March 2020 Moms

New Week, New Randoms 1/20

You guys we are almost in the final month before BABY MONTH! Omg. 

Let’s Random! 

Re: New Week, New Randoms 1/20

• I have my growth scan today and I’m so excited to see the little nugget! I’m also really anxious to see how he’s measuring since I was so far ahead at my last midwife appointment. Eek! 

It’s also only like 17 degrees outside and it makes me just want to hibernate. And I’m craving a chai tea. I think I’ll bribe H to stop on the way to our scan and get one. 😋
  • Loading the player...
  • When are we moving over to a private group/private FB group?

Did anyone watch Curb last night?!
  • @lemonlove86 I was JUST about to reply to our poll thing and see if anyone wants to start our FB group. I don’t mind doing it but since my privacy settings are high, it’s hard for people to search/find me to be added. Maybe I’ll see if one other person wants to be an admin with me. 
  • @stassischroeder Lol yeah my sister went all out. 🤣  She gets really excited about these things. 
  • @stacey6689 your shower looks gorgeous!! 

@miss.sally it’s crazy how close we’re getting! I can’t wait for February. I just know somebody on this board (probably a few) will have February babies!! 

I have the day off for MLK. It’s 5 degrees outside. FIVE. We aren’t leaving the house. I had 4 friends from college visit this weekend and we had so much fun. I’m sad to see them go but it was so refreshing to talk for hours, play silly board games, and enjoy each other’s company. Plus, DD adores them all. 

It’s kind of crazy, though. I’ve been telling my nesting brain to slow down until after my friends’ visit. Now that it’s over, I want to do all the things! Wash baby clothes, get out my baby carriers and cloth diapers, start shopping for items we need, etc. We’re getting the nursery painted this week!
  • @kantobean I knowwwww! I’m also ready to nest ALL THE THINGS!!!! I’m actually currently in my basement storage pulling out baby stuff and reorganizing it so I know what to pull out first when I get the dresser put together. 
  • @kantobean I feel like the nesting is really kicking in now that we are in the home stretch. I finally got around to starting the nursery today but we have some touch up painting to do. Washing all this baby clothes is going to be a challenge for sure lol

@mrsvp614 Aww it’s so cute that your son is excited!! I definitely want to start packing the hospital bag. 
  • @mrsvp614 I definitely need to start my hospital bag also! At least get my list together from our post and put the essentials in that I won’t need beforehand. 
  • @stassischroeder at every u/s last time, they told me DS’ head was like 90-95th percentile. They would apologize when they said it and they scared me. His head was right at 50%. So you never know! Though it sounds like genes aren’t on your side, but still, u/s could be wrong!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DS’s head was 99.6 percentile at birth and it’s stayed that way until they stopped measuring at 2. DH has a huge head, mine is small though so no clue what this kid will be 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not sure I have a nesting gene but Im working on getting DS moved to his big boy room and then I’ll get the baby stuff out. I’ve started packing my hospital bag too. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @stacey6689, love the shower decorations.

@mrsvp614, my DS is getting excited too. he has all kinds of questions about 'what baby is doing".  yesterday he asked if she was sleeping with her crib and blankets and pillow in my tummy.

I feel like I've switched to nesting mode too.  MIL brought over some baby clothes and it just made me feel like organizing/getting everything put together. It also made me realize how quickly this is all coming.. yikes.  I still need to get my maternity leave from work figured out too. 
  • Uuuugh, you guys are stressing me out with your talk of hospital bags and nesting  :D We literally have NOTHING set up for this baby, although all we're going to do is put a PNP and some storage cubbies in our room for now. I have all of her clothes sorted, and it won't be much hassle to dig out the Mamaroo, swing, etc., but I always feel like we should be doing more! 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @EmilyLove25 Ugh, sleeping transitions can be so stressful! Even when they go well, there's a constant worry that any minute could go wrong.
    Just when I thought DS was being cute about the baby's bassinet, last night he cried that he wanted to sleep in his baby bed, so that backfired.  :#
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • eeeep we are all getting so close! I'm technically April 1, so I think I'll be the last to go in this group lol. It still freaks me out that as of tomorrow I'm 30 weeks. I still think hospital bags are about 3 weeks off for me - my husband thinks everything I've done so far is way too aggressively early but man I'm glad to have it off the list!

side note - until I read it on the safe sleep website, I had NO IDEA that swaddling with arms in should stop at 2 mo.... not knowing shit like that is going to keep me up at night. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin I just go with when they start rolling over on their own. And, don't worry, you'll learn a TON in the first couple months because you'll google about 482974230 things related to sleep, BFing, poop, snot, pee, etc.  ;)

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @EmilyLove25 We’re in a similar boat with the big kid bed transitions. My 2.5 year old is going through an awful sleep regression and comes in our room like 3x a night until we finally let her sleep with us. We decided to move her bed into her sister’s room to see if they would comfort eachother but it didn’t work out all. 4.5 year old big sis slept through every waking, but then an hour later woke up panicked running around looking for her “lost” sister who was asleep in our bed. It’s gonna be a nighttime circus when this baby arrives!
  • @stacey6689 The shower is gorgeous!!
    My nesting brain is helping keep me up at night, I lie awake thinking what would best go in each drawer, etc., madness. I made it through purging and organizing the guest bathroom, which is also kids, the linen closet to move their crib sheets and blankets into, but I was defeated by the toy closet, damn. Need to regroup. My well intentioned but sometimes misplaced MIL is all, 'I'll be there in three weeks to organize and wash all the clothes (kept from DD)'. Super helpful, but kind of something I want to do myself. Maybe it's too controlling, but I want to purge a ton of it personally, I'd like to keep some of DS's clothes that can work for a girl, and also I kind of like knowing what all we have in the rotation for some weird, hard to explain reason. 
    @EmilyLove25 That's awesome they like their bunk beds! We bought DD a full bed for her birthday and even though DS has a toddler bed, they're used to me laying with them to sleep, so they're both in there!! And then it's only for a couple hours...before they migrate to our bed also, going to be some long nights ahead.
  • @momoftoddlers That sounds SO similar to what we are dealing with/addressing. For us it was our 2 year old dealing with the regression. When the baby comes I might just lock the baby and myself in a room and say, "good luck, DH!"
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 🤣 I’m with you. I’m trying to convince DH to buy my 2.5 year old a full size bed (she’s in a toddler bed now and we ultimately want a full for her room) so he can sleep in it with her and I can be left alone with the baby. He’s not up for it for $$ reasons but I don’t know what else to do! 
  • @emilylove25, I feel behind in the sleep transition area - I had every intention of getting DS out of his crib and into a twin bed before this LO arrives, but doesn't look like it'll happen.  I'm thinking now he can stay in his crib for the first several months while the LO is in the bassinet... less transitioning happening at once for him. as it is, he gets out of bed in the middle of the night at times and goes to sleep on the couch next to the dog.. he stopped coming to sleep by me.  (I guess even he is disturbed by my constant tossing and turning lately?)

@stac4056, I don't blame you for wanting to organize the clothes yourself.  I feel the same way.. I think for me it's the 'ritual' of it, and it's kind of how I start getting to feel close/bonded to the baby before birth. I wouldn't really appreciate it either if someone else wanted to 'help' in this area. 

• @treetop19 OMG that is so cute that he goes and sleeps with the dog! I was between doing it now (transition before sibling comes) and doing it like you are saying, after the baby is out of the bassinet... BUT I hate bassinets and wanted this one in the crib from the get go. EHHH it's all a nightmare aside from snuggles!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 Haha that is my plan for better or worse, DS just will not be able to be in bed with me recovering from c-section, he kicks too much. I'm convinced he sleeps better alone but getting him to that point and keeping him there is the hard part. 
    @momoftoddlers We went full for the purpose of allowing a parent to lie down with them, and also even once we move to a bigger home, will not have a guest room, so bigger beds for the kids will serve that dual purpose. Got DD's bed and mattress on Wayfair pretty reasonably and love it!!
    @treetop19 Exactly!! Not really buying anything new so this is the fun part!! 
  • We just moved DS to his big boy bed this weekend! (He’ll be 3 in March) Night time has been going great so far but naps have been a struggle. He did finally sleep for a little bit at nap time today. I’m tired and miss naps so I hope he works through it. He’s gonna miss his nap tomorrow though bc my rescheduled appt is right during nap time 😬

Anyone else pulling out old baby clothes and finding the white ones all have yellow staining around the neck? Apparently this is pretty common and oxyclean plus hot water will get it out so I’m hoping they works bc some of them are so cute! I’ll keep you all posted if it works! Or if anyone has any other tricks I’m happy to hear it!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I transitioned DD to her big bed in October and it went well! She’s a little older, though. She’ll be 4 in 3 weeks!! 
  • @varimama my friend warned me about the staining from breastmilk even though washed. She didn’t give me tips, but I hope the oxyclean works! I still need to go through DS’ clothes and decide which ones I’d like DD to wear and which to donate. 

• @stacey6689 oh my god, what an adorable baby shower, I love it so much! But I’m a decor nerd of all kinds 
  • @chichiphin I’m with you! I’m March 28 so I’m at the end of March. I also feel a bit stressed about all the things I don’t know, but We’ll learn as we go :)

DH and I are both type A and we are tackling our pre-baby to-do list (55 items, FML). One of the items is “LEARN ABOUT BREASTFEEDING” hahaha! So we’re in this together 
  • I’m going to target tomorrow to get my travel toothbrush kit and shampoo/conditioner to put in my bag! Eeeek! I’m also feeling like I need a bag? Is that weird? I only really have a suitcase, not a good weekend bag. So I think I’ll check those out also, because why not. 
  • @stassischroeder I remember you saying that nesting had never really been your thing. We still have quite a bit of time and if it weren't for us having to clean out a room filled with craft stuff and random junk to set up a bedroom for DD, I don't feel like I'd have all that much to do to get ready for DD2 yet.

All this big kid bed talk is making me really anxious. I wanted to keep my 21 month in her crib for as long as possible, but my husband feels really strongly about moving her to a twin before #2 comes along. I'm fully prepared to buy a second crib and put her in it for another whole year if the twin bed thing is a disaster. 

@miss.sally I've been thinking about upgrading my weekender bag too! I saw an ad on insta for beautiful canvas bags but can't find it again. I currently only have LeSportsac bags which are the perfect size but don't feel so grown up. Please share here if you find something you love. Extra points for canvas and <$100.
  • @keeksie84 team crib for lyfe. DS is also 21 mo. We have a second crib (I got a cheap one from ikea) and that’s gonna be DD’s crib once she transitions out of the bassinet. And I also will prob have her sleep in a pack n play in our room for a bit before transitioning her to the nursery crib. DS was in our room for 10 mo.

DS’s nicer crib is taller so I am hoping by the time DD needs a taller crib, I can swap DS to the cheaper ikea crib and transfer it to the toddler bed.

we did kick DS out of the nursery last wk, but we moved his crib to his “big boy room” with him.

• @keeksie84 have you looked on amazon?! They have some great canvas weekender bags for like $30. Also welcome back!!!!
  • @miss.sally thanks, I'm happy to be back. I haven't checked Amazon yet, but I will now! Also, I sent you a PM  :)