July 2020 Moms

FFFC 1/17/20

No one started this already?? I don't know how to gif yet so it's super lame, but go ahead if you got 'em!

Re: FFFC 1/17/20

• @meanjellybean been there... probably without first tri nausea to blame at times lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I spent half of my workday today planning the get together for DD's BMB (that I can't attend this year b/c I'll be 1mo PP :neutral:). Let's all just hope my boss never finds out how much time I've wasted on this :D  
  • @meanjellybean what a timely confession that is after the text I got from my mom this afternoon...she is watching my 18 month old today and texted me to let me know he loved the leftover chicken she fed him for lunch. Uh yeah I am not 100% sure how old it is, but I am thinking 9 days. Crossing my fingers he doesn't get sick, and reminding myself to be better about cleaning out old leftovers. eeeeek. 
  • meanjellybeanmeanjellybean member
    edited January 2020
    @zande2016 hopefully if he liked it, that means it was probably ok, right?  :D

And @blaf322 I often wonder what my boss would say if she knew how I spent my time over the week some weeks... especially these last few months...
  • @meanjellybean she literally said "it tastes and smells fine" when I told her it was 9 days old...then sent me a photo of him happily eating it. It's been a few hours and no news of any illness so fingers crossed. 
  • Along the lines of work... I'm working from home today because DD's daycare is closed due to weather. It's almost 2:30pm, and I've probably only done two hours' worth of actual work. Whoops. 
  • My FFFC is my brother-in-law (whom I absolutely love) is going to propose to his girlfriend this weekend and I am not convinced he is in love with her. It feels like the girlfriend and my in laws are pressuring him. I know I need to trust him cause he's an adult and blah blah blah but it's frustrating cause I want the best for him and I'm not convinced this is it. And they want to have the wedding when everyone can come and I'm like "um I'm basically not going to be able to travel across the country for the next year or so" so they're thinking this March and now so I can come before I get too pregnant I'm like "I don't have enough time off to go, and I don't have paid maternity leave, so for those 12 weeks after baby comes, I need to save my time off so that we have some income" (DH is in school and doesn't work right now) so I'm just FTF out over here. I love this BIL and I want to be there for his wedding but I feel like my family (DH, me, and baby) come first now and I just don't feel like it makes sense to go into debt/miss work/be super uncomfortable to attend a wedding. Is that terrible of me?
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @knockupthestock No, I don't think it's terrible at all.  My Mom was pretty upset when I wouldn't agree to come see her in February for her 65th B-day.  There's not a party planned.  She wanted to pay for the airline tickets but the leave and how much income I'm facing losing on maternity leave is the problem.

I'm sorry it seems he may not be picking the one.  That happens.  But also his intended hopefully will get to speak up on her date and March is really soon for anything other than free or public space weddings.

• FFFC today is that I’ve been barely functional at work the past two weeks. With the end of first tri and an ongoing cold, I just cannot focus. I procrastinate sometimes, but this is getting ridiculous. I’ve spent a decent amount of time during WFH hours watching Hulu while working, because I figured I’m not accomplishing anything anyway. Hope next week I magically feel better and can get some stuff done before anyone notices!
  • @Pascal86 I feel you on that one.  This is our slowest time of the year and I have a new employee to train so I do that and I respond when needed.  However, compared to my usual self I feel like a slug.  I'm counting on when the cases start rolling in I'll get the steam power to do them.
  • @knockupthestock definitely not terrible. This will be the first of many times when you may need to put the needs (or wants, they count too) of your little family first. 
  • @bluguitarhannah yes, here’s hoping we just regain focus and energy soon! It’s definitely not a slow time for me though. 🤷‍♀️

Also, last night at the airport on the way back from a work trip, I bought Cheetos and peanut butter m&ms for a snack because I just completely gave up on being healthy or responsible. Definitely paid for that one with stinky farts + constipation combo, not even close to worth it. ☹️☹️ Back to salads for me. 
  • I just can’t stay awake today. So after the kids’ naptime, I debated letting the 3 year old watch the 2 year old and 1 year old. I mean, I came to my senses, but just the fact that I thought about makes me question my parenting 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19