• BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) Check-In week of 1/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 23+4

Team Pink/Blue/Green: Lavender 

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruits

Upcoming appointments: Nothing for a few weeks.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I'd feel better if I could poop regularly. 😆

Raves/Rants: I'm so excited to have today off. I didn't even know it was a holiday until the end of last week. 

Questions: Nope 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I used to collect Starbucks City mugs when I'd travel. But then I started getting too many and it was ridiculous. So I had to stop.
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 16/ 23+2

Team Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow is group care with my midwife 

How are you feeling? Starting to get tired again. Took a nap yesterday for the first time since my first trimester then went to the gym and was ready to go to bed. 

Raves/Rants: None 

Questions: None 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Hobbies... MH says I can't start anymore hobbies until I finish all my other ones. I have a huge bin of yarn, although I've only knitted a dish towel. I make candles, I make a lot of my own beauty products, I paint, make string art and I have a business making Malas and bracelets. I really want to make my own cold process soap and a few other things.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 I love the Starbucks city city designs but definitely see how those could get out of hand quickly.

@jess09lynn so many cool hobbies! I wish I was more creative with my hobbies. Which is your favorite?
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 15/23+3

Team Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): furby

Upcoming appointments: not until 2/3

How are you feeling? Large. MH swears I keep growing overnight, and I know it's still early 😬

Raves/Rants: happy to have today off. I'm baking banana bread, cleaning the house, and watching trash tv.

Questions: nope

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really. When I was younger I went through phases but nothing really stuck.
    FTM
  • @jess09lynn Thats impressive you made it to the gym! I haven't been to the gym since my first pregnancy  :(
    @ruby696 Ugh pregnancy constipation is the worst. I had it so bad last time and I had finally got things working better almost 3 years later. Thankfully so far this pregnancy things are going well. I am keeping up with caffeine and high strength probiotics and vitamin D. Not sure if that is what is helping, but it is going good so far. I remember last time it started bad right around 28 weeks so I am nervous as I get closer.

EDD/weeks+days: May 14 / 23+4

Team Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): bottle of Honest Tea

Upcoming appointments: Friday for a regular check

How are you feeling? Mostly good, I have some sort of pinching in my right back/butt area that is making me waddle more. I think I just need to get it massaged out. I am for sure feeling pretty huge and I know its going to get worse. Sitting at my desk is awful and makes my bottom/vagina feel bruised. Luckily I have a sit/stand desk, I just need to remember to alternate more.

Raves/Rants: Packers lost last night, we went to a local bar/grill for the game with friends and family and it was fun at least, DD had a blast.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I collect shot glasses from the different states/countries I've visited. Also, Lillebaby carriers, I'm pretty sure I have 6, maybe 7. :p
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua TMI, but I feel like all I poop is small rocks. I need to do something...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 12 / 23 + 6

Team Pink/Blue/Green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 10th regular ob appt plus glucose test 

How are you feeling? Ok. Nervous about whether I got hand foot and mouth disease from some relatives - I hear pregnancy can make you more susceptible. Stay tuned...

Raves/Rants: it has been a pretty crazy long weekend out of town with family. We trekked cross country and family had HFM, so we have been trying to keep our distance, but since we came here to visit them, it’s tough. Plus 3 hour time change means we are exhausted. Excited not to travel by plane again for like the next year. 

Questions: nah

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really. Used to get magnets when traveling out of town for work and now have switched over to a board book for DD oriented around the place where I am (e.g. Go To Sleep Chicago). 
  • @adventuresawait2 FX that you are avoiding HFM!

@ruby696 TMI...
    That was me last time, it was small rocks but stuck together in a big chunk most of the times. I had to usually help myself poop and more, I probably should have been doing suppositories. Once in a while I would have blood, i'm assuming from tearing sometimes. I carried around wet wipes since everything was so sore. I ended up with terrible hemorrhoids and I am pretty positive my intestines have been stretched out wider than they should be and haven't gone back down (if that makes sense). I was taking Colace 3x per day and drinking a soda every couple days to make myself go (I couldn't do coffee at the time). I tried Miralax and that did absolutely nothing. I was taking the Up & Up brand prenatal. This time I am taking a high quality food grade prenatal, vitamin D, probiotics, and drinking coffee (caffeinated and decaf) and/or soda regularly. So far its going well, although the last couple of weeks I've had a couple BMs that were a little harder. I've been trying to up my probiotics lately to help combat that and I am also hoping they will help me avoid Group B Strep this time too.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @adventuresawait2 Ugh, I really hope you don't have/get HFM...

@m6agua I should probably start drinking coffee again. It always helps when I'm not pregnant. At 23 weeks, I think a cup a day is probably fine.
  • @ruby696 I personally feel like a cup a day to help me go is probably healthier than taking a shit ton of colace and miralax like my doctor told me to do last time. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• EDD/weeks+days: May 9th, 24 weeks 2 days

Team Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Upcoming appointments: 1/30 (just a regular check-in)

How are you feeling? I concur with those who are feeling large. I definitely think there is no hiding the bump anymore and when I wear a pregnancy shirt or wear my pants below my belly it REALLY shows.I am mostly feeling okay-- still have some worries that everything is okay. Apparently I have an anterior placenta so worried about being able to track movements. I think I feel flutters or things sometimes in the day and can feel a bit more at night especially when I roll over but some days I think I feel things more than others. I am not even sure if this is the baby or something else. I wish I didn't have an anterior placenta which makes it harder to feel/know. 

Raves/Rants: the anterior placenta

Questions: Same as the rant-- any advice from anyone who has had an anterior placenta? We don't start counting kicks/movements until 28 weeks, right? I'm trying to prevent my pgal brain from worrying too much. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I wouldn't say "collect" but I do have 100-200 board games. I play a lot of games (and wish I had more time to play more). I also *feel* like I collect clothes mostly because of how many I have after I went to go through them and bin up the ones that don't fit now that I am pregnant. I used to collect beanie babies as a kid and still have quite a few (and by collect I mean I still have several hundred in a bin). 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/16  - 23 wks +2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: 1/31 follow-up ultrasound to check head measurements and placenta placement

How are you feeling? Feeling huge already, but husband swears I'm not waddling yet. 

Raves/Rants: Good sleep has been non-existent 

Questions: Anyone have experience with placenta being anterior at 12 weeks and then at 20 weeks be posterior and low lying? Seems strange to me to have what seems like a drastic change in position. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? No
  • @heyybritt my favorite would be making my own products. I'm pretty passionate about using natural products and it's very satisfying knowing that what I'm using is beneficial. It also allows me to customize my ingredients to what I need. 

@doctorcrime im with you on the anterior placenta. I get concerned some days because I don't feel much. I keep reminding myself that my midwife said the movements wouldn't be that strong in the front.
    What are your favorite board games? We love games like Settlers of Catan. 
  • @adventuresawait2 ALL the FX that you avoid HFM like the plague! Single worst thing I’ve ever gone thru as an adult, can’t imagine doing it pregnant! DS was almost 2, not in daycare, no idea where he got it, I was terrified for SS to get it. I ended up with it not just on my hands and feet but on my scalp! It was FIRE. And DH had bought Jason Andean tickets for our anniversary and first real date after DS... yeah I went with ice packs on my hands and held the beer just to make my hands not hurt so bad. A week or so after all my fingernails and toenails fell off and my hands peeled so badly I couldn’t use the fingerprint scanners at work. It was a nightmare. 

Anyhow... 
    EDD/weeks+days: 23+5 may 14

Team Pink/Blue/Green:  Blue

Upcoming appointments: Thursday 

How are you feeling? Also large but I have been testing my blood sugar since the last time they had such a hard time drawing blood for the glucose screen at 16 weeks.... it’s been beautiful! So fingers crossed it stays that way thru next week or OB says this week of numbers is good enough to pass me :) 

Raves/Rants: oops, see above 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? No. I am boring I guess. I used to like to have collections as a kid but now I’m kind of over having “junk” around the house 
  • @ruby696 I would try the coffee for sure! Or some sort of warm beverage? It's strange but I tend to have the opposite problem during pregnancy...

@jess09lynn Hope you have a good appointment today!

@heybritt your day yesterday sounds lovely!

@m6agua I think that sounds like a great excuse for a massage!

@adventuresawait2 FX for no HFM! DS had it this past November and I didn't end up getting it while pregnant. Travel is so exhausting with a kid, I hope you get to rest up!

@doctorcrime I had an anterior placenta with DS and I have one again. It didn't really interfere with kick counts last time - if i was ever worried I just followed the advice of drink something sugary and pay attention/ lie down. Talk to your OB at your next appointment but yes you are right that they don't really start worrying about kick counts until at least 3rd tri. Try not to let it psych you out! You might even be a little thankful for a little cushion with movement later on in the pregnancy. :) 

@afranzen85 No experience but yeah that does seem drastic. I guess it depends on where "anterior" it was the first check? I would ask at your next appointment!

@JStill0603 Yay for great blood sugars! Hope they continue.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/14, 23+5

Upcoming appointments: I had my 24 week appt. yesterday. I had to wait FOREVER with a toddler and I was so over it by the time the appointment came I just wanted out of there. It was just a doppler/pee check etc anyway. Anyway I was annoyed so my BP was high.

How are you feeling? Decent, feeling it if I do too much now. 

Raves/Rants: My H is finally back in town (well will be tonight). He's been working out of town for the last few weeks and home on weekends. I'm soooo glad.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? eh, not really? Sometimes magnets if I see one cool some place I'm traveling. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 24+1/ May 11

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant or Cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: I have an endocrinologist appt today and my Glucose test is Feb 7th.

How are you feeling? Not super great, but my thyroid is off. I'm tired, run down, and grouchy a lot. I'm hoping the endo will be able to adjust my medication today or tomorrow and help me feel better. Also the tingly hands are bothering me a lot at night right now and interfering with sleep quality. 

Raves/Rants: Rave is being 24 weeks because that's a pretty good milestone. Another rave is that the quad wagon I ordered to replace my double stroller is coming Friday! Rant is that I feel like I might be getting sick. blah noooooo. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I used to collect teapots until other people started wanting to buy them for me. They bought me all kinds of wacky ones and that wasn't really what I wanted and it kind of ruined it. I tend to collect magnets for the fridge where we've travelled or visited. As I'm getting older though it's started to feel more like a bunch of extra crap laying around collecting dust, so I don't really collect much anymore. 

@rachelg777 waiting forever at appointments with a toddler is 10/10 the worst thing about being pregnant in my opinion. That's what started bp gate for me the other day where they kept making me come back for rechecks when it was fine. I'd been waiting forever and my child had been sob screaming while everyone stared at me. It should have been no mystery why it was higher that day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jess09lynn Ohh man we play a ton of games. We like Settlers! My husband and I play a lot of deck building games. I really like games like Splendor, Ticket to Ride, Dice Force, etc. A lot of my friends like social deduction games like Werewolf and Resistance and I also play tons of card games with friends even the old classics like Hearts. I'm going to try to make sure my baby shower doesn't turn into my friends and I wanting to play board games in the corner. I have already joked that I will be in the labor room calling for my friends to bring in the games! (I haven't given birth before but I imagine this will not be the case:D)
  • @doctorcrime It is totally normal to not feel consistent movement all day yet with an anterior placenta. With DD I for sure wasn't feeling it consistently until sometime in the 3rd tri. This time around I have another anterior placenta, I usually can feel some movement when I sit down at work right away in the morning (while drinking coffee) and occasionally a little around lunch and then sometimes some when I lay down for bed. I for sure do not feel it all day long yet though. I usually do not feel as much on the weekends because I am constantly moving around getting shit done and barely stop to sit. On another note, I love board games and am so excited to get our kids into them too. We bought DD Connect 4, Candyland, and My first Orchard game and she seems to like them so far!

@afranzen85 I don't have experience with the placenta moving like you describe, but also they didn't tell me where my placenta was until 20 weeks. Your uterus grows a lot between 12 & 20 weeks so I would guess that it could be within the realm of normal. What do your doctors say? I've had 2 anterior placentas now and I was told in both pregnancies early on that I have a tilted uterus, so I would imagine whatever your anatomy is to start can be a factor.

@jess09lynn I love Catan! I cannot wait until my kids are older and we can play together.

@jstill0603 I'm glad your blood sugars have been looking good! I've been thinking about busting out my glucometer from last time and testing a bit prior to my next 1 hour screen, that way I can at least have an idea.

@rachelg777 I'm sorry you had to wait so long, that is always annoying.

@Austenista Which wagon did you get? DH and I are debating on buying a Veer this time around, they are so expensive though.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @rachelg777 I get annoyed when I have to wait on my lunch hour - I would be furious if I had my toddler with me. And why can't appts ever be close to on time?? I mean, I get they may be short doctors some days because of an unanticipated labors/complications, but usually the receptionist will say when that's the reason they're running behind.

Also, don't take me right back like you're on time and then make me sit in a room by myself for 40 mintues, wondering if I've been forgotten. 
  • @ruby696 @Austenista They actually "checked me out" instead of "checking me in" when I arrived - so I have no idea how that happened. We waited 30 minutes when I got up and asked if I could go ahead and give my urine sample since it was taking a while- which I did. We waited another 30 minutes -them knowing full well I was there - before they realized the mistake... I was the only person in the waiting room as it was 5PM - like hoooow does that happen? Anyway yeah- so frustrating!
  • @rachelg777 So. Much. Rage. My toddlers would be so hungry/grouchy by that point.
  • @rachelg777 ugh I would be annoyed too. We brought DD to my 16 week appointment and she was getting antsy by the time the doctor finally came in.

@adventuresawait2 FX that you don't have HFM!

EDD/weeks+days: May 13/23w5d

Upcoming appointments: 24 week appointment this afternoon

How are you feeling? Fine, just not happy to be back at work today after a three-day weekend. DD is sick, so H stayed home with her and I'd be lying if I said I weren't a little jealous.

Raves/Rants: Because I didn't have to drop H at work or DD at daycare this morning, I'm at work earlier than normal and hoping to be somewhat productive (as I'm bumping...)

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really, at least not intentionally. I'm trying to be a lot more mindful of the stuff that comes into our house, both in terms of quantity and quality.
  • @adventuresawait2 oh no! Fingers crossed it isn't HFM.  DD has had it a few times, and when she had it over the summer I ended up with it also.  My only symptom was the mouth sores, but they were HORRIBLE!! I couldn't eat, really couldn't talk either, and just had to constantly alternate motrin and tylenol and pray I made it through.  That's actually one of my big fears being pregnant just hoping we don't get it this winter because I don't know how I would survive without constant pain medicine.

@doctorcrime what is your favorite board game?  We just bought DD a few kid games for Christmas and have started playing more.  It's so fun, but I want some more adult-ish games to play with DH.  We get so boring and just watch tv or play on our phones after she's in bed, but I would love to do something a little more "productive" with our time.

@rachelg777 ugh that sounds so annoying!

EDD/weeks+days: May 13/ 23+5

Baby is the size of a(n): box of mac & cheese

Upcoming appointments: Had anatomy scan follow up yesterday so now just waiting until next Tuesday for my follow up with my dr.  I asked the tech yesterday if everything was normal because at our last appointment she was reassuring that nothing seemed abnormal we just needed a follow up because of baby's position.  The way she answered my question yesterday had me concerned since she seemed so upfront before and it was the same tech.  She said "I can't give any final results, but if anything is abnormal the dr will call you today", but that was like 4:30 yesterday so I'm still on edge thinking I could get a call with bad news at any time.  Also this was through the MFM not my normal OB so if something is wrong will the MFM dr reading the results call me or just send it to my OB and then it's up to my OB if/when to call me?  Hoping this is just another example of me worrying too much and everything is actually perfectly normal.

How are you feeling? Really good actually.  I love getting bigger to where it's obvious I'm pregnant and not just fat.  It's a little annoying not being able to bend certain ways and having to pee every 5 seconds, but overall I really love this stage of pregnancy.

Raves/Rants: After having a completely dead week last week at work I am swamped this week.  I wish I could just have a normal amount of work each week rather than these ups and downs.

Questions: nah

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Nope - I'm pretty boring.
  • @bananapanda it really depends on what kind of games you and the hubby like. My hubby is a huge fan of deck building games (he used to play Magic) so I play a lot of those with him. There are a lot of recommended starter like games for getting into the hobby. If you're looking for good two player games that are pretty easy to learn I would suggest Patchwork, Ticket to Ride (can play with more than 2 as well), Takenoko (super cute panda game! and can also play with 2-4), Splendor (again 2-4). If you like card games or quick games there are many at stores like Target like Unstable Unicorns and Exploding Kittens that are pretty easy to pick up and play. If you aren't super competitive and are interested in more co-op/work together like games I can suggest some of those too (like Codenames: Duet (a word game), Harry Potter Deck Building Game (especially if you like Harry Potter but a little more difficult if you aren't used to deck building games). 
  • +1 for the Ticket to Ride recommendation. MH and I love it, we have a few versions.
    FTM
  • Thanks @doctorcrime I'll have to look into a few of those!
  • @m6agua we got a Wonderfold quad wagon. Comparable in price to the Veer but seats four. Fortunately, a buy buy baby coupon was compatible with it and we were able to save over $100 on it. A couple of moms in DS1's bmb have the Veer have great things to say about it. We're coming from a Contours Options double and we loved that thing too, we're just outgrowing it with three. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @soprano19 @bananapanda So far I am cautiously optimistic that keeping the cousins separate has worked and that we don't have HFM...still time for that daycare call today... :)  I think if we can make it through to Monday, we should be in the clear!

• I'm so behind this week, but jumping in late anyway!

EDD/weeks+days: May 14/24w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Atlantic Puffin

Upcoming appointments: Feb 5

How are you feeling? So tired, especially in the morning; I can barely open my eyes when my alarm goes off. 

Raves/Rants: DD's daycare was closed Wed & Thurs because they had so many teachers out sick (and a bunch of kids). They've been in contact with the Dept of Health and it's a suspected norovirus or influenza-A outbreak. They deep-cleaned the center yesterday and had a delayed opening today for toddlers and preschool. The preschool wing has all the teachers out sick so with only a couple subs/floaters to fill in they closed at 1:30. The toddler wing where DD is seems to be pretty much fine - none of the teachers were sick and the kids all seem to have avoided it so we risked bringing DD in today so H and I could work. I'm really hoping DD stays healthy because I definitely don't want any of those germs to come into our house!

Questions: None.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Nothing intentionally, though I guess you could say H and I have a cookbook collection. We're very conscientious about what cookbooks we bring into our house, but there are so many good ones out there!