Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 1/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/15

• Pre-tag since I am an early riser today:
    @linzrunz I am anxiously awaiting your WAYDTGKU for the day!

Month/Cycle: 1/1ish

CD: 40 days since Nexplanon removed 

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping, OPKs

R/R: Feeling much better today (thanks to the magic of modern medicine), thank you to everyone for asking!

CS/Q: Definitely back to baseline low temps after the positive OPKs, and my question at this point is if I should even keep checking OPKs. I don’t think I ovulated, but I’m out either way due to DH now being out of town. I mainly wanted to get a baseline to know how long LP is for upcoming months, but I think this is a wash now. Would you keep peeing on all the things? (I am planning to switch to FF next month, I’m not a fan of this Femometer app) *high positive OPKs on 1/9 and 1/10 with no peak, now back to totally negative 

• @fitzfizz - My first cycle after stopping birth control was over 60 days and I wasted an entire box of OPKs. This cycle is going to be so different than what your "normal" cycle will be be anyways. 

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 4

Timing: FET

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Taking this cycle to do additional testing

R/R: This question may be better suited to the IF board, but does anyone do acupuncture and/or reiki for stress relief/anxiety/infertility? I am looking into both because I need to get my mindset back in a better place - and I cannot find a therapist that accepts my insurance and is accepting new patients - so I figured I'd give alternative medicine a try! 

CS/Q: nope

• Loading the player...
  • @fitzfizz I have super long cycles so I usually end up using a lot of OPKs trying to catch my surge. I agree with what @feather_heather said though: the cycle after stopping BC is usually atypical so I don't see the harm in stopping OPKs this cycle.

@feather_heather no advice but hoping that it works well for you and your can find something your insurance covers.

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 31

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: today is my 30th birthday which I have mixed feelings about. I'm bummed that DH has his work holiday dinner tonight. His boss purposely scheduled after the holidays and he can't really get out of it. So I'm hanging by myself tonight. I think we're going to go out to dinner tomorrow to celebrate together though.

CS/Q: pretty sure I'm be heading over to TWW in the next day or two. Just waiting for my CHs
  • @kpearse99 oops, just missed you. I love your tattoo. And I loved Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! Enjoy your day at home! Sounds like a great day ahead!
  • @gingermama29 Happy birthday, friend! I hope it's a wonderful year for you filled with all of your wishes <3 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Sorry I posted and ran yesterday! Work got busy and I wasn’t able to come back. Thank you all for joining me in cursing AF and her cramps yesterday - no more cramps today so I am feeling much better! 

@fitzfizz I’m sorry this cycle is going so long for you! I would probably stop peeing on things at this point, just because $$. FX that AF shows up for you soon so you can start anew! 
    @feather_heather I’ve never done either but I believe that if it’ll put you in a better mind set then it is totally worth it! 
    @kpearse99 I LOVE Kimmy Schmidt! And I love the sentiment behind your tattoo. ❤️ Glad you’re having a good day today! 
    @gingermama29 Happy Birthday!!! I turned 30 back in June and it felt like kind of a weird one for me too. Lots of mixed feelings. I hope you and YH are able to celebrate tomorrow. Maybe treat yourself to something nice tonight too? You deserve it!  
  • @krystrist2014 so glad your cramps are gone!! And thank you :)
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: HIO, prenatals and now feeding MH vitamins every night too, OPKs, BBT

R/R: Monday and Tuesday were super foggy and humid here. Today is finally a nice clear day and the sun is definitely having a positive affect on my mood! 😊

• Month/Cycle: 3 days post nexaplon removal

WAYDTGKU: NTNP for now. Til we figure out how my cycles may go. 

R/R: Since when is it anyone elses business if you choose to have 1 child or 100 children. Like really people. It's my choice, your opinion is irrelevant. 

CS/Q: Just in other people's experiences, how soon after nexaplon removal did your cycles return to normal. I don't remember that detail the last time I had mine removed. 
  • @fitzfizz you could still use the OPKs but maybe do every other day to help catch a surge.

@feather_heather I wish I could do acupuncture, but my insurance doesn't cover it! A friend happened to show me last night that there's something called an acupuncture mat. And yes, it is almost like a bed of needles lol

@kpearse99 the idea of a tattoo keeps popping up in my head. I feel the need to commemorate this journey because it has really brought to light how much I've been struggling through many areas of my life and is finally the kick I need to help myself.

@gingermama29 my 30th birthday was the same last year with DH away. It was lonely but relaxing

@krystrist2014 ugh, I wish my cramps were gone! I think they are causing me some lower back pain this week too 😩

Month/Cycle: 31/hopefully the last one

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: FX for a FET cycle!

R/R: I am REALLY hoping my results come back today. Not doing great today. My lower back hurts and I feel a lot of tightness that's keeping me hunched over. On second thought, maybe that was because of the cat climbing my back over the last 2 days

CS/Q: well there's no point in temping nooow. And I never did an OPK this morning just to see what kind of line would come up.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited January 2020
    @inthewoods23 I love the idea of a tattoo to commemorate this whole journey. What do you think you would get? I really like have the constant reminder with me everyday. Keep us posted on if you get those results today!!

@AshleyGemini24 That is frustrating. It is no one else's business what you and your SO want to do or how many children you want to have. Just keep doin' you!

Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I've had a couple ideas. Something with the 1 in 8 couples deal with infertility, or maybe do the number of days we waited for a BFP or significant dates in the process. Or maybe just a nice quote. Idk 🤷‍♀️

Or, just in my head now, something with a tree with 5 branches to represent our 5 embryos?

It's so tough to settle on an idea when it's PERMANENT. 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 20/15/5 AL#2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, & progesterone after O.

R/R: Frustrated...I’ve volunteered to organize something and have done it for quite some time, then I get people’s opinions on how I should do it differently like all the time. Ummm, excuse me, if you think you can do it better...please by all means take the responsibility from me! I would be happy to give it up! On a positive note, it’s Wednesday which means we are so close to the 3-day weekend!! 

CS/Q: None.

@fitzfizz glad you are feeling better! I agree with everyone else...try to just go with the flow this cycle, and then pick up with OPK’s next cycle which should be more normal. 

@feather_heather I haven’t done either...but I know some people swear by acupuncture! I’d say give it a go if you think it could help!

@kpearse99 I love what your tattoo means and that it is a constant reminder for you! Thanks for sharing your smiles with us! ☺️ The start to your morning sounds perfect, I hope your day continues to go wonderfully! 

@gingermama29 Happy 30th Birthday, friend!! 🎉 I hope you have a good day, even though you have to delay celebrations with YH until tomorrow! Yay for getting to head on over to the TWW! Any updates on your basement wall?! 

@krystrist2014 glad to hear your cramps are better today! Yay for better weather, I hope to have a great day!! 

@AshleyGemini24 sorry people are sharing their opinions on something that really is none of their business! I was told I could get KU immediate after I got the Nexplanon  out...so I would think anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get your period. I have PCOS and didn’t get my period for 8 months though, so I’m not the norm. Hopefully someone else can share a more normal experience. 

@inthewoods23 I so hope you get your results today, and that it is great news!! Sorry to hear you aren’t having a great day...I hope your back starts to feeling better pronto! 

• @kpearse99 - I love your tattoo, the meaning behind it, and that it's an everyday reminder to smile and find joy

@gingermama29 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry you have to spend it by yourself... You deserve wine, a face mask, a fresh coat of nail polish, and a trashy tv show (or a sappy hallmark movie - aka something your husband wouldn't want to watch with you) tonight! 

@krystrist2014 - The sun and weather always helps my mood!

@inthewoods23 - I'm not sure if my insurance covers it, but she is going to check for me. If not, I already told DH I want to try it either way and I'll just pay OOP for it. Fingers crossed your results come back today!!!

@bluetickgal - Ugh that's super frustrating! Yay for an upcoming 3 day weekend!!
  • @inthewoods23 those are all beautiful thoughts! And you are wise not to rush something like this because it is so permanent! Even when you think you know what you want, you should wait a few more weeks to make sure it's what you really want! Something that has meaning though, won't ever be regretted! I have another tattoo on my foot (WORST PLACE EVER FOR A TATTOO... IT HURTS SO BAD!!) that is my favorite lyric from the musical Wicked. It says "Like a handprint on my heart" - it's for everyone that has come into my life and left an impression on me or that has helped shape me into who I am today. I have found that it has even more meaning now that I've experienced 2 losses. 

@bluetickgal ew!!! I dislike people sometimes, for reasons like this!! Would you consider letting someone else do it next time then? Then it will be one less thing on your plate that you need to worry about - unless you really enjoy doing it, of course! 
    Our TTC Journey

• @bluetickgal I hate people with pushy opinions! I am feeling better after finding that I did have a bottle of ibuprofen in my bag!

No call yet for my test results. But I had a near disaster in the bathroom changing my tampon and now I want to do a GTKY of period horror stories 😂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 I actually thought about asking for someone else to volunteer to take it over at the end of last year...but then found out it’ll only have to happen for another few months anyway. So I decided to stick it out...it’s usually not a big deal, I just get frustrated when people try to give their input and don’t realize what has already gone into it! I can power through though, just needed to vent for a minute! Thanks ladies for listening I commiserating with me! 
    @inthewoods23 glad the ibuprofen helped! Oh dear, I bet we’d get a lot of interesting stories with that GTKY!! Haha. 
  • @AshleyGemini24 I had the Mirena IUD, not the same obviously but similar prevention method, and surprisingly my cycle became regular right away. Based on FF estimates, IUD came out on CD10. I had started temping and using OPKs right after, I was able to detect ovulation and then AF arrived 10 days later.
    @inthewoods23 ugh, I‘m sorry you still have cramps and now lower back pain! Oh no, a tampon disaster 😱 I fully support a period horror stories GTKY!
    @bluetickgal yeah those people need to shut it or take charge! 

• @fitzfizz I hope you're not disappointed. Late start to my Bumping day but I'm finally here!  :#  Also, I would definitely recommend switching to FF and paying for the VIP.  I used it for at least a year and half when we were trying before and I loved it.

Month/Cycle: 1/1 (after 3 years during round 1)

CD: 6 I think?  How am I already losing track.

WAYDTGKU: just a little bam bam in the ham...at least theoretically see below

R/R: Guess who had a migraine last night.  I'll give you a hint.  It starts with H and ends in usband.   :|  So I STILL haven't had sex.  Last cycle I O'ed around CD 17 or 18, but I'm still regulating after birth control and we need to get this show on the road.  But mostly....sex is fun so... I'm still sex deprived and cranky.

@feather_heather I've known people who have done acu for stress/infertility but I don't have any personal experience.  If you're looking for lower stress, I highly recommend yoga/meditation.  I'm doing it to help manage my mental health issues.

@kpearse99 Love the tattoo and the meaning behind it.  That's a great reminder especially since I'm so cranky today.

@gingermama29 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I'm sorry that H isn't going to be around tonight so I say you use this time to treat yo self!  Hopefully he can make it up to you tomorrow.

@krystrist2014 Glad you're feeling better! :smile:

@AshleyGemini24 I hope your cycle returns to normal quickly.

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry your back is hurting.  I hope you're feeling better soon!  And that your results come back sooner rather than later.  Waiting is the worst part of it all sometimes.  Also, I'm down for a GTYK of period horror stories! lol

@bluetickgal ugh I hate when that happens.  I feel like if you're not at least helping, you don't get to have an opinion.  It's usually why I avoid volunteering for stuff.  That and I'm socially awkward and have anxiety.  haha

@ttcbabyodo I'm glad they were able to get you to stop bleeding and I'm sorry for your loss.  Yay for being able to start trying again!  I've always wanted to try those vitamins.  Keep us updated!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• edited January 2020
    Month/Cycle:  6/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU:  prenatals, OPK, pre-seed, the Slow Jams station on Pandora

R/R: Local forecast says 6-10 inches tonight into tomorrow, warnings of blowing snow drifts and low visibility during the morning commute hours tomorrow morning. This is both a rant and a rave because we need the snow.

CS/Q: no

@linzrunz :D  
    @gingermama29 Happy Birthday! 
    @feather_heather That stinks you can't find a therapist in your area taking your insurance! Maybe something will open up soon. In the meantime, acu seems like a good idea.  Also, maybe someone is running a Restorative Yoga class near you. That always helps me reset. 

Edit:  Tagging issue- I keep seeing extra letters at the end of people's usernames when I tag them.  I'm not typing that, it's there after I post.  Are other people seeing that too?  I'm not sure how to prevent it. 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited January 2020
    @gingermama29 I feel like a dummy for never actually saying happy birthday... So happy birthday! 🎉

@ttcbabyodo glad things are finally resolved and you can move forward!

@dancingtreepose I definitely read "Local forecast says 6-10 inches tonight into tomorrow" with a dirty mind haha. We're supposed to see 8" of snow or so on Friday. Probably gonna work from home if it makes sense.

ETA: never got the call on my results! Grr!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @fitzfizz   I agree with stopping the OPKs for this cycle.  It is possible that the OPKs on 1/9 and 1/10 might have been a LH surge, but I wouldn't expect this cycle to be a good example of how future cycles will look.

@feather_heather   I used to know a family medicine doctor who did acupuncture as part of her practice.  She was someone who decided to include alternative medicine into her otherwise traditional medical practice.  Her schedule was always filled because her patients swore that acupuncture worked for them.  She did acupuncture to treat pain, anxiety, nausea, and even to quit smoking.  I've had one acupuncture needle placed on myself to demonstrate how the needles are placed, but I've never had a full acupuncture session.  I think that it is worth trying.

@kpearse99  It sounds like you are having a good day!  I tried to have the same attitude today, but it got crushed early this morning.  I am now trying to revive the good attitude with at least the small goal of keeping it alive for the rest of this work week.  

@gingermama29 Happy Birthday!  I hope that you have an amazing day!

@krystrist2014   It is amazing how good weather can instantly improve a mood!

@AshleyGemini24   It seems like people will always judge no matter what you do.  It's your life, not theirs.  Ignore the negativity!    

@inthewoods23  I love your idea of GTKY period horror stories!  

@bluetickgal  It is easy to give an opinion, but it is a lot harder to actually do the work.  Those people should just keep their opinions to themselves unless they are making a real effort to help.

@ttcbabyodo   I'm glad to hear that your cycle is back and that you can start trying again!

@linzrunz   I also enjoy reading your WAYDTGKU!  

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs, BD EOD

R/R:  I had issues with insomnia earlier this week, and I was just super grateful that I finally slept well last night.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dancingtreepose We’re supposed to get snow tonight too. I know we need it but I’m so ready for summer!

@AB518 Insomia sucks. I get it sometimes too. I’m glad to hear you slept though! Yay for sleep!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @dancingtreepose I’m not the biggest fan of snow but DH and I were just saying how we would really enjoy some to happen here soon!

@linzrunz I’m dying!! 😂😂 geezh what does a woman need to do to get laid??!! Hopefully tonight works for you! 

@ab518 ugh I’m sorry your mood got crushed! I hope you get even more sleep tonight!
    Our TTC Journey

• Thanks for the birthday wishes! You're all so sweet. ❤️

@krystrist2014 glad you're having a better day. It's kind of crazy how much the weather can affect mood!

@AshleyGemini24 welcome! Sorry you're dealing with judgemental people. Your family size is defined no one else's business. I have when people butt into personal things like that.

@inthewoods23 sorry you're not feeling great today. I love your tattoo ideas. That's such a cool idea and has such great personal meaning behind it. Also I'm so on board with that GTKY 🤣🤣

@bluetickgal ugh that's so frustrating. I feel like if people done volunteer to help, they shouldn't be allowed to criticize. No basement wall updates. I don't think it's going to get fixed until after winter. I love in an area that gets a lot of snow. The only upside to that is that we have more time to build up equity for our HELOC and we at least have the house supported if the wall were to cave in.

@ttcbabyodo I'm glad the bleeding has finally stopped. Sorry for all you've been going through with your loss. Hugs.

@linzrunz ughhh sorry YH wasn't up for HIO again. So frustrating. Hope you can get it tonight!

@dancingtreepose I do see those extra letters. So strange that it's adding them. Also I'm jealous of your forecast. I love snow! And agreed with @inthewoods23 that I read 6-10 inches and giggled as I made it dirty.

@AB518 glad you got good sleep last night! Insomnia is the worst! 
  • @kpearse99 and @gingermama29 I swear the universe is against me. We stole a little time for an afternoon delight and my body decided to start spotting. I give up!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed