Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 1.18-1.19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is the best thing that has happened so far this month? 

Re: WTO Weekend 1.18-1.19

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pre-natals, OPKs next week, 

R/R:. Not sure if this is a rant or a rave,  but it was in the high 60s all week and almost overnight it is in the 30s.  But it is nice to have a weekend sleeping in and snuggled under lots of blankets.  Hopefully it will also kill all the mosquitoes that have already started coming out.  Everyone is sick though with the rapid temp changes.  

CS/Q:. Are pre-natals sensitive to light?  I noticed the bottle is dark, (which  that in normally indicates that in my laboratory life.). Or are they trying not to scare you with how big those pills are?

GTKY: What is the best thing that has happened so far this month?   We are house-hunting which feels like extra dates with my DH.  We go out to a coffee shop to browse listings and then go look at places.  We have dinner with plenty to discuss and laugh about.  Some people make interesting choices!  It is exciting and starting to make GA feel more like home.  
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 hi, hope you are having a nice weekend! I didn’t want you to think your question was being ignored...I think you posted it the other day too. I take the NatureMade prenatals, and they are in a dark bottle too. I did a quick Google search and couldn’t find anything to indicate that they are light sensitive, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t. Sorry, not really an answer...but it does make sense that they are in a dark container for a reason. Could you get a dark pill box to use instead of a plastic bag (which I think you said you used in the other post), just in case they are light sensitive? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bluetickgal. That is a good idea and I should look for the medicine pill box my mil gave me.  She is always like you use that everyday right?  
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 I was lurking, and I took a deep dive on PubMed/Medline. I would have thought there would be more info! Two issues came up in my searching. 

First is the oxidation of fish oil. Many prenatal contain DHA which is often derived from fish oil, which is very sensitive to oxidation. This can be increased with light exposure. 

Second, general degradation of B vitamins including folic acid by UV exposure. Current research has focused more on whether UV exposure can penetrate the body and decreased blood folate levels, but most of the studies mention that folate (and B vitamins) are sensitive to light based degradation. 

So, I would recommend keeping your PNVs in something that blocks light. 

And if you have a ton of time to waste, there’s an interesting rabbit hole to go down about how folate fortification of food has significantly increased average blood levels, sometimes to “supratherapeutic” levels. But then again, there are still plenty of people, especially women of childbearing age in certain ethnic and socioeconomic groups, that are below the recommended level. 

Hope this helps!

• Options
    @dobiemom11   If the bottle is dark, then I would assume that they are light sensitive, but I'm just guessing too.  I agree with using a pill box instead.  

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs, BD EOD

R/R:  I am once again hopeful about this cycle, and for some reason, I am feeling a lot more relaxed at least today.  I feel like I have my game plan.  I have my giant box of OPKs, and I am ready to try again to get pregnant.  

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is the best thing that has happened so far this month?  The best thing that has happened so far this month is uneventful weather.  I live in an area that doesn't usually get snow most years, but there were predictions of there being a lot of snow this past week.  People started to panic, and they thought that it would be Snowmageddon.  I was just worried that traveling to work was going to be difficult if it snowed.  It ended up only being barely a light dusting of snow two days.  It mostly melted as soon as it hit the ground.  I feel kind of lame for saying uneventful weather was the best thing that has happened, but I really do appreciate not having to deal with snow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPK, preseed

R/R: I treated myself to the hair salon this morning! I don't go often.  Last fall, I got the underside of my dark brown hair bleached and dyed rose gold. So if my hair was up you could see the rose gold but if my hair was down, it looked natural brown with just a hint of rose showing underneath.  My rose gold color has been long gone so today I got the blonde part touched up and re-lightened. I ordered a bunch of sample sizes of different colors of temporary color to experiment with on the underside of my hair.... rose gold, pastel blue, pastel purple, vibrant purple, and light magenta. The color is supposed to wash out in a few shampoos so it will be fun to play around with. 

CS/Q: none

GTKY: What is the best thing that has happened so far this month?   MH and I both deep-cleaned and organized several areas of clutter in the house and it feels like a weight was lifted.  Especially after I Marie Kondo'd my closet and bureau!

@dobiemom11 We had a lot of fun house hunting too (3.5 yrs ago). We would go out to breakfast and make lists on napkins and look through the real estate magazines. Funny thing is, we ended up buying the first house we looked at after looking at everything else in our range. Have fun on your search!
    @notagoodpatient thanks for that info!
    @AB518 I think calm weather is a great thing to appreciate, allows you to focus on other things :-)
  • Options
    @dancingtreepose  Cleaning and getting organized is an accomplishment!  I like the feeling of getting rid of clutter.  Did you ask if each item sparked joy?  I recently watched an episode of Marie Kondo's show on Netflix.  It made me feel like I am currently failing on organization in my house.  Cleaning and organizing are currently on my to-do list.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient. Thank you so much doing the research and letting me know.  I really appreciate it.  As I am sure all of your ladies know, it can be a real pill (pun intended) to open all those bottles everyday.  I feel like I have a pharmacy on my bathroom counter.  

@dancingtreepose. Oh my goodness...I love that hair idea with the natural on top and something fun on the bottom.  Have so much fun experimenting.  My husband really wants me to go pink or teal with my hair, but that seems a little too brave for me.  I will probably just stick with red highlights.  He really wants the top to be one color and the bottom another so it can be different depending on which way you part your hair.  
  • Options
    @AB518 Ha, I didn't get around to asking what sparks joy but I did take her idea for how to fold shirts and pants so that you can see all your clothes like a "filing cabinet" when you open the drawer. I have to credit MH for buying metal shelving and taking the lead on the basement, but I made labels for everything. 

@dobiemom11 Pink and teal sounds very pretty but I hear you on the bravery it takes, especially if it isn't the norm at your workplace. There are so many great temporary haircolors out there, you could do something on highlights that washes out at the end of the weekend.