Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 1/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/22

• Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 38

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: my ILs got me a $100 gift card for Amazon for my birthday last week. I've been really considering getting an instant pot but I'm worried I won't use it enough for it to be worth it. I'd hate to drop $80 on something I'll only use once in awhile. Any of you ladies have one? How often do you use it? Is it worth the money? Any favorite recipes?

CS/Q: I guess I live here now. 

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 we have an instant pot as well and I really haven't used it, but that's mostly because I need to find some recipes. I've tried making a slow cooker recipe in it and it just isn't the same from the slow cooker function on the machine. I think once we have more time to experiment with recipes we'll use it more.

@bows22 I hate those days where you can't be productive because a million other things are going on. At least you won't get any questions from coworkers about your ute.

Month/Cycle: since July 2017, aka eons ago

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: gluten and dairy free diet, PNV, vitamin D & E, L-Arginine, probiotic, sex for the hell of it

R/R: I am so tired this morning. Feels like I can't catch up on my sleep! DH has been obsessed with this British show lately called Task Master. Very funny. It's very funny. But I intended on going to bed around 10:30 and ended up staying up longer to finish watching the episode. But cozying up together in bed as we fell asleep was nice

CS/Q: nope
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @feather_heather I actually don't know if it's on Netflix. He's been watching episodes on YouTube. It looks like there's a US version too, but it looks like that only aired for 1 season.

@kpearse99 yay for IUI!

The basic concept of the show is that 5 comedians are given a task and are awarded points for whoever performs the task the quickest. There's been "make this large block of ice disappear", "get this potato in the hole without stepping on the red green (as in golf)", "collect the most tears into an egg cup". Like really random stuff. The tears one, one of the guys was rubbing onions ON HIS FACE and another guy literally put chili sauce in his eyes. It's really funny and sometimes painful to watch.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bserena I told you that you might end up really liking him!! I'm glad it's all going to work out and that you're really excited for this semester! It really helps when you enjoy what you are doing and what you are learning...and of course, who you are learning it from!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Will post my update shortly but wanted to chime in! 

@gingermama29 Seconding everyone else here that the Instant Pot is a game changer. I truly thought I would never use it, but I got a gc for Christmas, MH convinced me to get one, and it's the best thing we've bought. I use it all the time! I've had trouble recently with chicken breasts, no matter how I've cooked them they've been rubbery and kind of gross. That has totally changed with my Instant Pot. No question, I recommend it! @feather_heather I don't technically have room for it either, but I've kind of just made it work. It's made my cooking life so much easier. 

@bows22 I love the "public display of drinking" strategy! How sad is it though that we have to deploy it so often because so many people are interested in the contents of our uteri? 

@inthewoods23 Snuggling as it's bedtime is the best!! I'll start digging up some instant pot recipes for you too! 

@ttcbabyodo Ugh I'm sorry this week is dragging!

@feather_heather Good for you for ordering some cute jeans!!! I feel like I'm in such a weird wardrobe place myself (in between sizes, etc.) so I'll live vicariously! 

@kpearse99 Wheeee!!! 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: IVF

R/R: I'm loving having all of my friends in the dailies with meeeee!!!! <3<3<3<3 So stinking happy! 

We went to the gym last night to hit the indoor track, I was feeling really sluggish and heavy legged, and MH and I played racing games to help pass the time which ended up being really fun. I was FLYING when I was trying to beat him, which was great for my morale haha! We've decided to back off of strict keto for now, staying lower carb, but loosening up a bit. I literally just could not face any more butter :D:D:D 

CS/Q: Nope

• @kpearse99 I am so glad you were right, lol! I always worry way too much anyways, so having peace of mind is the best thing ever.
  • @bows22 DH does most of the cooking in our house too. It's a beautiful thing! But I think part of the appeal of the instant pot is that I could do some of the cooking when I get home from work and we could eat earlier in the evening. Some nights we don't eat dinner until near 7:30-8:30ish. Enjoy your suspicion quashing drink!

@inthewoods23 that makes sense. I feel like if I find some great recipes, I'll be less apprehensive about spending the money on one. But I love my crock pot. Sounds like you had a nice night. The struggle of wanting to go to bed but staying up too late to watch TV is real!!

@ttcbabyodo oooh good to know!! Sorry it's a slow day.

@feather_heather yeah we have a storage problem too. DH got an air fryer for Christmas and that had to go on top of our kitchen cabinets because we just didn't have space anywhere else. Really I just need to go through all my stuff and get rid of what we don't use. And yay new jeans!! I love getting new clothes!

@kpearse99 long cycles for life apparently. My last 5 cycles have all have been between 39-54 days. Yay for growing follies!! FX for you!

@bserena good to know! Thanks! And yay! I'm glad your teacher turned out to be better than you'd heard. That has to be a big relief!

@mvt2003 glad to have everyone on the dailies too!! It had been pretty quiet around here lately. And that's so good to hear about the instant pot! I'm leaning towards getting it. That's awesome that you and YH work outb together and challenge each other. That makes things so much easier, especially on the days you're not feeling it. 
  • @mvt2003 I am loving our WTO/cycle group too!!! It makes me smile every single day :):):)  I love that you and YH challenge each other like that in a fun way! And DH and I did the same thing recently with keto. I think I told you that his cholesterol went up, so much that his Dr. put him on medicine for it, and while it runs in his family I also think the meals heavy in butter, cheese and meat didn't help! We are doing low carb and just trying to eat cleaner and more wholesome. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I remember that! I think carbs and sugar are definitely a huge issue, I'm trying to keep them low, but I just can't face more cream or butter :D:D:D It's really fun to work out together - MH is not a runner, but has been walk/jogging on the track. I'm faster than he is, so he takes a head start (and when he wants to, he can move faster than you'd think :D ) and I end up having to do an 8 minute mile for a short period of time to catch him. MH loves games and playing, which is one of the things I love most about him. 

• @inthewoods23 I get that feeling!! The last few cycles, for me, I was on the other thread that only had like 2 people  :D
    Our TTC Journey

• LOL @inthewoods23 it does feel lopsided! I'm stalking the TWW thread, though, because 1) it's dead over there, and 2) I'm wondering how @NamelessAria is doing, lol. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @gingermama29 I just got a Ninja Foodi for Christmas which has the pressure cooker function and last night was actually my first time using it. I made carnitas and it was effing amazing! They were the moistest, tenderest carnitas I’ve ever had and it only took about an hour to cook 3.5 lbs of meat.  By comparison I used to do then in a slow cooker and it took 8 hours and while they came out pretty good, they are even better when pressure cooked. This success has me so excited to pressure cook all the things! Lol. 

@bows22 yay for getting to have a drink and also squash any rumors/speculation at the same time! 

@inthewoods23 I’m gonna have to check out that show - it sounds interesting and I’m always down for a laugh. 

@ttcbabyodo I hate slow days too! If I’m not busy my anxiety will run me through everything I should be worried about 10x per hour. Lately it’s been our debt and how to reduce it. I hope your day picks up and that the rest of the week is busier too! 

@feather_heather yes girl, treat yo self! 

@kpearse99 happy trigger day!!!! Sending you all the fertility vibes! 

@bserena yay! I’m had your prof turned out to be a good one. That really makes ALL the difference. 

@mvt2003 right there with you on low carb! I can’t do strict keto either. I aim for 25-30 carbs a day and don’t worry about the other macros and what not.

@lizrunz congrats on the therapy progress! That’s awesome. 
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited January 2020
    Ditto @bluetickgal! Lol. I’m having a hard time keeping up!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: prenatals + zinc + folate, feeding MH multivitamin + zinc + folate, HIO, BBT, OPKs

R/R: Spilled a good amount of coffee on my shirt in the car this opening 🤦🏽‍♀️ It’s cold as hell in the office today also. On the upside, the result is that no one is questioning the fact that I’m leaning my ruana on indoor (to cover up the coffee stain on my shirt) because it’s so cold in here no one has taken their coats off this morning. FX it’s warmer tomorrow! 

CS/Q: non. I was actually able to temp this morning so that was a miracle! Lol. 

Edited for CD typo 
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: opk, pre-natals, and pre-seed

R/R: Just feeling overwhelmed at the moment.  With TTC, job hunting, and house hunting- it feels like my life is a puzzle that got dumped out of the box. This obsessive planner is just trying to be patient with everything.  All of those changes are for good things, but it seems like they are all conflicting.  What is good for one isn't necessarily good for the other two.  Most of them also come with lots of paperwork!  Anywho, I will just make it through today and get my butt and headspace back into gear for tomorrow!  Debbie Downer out!

@gingermama29. My sister got an Instant pot a few years ago and it totally changed her thoughts on food.  Prior to it, she didn't cook at all, since she didn't know how to and was scared of food poisoning herself.  Now she cooks all the time.  I keep tossing around the idea to get one, but I already have two crock pots.  Although @krystrist2014 makes a good argument for it.

@bserena. What chem are you taking?  I studied Biology in undergrad and then Biotech in grad school.  What are you hoping to do with your degree?  Also no pressure, since my career is a hot mess right now!
  • @dobiemom11 General Chem 1. I'll take 2 next semester and then 2 semesters of organic chem, along with biology courses. I would love to go to medical school after graduating from undergrad (and probably taking a gap year)! But that is still a ways off.
  • @linzrunz great job getting to the gym!!! You should be proud of yourself :) You're killin' it!

@bluetickgal My dear cycle buddy :) when this cycle works for both of us we'll have the same EDD  :D  (Not that I'm getting overly hopeful or anything hahaha)

@krystrist2014 oh no to the coffee spill!! I've done that more times than I care to admit  B)

@dobiemom11 Hang in there, girl. Take it one day at a time, and one thing at a time. Don't try to do everything all at once or figure everything out all at once. This too shall pass <3

Our TTC Journey

• @linzrunz you're a rock star keeping up with the gym!! I'm glad it's helping with your mental health. I really need to start working out again. I definitely think it's been negatively affecting mine too.

@krystrist2014 oooh I've heard good things about the Ninja Foodi! Booo for spilling coffee. I wore a ruana today too. Sooooo cozy! Also I've only very recently learned that word (ruana).

@bluetickgal glad your weather is warming up a little. We're supposed to get a snow storm this weekend. I'm hoping for a bunch of snow though.

@dobiemom11 I hope things fall into place soon and help you feel less overwhelmed. That's definitely a lot to deal with at once!  
  • @bluetickgal I hope it doesn't snow too much for you!  Cold days are rough so I'm glad it's supposed to warm up a bit for you.

@krystrist2014 C'mon coffee don't be like that.  I hope it warms up for you soon.  I hate the cold!

@dobiemom11 Hang in there.  You've got this!

@fitzfizz Yay for CD1!!!  Glad AF finally showed its face so you can get this show on the road.  And yay for switching to FF!  Love that app!  Also, didn't even realize the pun of bumping and now I'm laughing at it again.  My grandpa always used to call it that.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @krystrist2014 sorry for the coffee spill, but I’m glad you could wear a coat comfortably to hide it! I hope you still had plenty of coffee to drink too!! 
    @dobiemom11 so sorry for all the stresses...like you said, those are all good things, but also big changes! Hope it all works out well to coincide together! 
    @kpearse99 I’m loving the hopefulness, friend!! And oh my goodness, yes...that would make me so happy to be due date buddies!! Fingers crossed so hard that happens! 🤞🏻
    @gingermama29 I hope you get your large amount of snow and we get our little then! 
    @fitzfizz yay for CD1 and being able to officially start trying!! 
    @linzrunz thanks! We were able to walk the dogs today, so that’s a great improvement! 
  • Thanks guys for all the encouragement!!  I appreciate it.  Our lives have just been in flux for a couple years now and I am ready for some stability.  Seems ironic to say that when we are TTC, since that is a huge life change.  But maybe I am ready for my life to settle down, so I can focus on what is important!  We will get there soon. 
  • @gingermama29 same! Lol. When I bought this one online I was super excited because it was so cute. I had to go back and look at what it actually as called because I was trying to describe it to my mom and I was like....”it’s like a poncho but not quite a poncho and it had a tie at the waist...” lol. 
  • @fitzfizz thank you, I definitely will PM you if/when I have any questions! And yay for starting AF and your first actual cycle TTC!!