Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intros w/o 1/20

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: Newbie Intros w/o 1/20

• @legallykate. Welcome!!  Thanks for the heads up about Grace and Frankie!  I love that show...now just need to have my husband head out of town for a weekend of binge watching.  Hope your stay here is short, but I love your attitude about going with the flow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all, I was on this board early 2017 and I'm honestly not too sure I belong here! I will absolutely bow out if not. BOTB is not very active but I'm looking to be part of a community and enjoy talking about TTGP/providing support. TTA per my OB for at least 8 more months. I re-read the guidelines and it didn't say anything about posting here while TTA but I don't want to be weird!

Ages (you and SO): 29(almost 30)/30

How many months have you been TTC?: Currently TTA for medical reasons (hence why I'm not sure I belong here :) )

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: TTA but tracking and using OPKs

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): *TW* 2 yo DS and almost 10 mo DD. I love reading and dabble in sewing though don't have as much time lately.

• @legallykate so many similarities between the two of us! I was in the July BMB and still active there just on FB. Same here with trying to go with the flow and not stress but it's certainly hard. And our ages are exactly the same 🙂 wishing you a short stay on this board as well!
  • Hello, I'm brand new here! My husband just had a vasectomy reversal yesterday so we will be TTC as soon as he is cleared for sex. I am 36/SO is 41. 

TW, Kids mentioned

I have two bio children ages 10 and 13, as well as 3 bonus kids (6, 8, 10). I did not have trouble getting pregnant with my first two so I don't planning on doing anything special right away. My age and his reversal do have a good chance of making this harder but we will deal with that when it comes. 

Kids aside, I work full-time, love everything nature, my four cats, gardening, kayaking, and hiking.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Ashley
  • Ages (you and SO): I’m 33 and my SO is 36

How many months have you been TTC?: 3 months

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPKs, but I’m not sure if the ones I have are any good. 

TW: child, miscarriage 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I’m a SAHM of one kiddo who just turned 4. We have 1 kitty and enjoy crafting, currently I’m on a crosstitch/embroidery kick. I also watch an ungodly amount of TV. 

I’m pretty much in panic mode because I am over 30 and TTC. Last time I got pregnant on the first and second times we tried. Even though I shouldn’t expect it to be that quick again, it still feeds into my anxiety.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @deaddahliah I can relate to the anxiety
    *TW- children mentioned*
    I have an 18 months old conceived at the very first try so part of me is very impatient and freaking out about the whole process. Fwiw I'm 36!
  • @morethanamama We really are the exact same!!!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @morethanamama yes, definitely impatient too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! I'm 30 and my DH is 34. I am an elementary teacher and he is a contractor. 

TW mention of MC

We've been TTC for about a month and a half. We were successful but I had an early MC and now I'm gearing up to try again.

I currently have an adorable fur baby, a shihtzu named Princess who will turn 12 in February. I love binge watching Masterpiece shows like Poldark while munching popcorn. 
  • I haven’t been active in a couple months so I thought I would re-introduce myself. :)

I’m turning 28 in a couple weeks, and DH is 30. 

We’ve been TTC for 8 months & 7 cycles. 

Using OPKs, wearable sensor each night, prenatals, and trying out the SMEP method. 

I’m a middle school teacher, and so is DH. For the most part I’ve stayed optimistic about our TTC journey, because my biggest fear is stress affecting our chances! Looking forward to getting back in on these chats.
  • @singing_koala hi and welcome back! I remember your user name. 😁