Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/13

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why?

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/13

• EDD/weeks+days: 7/5 ; 15+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: yellow canary

Upcoming appointments: 1/21

How are you feeling? great today!! Yay!

Raves/Rants: I was asleep before 9pm last night and got 9.5hrs of sleep. It was glorious and I feel recharged

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? I don't know lol... this is too much for me to think on for a Monday at the beginning of the quarter lol.... clearly, I copy my weekly GTKY when I don't even have an answer to one I posted. I hate coming up with them/I'm the worst at it :D 

• EDD/weeks+days: 16+, 7/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: avocado

Upcoming appointments: 1/13 2nd OB

How are you feeling? fierce headache this am, was super congested over weekend

Raves/Rants: Had a fun besties weekend in my hometown. 

I thought I had figured out a stroller option but had the chance to pick one like it up in a resale shop and it's too heavy.  (My neck is fused at three levels so certain lifts with bulky items are particularly hard.) Back to shopping.

Questions: 

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? Australia if not on fire, Fiji  Some of my family went and it sounded/looked fun.

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 14+6 (7Jul)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green! 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: donut. And that made me hungry for some donuts 

Upcoming appointments: 2/8 regular appt, 2/18 anatomy scan 

How are you feeling? I have a cold, and that’s miserable, BUT the nausea is improving slowly!

Raves/Rants: I love my OB’s this time around and I’m truly thankful this time is going better and I actually feel heard. 

Questions: any VBAC mommas in group 1? I’m going for TOLAC IF I don’t have a million complications this time 

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why?
    back to Kauai, Hawaii, it’s my happy place. We wanted to go back this coming Xmas with my parents, but not sure I want a toddler and infant on that plane ride. 
  • @blaf322 jealous on the sleep, I’ve been hit hard with insomnia this last week 😴 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 7 - 14+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: donut! (Luckily it’s cake day at our office)

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on 2/12...my OB doesn’t want to see me until after that.

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. My energy levels are back up and my eating habits are improving. I swear I’m starting to feel the little donut rolling around in there, but nothing consistent yet

Raves/Rants: We’ve been on the struggle bus with DS lately. He’s been having crazy meltdowns every day for the past week or so. This morning, he woke up happy and was willing to cooperate with our morning routine. Hopefully it’s a good sign and he’s on the upswing for a bit! Also guys, it’s -26C today. Nothing fits, so I had to wear this oversized mens puffy down jacket to work. I was super warm, but it’s gonna he a rough week! Sorry, not much to rave about this week 😀

Questions: how often are you guys having check in appointments this early on? I feel like with DS I saw my OB quite a bit, but I’ve only been twice so far. I know the frequency will pick up, but I won’t go back now until 20 weeks-ish 

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? if it’s only a week, then definitely Hawaii! I’ve never been, but it’s on my bucket list. I’d like to leave this week please.
  • @coffeeandcookies84 My OB saw me at 12 weeks.  Is seeing me today at 16 weeks and then 20 weeks.  So, once a month.  I think she said I'd move to every other week at 30.
  • @bluguitarhannah that sounds similar I guess! I’ve basically gone after each ultrasound, so 9weeks then 14 weeks and next one at 20 weeks..I bit of a gap, but I’m probably just overreacting. I know I can always check in if I have concerns. At 20 weeks I’ll get transferred to an MFM clinic which I know will be more structured and consistent 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 I did end up doing an elective us before the holidays. They had told me at OB I would have to go from 8 weeks to 20 weeks with just doppler and that wasn't working for me.  They aren't for everyone but helped reassure me.  I also wanted a better us photo to give my Mom at holiday.  It's been quite a mind warp to go from RE to regular OB's office.
  • @bluguitarhannah the ones that make it so you can connect an infant seat are just going to be bulky and heavy. I'm not sure I know of one that's light. BUT, once they're able to sit in a regular stroller, you have some good, lighter, options. An umbrella stroller might even be a great option for you. 

I have this one for travel and it's super light. It would be good for the travel you mentioned before because it folds up to the tiniest square ever.... but it's also good for general walking around and stuff if you're needing something really light: Pockit Stroller

I have this one for when we go anywhere where there may be some sort of terrain to navigate. I'm not sure how the weight compares to others (it feels lighter to me) but it's super easy to open so it may work well for you since you won't have to deal with awkward opening on top of weight? Baby Trend Jogging Stroller

I got both of those strollers on sale so I paid much less for the Pocket and something like $35 for the jogging stroller.

• @blaf322 I'll check those out.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 2 / 16 Weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: dill pickle (my fav snack food!)

Upcoming appointments: Just had an OB appt today; anatomy scan on 2/6

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great...little aches & pains, but definitely enjoying the second trimester and feeling like myself.

Raves/Rants: I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time in my OB appt this morning. What an amazing thing!!

Questions: none

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? Australia & New Zealand...I've wanted to go since college. Either that or a Mediterranean cruise.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 7, 15+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: cootie catcher

Upcoming appointments: Feb 17 for the 20 week US 

How are you feeling? Physically fine, mentally becoming overwhelmed. Trying to plan for maternity leave since I’ll be out the first quarter of the school year

Raves/Rants: Rant: how is it that I have 65 sick days saved up, but our school only allows me to take 30 of them?! My extra week will of course be unpaid. 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? Road trip across the US and then hit up Hawaii 
  • EDD/weeks+days:july 3rd.  16wks 1day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: baby is a girl!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: cd! 

Upcoming appointments: jan 31st

How are you feeling? Less nausea but it's still not fully gone and very tired. 

Raves/Rants: idk what it is but I'm so self conscious about how big my belly is getting this pregnancy.  First pregnancy I was excited to have a belly and now I'm always wondering if it's to big. Always on the back on my mind but I dont starve myself or anything lol!!

Questions: nothing really

GTKY: You can go anywhere in the world for a week with your significant other, money is no object, and you’ll have zero jet lag. Where ya going and why? I would say Bora Bora.  It looks magical. A dream vacation for sure.