Trying to Get Pregnant

January Cooking/Baking/Crafting

2»

Re: January Cooking/Baking/Crafting

• @mvt2003 I love those! The colors are so homey and inviting :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kpearse99 I definitely do not have the skill to make hedgehog cupcakes! But they are super adorable!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess ooo those colors sound pretty. Can’t wait to see the final product!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @emeraldduchess that blanket will be adorable! I wish I could do yarn work. I’d have so many blankets!!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @abarr723 I may or may not have a drawer of little blankets I have made in good faith that I will someday get to use them. :) 
    I made the original blanket for my cousin last year and she loved it. It's so basic, but so snuggly soft and pretty.
  • @emeraldduchess I've held strong all year long (all 17 days of it, snort!) but even I might break at the KnitPicks sale! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 Baby Yoda says buy the soft squishy yarn.

• @emeraldduchess OMG the cuteness! 

• @emeraldduchess Do you have an Etsy page?! I’d totally buy blankets from you! 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• HELP

Send me all the gluten and dairy free recipes and foods you know!

This might be our only option to get us to conceive 😢
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 we do a zucchini spaghetti that is dairy/gluten free. I have a cheap hand-held veggie spiralizer to make the ”zoodles” and then I use ground turkey & jar sauce. I use about 2 zucchini per serving, so usually 4 (or 5 if they are small) for the 2 of us.
  • I've been making this blueberry baked oatmeal and eating it for breakfast through the work week and it's SO good! @inthewoods23 you can probably make this with gluten-free oats and almond milk (or any other nondairy milk). I sometimes make baked oatmeal with almond milk and it tastes the same. 
    https://www.laurafuentes.com/healthy-breakfast-blueberry-baked-oatmeal/ 

I have a few other baked oatmeal recipes if anyone wants them (pumpkin spice, banana, etc.)
  • @abarr723 I don't have an Etsy page. I did consider it briefly, but I don't really have the time to run one. I've considered doing work on commission for family and friends, but I wouldn't even know where to start or what to charge. 
  • @emeraldduchess. I would love the pumpkin spice one.  I am trying to be better about having food around that I actually like to eat.  Otherwise I feel super guilty eating out or just don't eat until dinnertime.  Then my husband deals with a hangry wife! 

Yesterday I was trying to decide when to make dinner and I was like let's watch another show before I make it, since I am not hungry.  He said I feel like this is one of those times that you really need to go make dinner because in the 45 minutes it takes to make it, you will suddenly be past meltdown stage.  Like what...that never happens!
  • @kpearse99. That is so stinking cute!!!  Puts me in the festive mood and I want to eat those little heart candies!

I always want to be that person who changes the decor for the different holidays, but that would require remembering and having stuff to switch out.  My goal for the new house is to actually decorate it and not just live in it.  
  • Wowwww! Everyone here is so talented! :o I'm hesitant to post any of my works in progress, but I may muster the courage a bit later. I'm working on a painting (the paints are made from soil and crushed stones from my land) as well as my first knitted blanket.
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • I do a bunch of paint by numbers.  I took painting lessons for 10 years and really loved it.  But now I just don't have the brain space to be creative and come up with ideas on my own.  The paint by number allows me to paint but without having to think so much about composition and colors and such.  Currently working on a wave crashing at sunset.  My sister got me a picture of our Doberman to paint by number and that is next up.
  • @inthewoods23 moving food stuff over here. What kind of foods do you and DH like? I assume he'll be doing this too since he does most of the cooking? 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @dobiemom11 I have a paint by number too but all the spaces are pretty small so it actually doesn't feel that relaxing for me to do 😆

@kiki047 we're really big on salmon and chicken with the occasional burger. Mexican, Italian. I did download an anti-inflammatory recipe list which should be a good start. Problem is we need quick and easy meals right now being busy with robotics 3 days a week and often times for us that means stuff from a box! I know some things are an easy swap (like gluten free pasta) but I'm worried about having to deal with the hidden stuff. I plan on asking my RE how strict this needs to be, like do I need to care about cross contamination or no. I'm not doing this because I'd be sick otherwise so maybe it's okay? I'll have to see.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I totally get the need for quick and easy! Our go-to is ground chicken burgers with veggies. I can get those served up in about 30 minutes. It's boring, but quick. 

• kiki047kiki047 member
    edited January 2020
    @inthewoods23 staying away from the really processed foods is so hard when you live a busy lifestyle. We struggled with that too. Meal prepping will be your friend, being able to do some batch cooking. Look at Mediterranean diets for inspiration, or there are tons of Whole30 or paleo meal plans out there that are maybe a little too overly simplified but they already eliminate gluten and dairy. We used to do batches of grilled chicken breast that you can then use for various things like on top of a salad (spinach or kale, tomatoes, olives, cucumber), or with some sweet potatoes and leafy green veggies or broccoli. Chili is another good option if you use canned tomatoes without any added sodium and you can just add your own salt to taste. Eliminate meat all together in the chili, or swap out red meat for a lean ground chicken or turkey and load up on the lentils and beans. 

If you like Mexican, taco salads are an easy way to get in some legumes, switch out ground turkey or chicken instead of beef and sautee with low sodium taco seasoning. I make my own "refried" beans using no sodium canned black beans or pinto beans and a little bit of water, chopped onion and spices - https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/refried-beans/ (you can omit the butter in this and just use olive oil). Homemade guac is also a great for snacks. We find this meal packed with flavour, and if you're really desperate you can usually find GF tortillas or chips (look for baked over fried) but I'd avoid it if you can. 

For snacks, trail mix is easy to keep on hand. Nuts are good for inflammation and have lots of good antioxidants. If you're picky about store-bought trail mix a trip to the bulk barn is an easy way to just grab the things you like and make a custom mix. 

Salmon ideas - https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/gut-healing-dinner-recipe
    https://40aprons.com/whole30-fish-taco-bowls-paleo/
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/80388/lemon-rosemary-salmon/

https://www.asaucykitchen.com/tomato-basil-garlic-chicken/
    https://www.saltandlavender.com/15-minute-garlic-shrimp-zoodles/
    https://www.asweetpeachef.com/anti-inflammatory-diet-meal-plan/
    https://www.allrecipes.com/article/whole30-recipes-in-under-30-minutes
    https://www.kimscravings.com/easy-whole30-recipes/ 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @inthewoods23. I got stuck on a painting of Venice because the spots were too small.  I kept sitting down to do it and getting frustrated.  The paints ended up drying out before I finished.  I did notice that the brushes they give you aren't stiff enough to fill in those small areas.  I snagged a firmer brush out of my painting supplies and am doing more pointillism mode to get those little spots.  

@kiki047 Thanks for all the great recipes.  We are trying to do less dairy and carbs over here, so those will be helpful!
  • @mindyb2019 that blanket is beautiful!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking That's so cool!  Good job!

@mindyb2019 That is beautiful and it looks super cozy and comfy.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!