changed my status to pregnant (from TTC) and set a due date it automatically placed the September BMB on my "Community" home page. 
  • Dang, I must’ve messed something up! 
  • Here’s the link: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/September-2020-moms

I just copy the last month’s URL and change the name of the month when I’m on mobile. So for those who need October’s when it comes out during the first week of February, do that. :)

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @BumpAdmin please sticky this thread

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• edited January 2020
    @BumpAdmin I think I unstickied this by accident. It says announcement but it keeps getting bumped down. Can we get it back to the top? Thanks! And sorry! 
  • We are officially pinned on the app!! Hopefully the group will finally start filling up. 😃
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yahoo! Officially official.  :D
  • machenomacheno member
    edited January 2020
    Now that the group is finally available on the app, and will start filling up do we want to start due dates by group? if so, how do we want to do it? My last group we did it by ticker change, but I've seen that most groups do it by which week your due date is in. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Should we start our spreadsheet too? 
  • I like it by week but whatever everyone wants is fine by me! I also wouldn’t mind a check in for everyone but that would get kind of long and hard to reply to. I was thinking about the spreadsheet too! Is anyone good at making them? 
  • I like the checkins by which week of the month you are in. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• If you tell me what you would like the columns to be I can make the spreadsheet. 
    I assume user name, age, due date, location, ftm/stm/#ofkids, single/multiples, pink/blue/green, maybe a column for baby names? What would we like?
  • I vote checkin by week...but maybe in a few weeks after everyone has seen their doc? I had to switch a few times in my last Group (nov18) and it was kind of annoying lol.

• @beaandthebabes those ideas sound great! I think some spreadsheets have also had a slot for high risk/complications if people wanted to share that info. 
  • A spreadsheet sounds good to me. I'm fine with check-ins by week. It seems to be the easiest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How are we going to split up the weeks? End them on sundays? So 1-6, 7-13, 14-20, 21-30? Or something else? 
  • @greyl I would make the last week 6 days and do the first 3 weeks with 7 days. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno that’s what I was also thinking. That works! 
  • So what is the weekly group breakdown? 
  • I think 1-7, 8-14, 15-21, 22-30? 
  • Isn’t it easier just to make it the calendar weeks? Like the first week of September is 1-6, so on and so forth. I think it’s less confusing that way.

• I kind of think so too. Plus that makes 5 so we could have one group per weekday and then leave the weekends for other fun stuff.
  • Calendar week probably makes more sense so that’s cool with me!! 
  • I hope you ladies haven't minded me starting the daily threads. I just wanted to get discussions going to we can get to know each other. Feel free to start them if you want. I didn't start the TTGP Grad thread since I was not part of that board, I figured someone else from that group can if they want. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I don’t mind one bit! I hope more people start to feel comfortable doing the same! I know older BMBs used to assign threads but I think that’s more difficult tbh.
  • @greyl I agree! assigning threads seems like too much work. I think it's better to let the board evolve as we all see fit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did we want to start the week by week check ins this week, or give it another week with a general one? 

Looking at the spreadsheet there are lots of people in week 3, a fair number in week 4 but weeks 1 and 2 only have a few each.
  • I vote for weekly check-ins. I can start week 4. We can see how it goes. 

• And I was excited, so I started it...

• hp242hp242 member
    edited January 2020
    @linz36 sounds good, I'll start Week 3

Edited to add: I also created the threads for Weeks 1 and 2 because why not.  Also, I'm actually week 4, but got confused. XD
  • @linz36 I say let's start them!
    BabyFruit Ticker