Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 1/13

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? 
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 1/13

• What number are you trying for? 3 
    Month/Cycle? 2/2
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I see my ObGyn tomorrow about my pain. I probably didn't have sex close enough to O to be pregnant so I'm 90% sure I'm not pregnant. Can't wait to get answers so I can start ATTC again. 
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag: I've gotten back on track with grad school and have been killing my assignments (only missing 1-2 points here and there). I see my ObGyn in 7 hours too so that's exciting! 
    GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? Small goal- STOP PROCRASTINATING... It's midterms and I really want to stop pushing things to the last minute and submitting assignments minutes before they're due. Big goal- Get signed up for and take my substance abuse specific courses. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @ashaislurking I've been thinking about you, girl!! Please keep us posted tomorrow after your appointment!

What number are you trying for? THB #2
    Month/Cycle? 16/14
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 7.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I am feeling excited for this cycle! I'm just happy to be trying something different (Clomid this time instead of Letrozole) although, I do have some hesitations about this drug and the effects on the lining but we will cross that bridge if/when we get to it. It just feels really good to be excited about TTC again, so I'm trying to soak up as much of that as I possibly can, because I know it doesn't last too long  :D
    Any questions? Nope!
    Rant/Rave/Brag: Soooo... my ex (DS's dad) and I have a pretty good relationship. We make every decision about DS together, we do stuff as the 3 of us, and celebrate DS's birthday together and he comes over to our house on xmas morning... so it wasn't your typical divorce where the parents fight over everything and the poor kid suffers. We really have a great co-parenting relationship and I am very grateful for it. That being said, he texted me last week with some news that he wanted my input on. He's been miserable in his current job (It has bad hours and he works weekends) and he's been looking for a new job for over a year with no luck. He recently got offered a job but it's in Florida... where his GF of a few years lives with her 3 kids.... It would give him weekends off, so he will still have DS every other weekend (meaning he will be coming back here for him) and DS would get to go to Florida more often to see the GF and the other kids and spend like 2-3 weeks there over the summer, which would be good. BUT it means that my ex won't see his son every single week (He currently has him Tuesday nights into Wednesdays). DS seems to be excited for his dad to move, as he knows he'll get to go to Florida more, but I worry about the emotional roller coaster that will eventually hit him every other weekend when his dad leaves him. I feel sad for DS because I feel like one day he's going to think his dad choose them over him, and I really don't want him to every feel like that. 
    GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? To keep up with working out on my lunch breaks and to keep drinking more water!
    A bigger goal you have for the next few months? To get KU  :D hahaha
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • @kpearse99 Thank you!! I just wanted to make sure before I jumped in to be considerate of everyone else here :) So glad to hear you are excited! And that is super hard regarding your son & his dad. My worry would be that eventually it would be too difficult for him to come up every other weekend (not sure how far you are) and that it would become less frequent. I hope you guys can come up with a plan that works best for everyone! I think as long as his father continues to make him a priority that he won't feel he chose them over him, but I don't know them so you know better than I do of course. I really hope it works out in the best way possible for everyone involved!

@ashaislurking Glad you have an appointment tomorrow and I hope you can finally get some real answers! The not knowing is always the worst. That is awesome that you are killing it at school, I am in school to so I understand! I procrastinate too way too often, it is terrible. I think I've been doing better for the most part but it is definitely something I have to work on constantly! You said you need to sign up for your substance abuse specific courses, are you going into substance abuse counseling/therapy or something similar?

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 year old twins

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is my first cycle trying/of BCP, so just tracking and getting to know how my cycle is!

Any questions? Not right now :)

Rant/Rave/Brag: *TW* mental health stuff. Rant: One of my step-daughters has some pretty severe mental health issues. She has been in long term behavioral inpatient treatment since July of 2019 and just got out last weekend. She has already thrown multiple tantrums and it seems like nothing has changed. It is so frustrating and heartbreaking to watch. I feel so lost on what to do at this point. I want to just fix it, but I know I can't. One of the most frustrating things is that they got her stabilized on a new medication while she was in treatment, but her grandmother who has primary custody, refuses to keep her on the medication now that she is home, and there is really nothing we can do unless we take her to court. The meds seemed to really be helping and I feel so angry at her grandmother for taking her off of them. I feel so helpless.
    Rave: On the other hand, my other step-daughter is doing really well and I am so proud of her. Despite the craziness of what is going on with her sister, she has managed to continue doing well in school and participating in sports. She is 14, so of course she's at that age where she is b*tchy a lot of the time, lol, but she really is a good kid.

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? For this week, just continuing to try to be/eat more healthy and spend more time with DH and doing puzzles/crocheting instead of binge watching TV. For the next few months, we are trying to buy our first home, so that is our major focus, along with getting KU of course! :)
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am just sooooo excited to start again. I am in a really good headspace and the good thing about my last cycle being so long is that I wont have pressure of wanting the bfp for my 31st Birthday (02/04) 

Any questions? Is temping really so finicky? I have a 6:30 alarm set to temp since thats about the time DH wakes me up before he leaves for work. My bedroom is really inconsistent with temps because we have a temperpedic bed, a mostly bedsharing 4 year old, and 3-60lb dogs (sometimes 1,2, or all 3) on the bed with us. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS moved up to the 4 year olds in daycare so his naps have gone to shit and he is so tired at the end of the day he just whines about everything. 

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? This week I just want to survive and treat myself at Ulta on Friday. For the next few months, I really need to do a big spring clean of my house and I want to paint the dining room. 
  • @legendairymomma So glad your cycle finally restarted! Your comment about the dogs made me smile! We have four, 3 of which are about 15 pounds and one who is about 80. They take up pretty much the entire bed and always push DH off the side :D We love them though, so much!
  • @bserena HOLY SHIT @ the 14 year old twin girls thing. 
    As for the medication thing... I think its worth it to take grandma to court. Your daughter was stabilized on a medication and I thinks it's selfish and srupid for grandma to not give it to her. It would be no different than not fining grandma her high blood pressure medication. The stigma around mental health meds pisses me off. I had ppa after my son was born and I missed out on sooooo much good because I went 18 months without meds. Once I got on them everything was sooo much better and to deny anyone that feeling of stability for your own bias is bullshit. 
  • I'll come in with tags here in a bit once I get my phone on a charger but I wanted to update you ladies: I'm scheduled for a diagnostic laparoscopy on 1/24 to look for abnormal endometrial tissue growth or abnormal scarring that might be causing my pain. They pretty much expect to find endometriosis. All of my symptoms and Gyn history are consistent with it. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @legendairymomma Yes, 14 year old twin girls! They are a lot at this age :D lol. We are definitely contemplating taking her to court, it just will be such an ordeal and we worry that it will cause more issues between us and her. She is one of those people that gets super defensive and is very self-righteous. For example, we were on the phone with her talking about DD. She had found some stuff on DD's phone (for the millionth time) and we said it was time for tough love and to take her phone, she doesn't deserve to have one if she is using it inappropriately. Grandma then yelled "F*** YOU" at us and hung up and wouldn't allow us to come get the girls. It was ridiculous. We don't want her to keep the girls from us because of it. We have wanted to get custody for awhile but the girls would rather stay with her primarily because they know they can get away with murder. 

@ashaislurking I hope getting answers will allow them to come up with a treatment plan that helps, and that you will be able to get back to TTGP and not be in so much pain! 
  • @kpearse99 I'm so glad you're feeling refreshed and excited again this cycle! As far as the divorce/custody thing the only thing I can really offer there is my personal experience from it. My parents got divorced when I was 11 so I was a bit older, and we had an every other weekend and a few full weeks in the summer with our dad. My dad moved a few times for his job but we still mostly kept with our schedule of seeing him and we also got to travel with him on some business trips (which was actually really fun). That being said, I never held resentment over my dad for moving for his new SO or his job, and transitions were made easier by talking on the phone more often (and now there's always video chatting as an option too). Just a couple thoughts from the perspective of someone who has been there.
    @bserena I'm happy to see you join our little group here! Step-children are still your children. I'm sorry YSD has been having mental health problems and that her grandmother isn't keeping her on her medication. As someone training to work in the field of mental health, I would absolutely advise that you take her to court. Her quality of life is suffering off of the medication if the medication is helping her mental health. To answer your question about my schooling, I'm getting my master's degree in clinical mental health counseling with a focus on trauma and crisis survivors and LGBT+ clients. I'm getting my substance abuse counseling license as well because many of my clients in those populations will be dual diagnosis. I used to work with child and adolescent clients, many of whom were on the autism spectrum. I absolutely love the field of mental health!
    @legendairymomma For temping, you may find that vaginal temping would work better for you given the external temperature factors, but the only real way to know is through trial and error. Best advice I can give you is to start temping one way for a full cycle and if it's not working out well and you don't get your BFP (which I hope you do) try temping another way. I hope you enjoy your Ulta treat! I just treated myself to a new corset that I'm so excited about!

TTC History- *TW* LC

• @bserena I honestly do think his dad will be back every other weekend for him, for the most part anyway. He is a great dad and certainly won't let anything stop him from seeing his son, so I am grateful for that and that thought hasn't even crossed my mind. But I still feel sad for DS.  My goodness you have your hands full with the twins!! I agree that you should certainly look into taking the grandmother to court. Would you and DH want custody? The treatment facility would back you up in the court on what's best for her, which seems to be the medication. Or at least, maybe they can help get the court to just order the medication as a must. Can you guys get the meds filled for her and she just take it on her own? How would the the grandmother know if she kept the meds in her room? Does SHE want to be on the meds?

@legendairymomma So glad you're back in it!!! And that you're feeling pumped! As far as temping goes, I tried it for like a month or two but my temps are all over the place due to waking up a lot, being super hot and then super cold, insomnia...etc.... it just seemed pointless, in my opinion, as I wasn't get accurate readings. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @ashaislurking That is awesome that you are going into that field. DH and I are actually both in recovery so his passion is working with those struggling with similar issues. DH has his masters in social work and works for a substance abuse/mental health treatment center. Thank you for your advice, we definitely are leaning towards doing so.

@kpearse99 We do want custody, but the girls are old enough that they have a say in the matter and they don't want to leave their school/home that they've been in their whole lives. Plus, grandma lets them do whatever they want, doesn't require chores, lets them run the house basically, but we don't allow them to act that way with us. Our house isn't as "fun" because of that, but really they need rules and consequences in their lives. It is a difficult situation and we've been struggling with it for awhile. The reasoning behind grandma not wanting to give her the meds is because back in June DD took a whole bottle of tylenol (suicide attempt) and spent a week in the hospital, and it caused some liver damage. As a result, if she continues on the medication she has to go to the doctor every month or every other month to have blood drawn to ensure her liver is still doing okay. Grandma doesn't want to have to take her and so she won't let her continue the meds. We have tried offering to take her to the appointments, but she is just not open to that for some strange reason. Once she has made up her mind she won't listen to anything we have to say.

I'm definitely going to talk to DH about taking her to court, we have a good friend who is a lawyer so we can set up a time to meet with him and see what he thinks. Thank you guys for your suggestions, I think you all are right and we really should pursue it further. It isn't fair to DD to be taken off of something that was helping her.
  • @bserena man that is a really hard place to be in. I'll send you extra hugs and strength <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @bserena Sending you lots of love! I know that whatever you decide to do it'll be with her best interests in mind. It's obvious that you want her to have the best life possible.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

Month/Cycle? 1/1 (after 3 years during round 1)

WTO/TWW? WTO CD 5

Ages of other child(ren)? almost 11 and 8

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just ready to start having the sex.  H wants to NTNP this cycle (which means no tracking on my part) because of how obsessed I got last time around.  But I may end up doing OPKs on the sly...maybe...

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm almost done with ball #2 of yarn on my next blanket.  The first one I made for my youngest and this one I'm making for my oldest.  

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? I'm really trying to focus on getting a consistent yoga practice going every day.  Just about to do day 13 in a row!!  The next few months I want to focus on my flexibility and keep going with yoga.  I don't have a "yoga body", so I'd really like to break the stereotype that you have to be thin and tall to be good at yoga.  I'm short and a little curvy.  I'm jealous of those long legs that most yogis have, but I'm trying to accept myself for what I have and learnt to love my short, chubby legs.

@kpearse99 That's great that you and your ex have such a great co-parenting relationship.  I wish more couples could be like that.  It sounds like you guys will make the best decision for your son.  Hopefully it all works out for the best!

@bserena Love that you want to be included in this thread on behalf of your step daughters.  I'm sorry that the one has so many mental health issues.  Medication management is such a big step in recovery and it sucks that the grandma won't keep her on them.  I also agree with @legendairymomma Court may be a good idea.

@legendairymomma Ulta is such a good idea for a treat yo self!  I love that store so much.  Doe they not have DS nap now that he's moved up to the 4 year olds in daycare or has it just been a change that he needs to get used to?  Hopefully it all evens out soon!

@ashaislurking I'm so sorry you're dealing with a potential endometriosis diagnosis.  I had three surgeries (most recently last January) and was finally diagnosed with endo.  It was a long, emotional road and I'm here if you have any questions!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's my first cycle after getting my IUD removed so I am trying to be patient but I am on CD 34/17dpo, all BFN and no signs of AF. I'm having a hard time not comparing this time to the first time because the first time was very textbook for me.

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been waking up at 5 am consistently for about 2 weeks now. I am so over it. We are starting to ignore him until 6 am and set his hatch up to be an ok to wake clock turning green at 6 am. Hoping something clicks soon. He has always been an early riser but usually 6 or 6:15. 5 am is for the birds!

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? Small goal is to follow my cleaning routine every day this week to prep for our appraisal on Friday as we are refinancing our mortgage. Exciting stuff. Long term to to save the money from our refinancing so we can eventually move and to get KU of course. 

@ashaislurking I'm glad you have a plan for your pelvic pain and are moving in the right direction! I hope you get some more answers next week.

@kpearse99 It's great you have such a good relationship with your ex. It sounds like he is really invested in his relationship with your son based on his communication with you and your consideration in this decision. I don't think he would ever want him to feel like he chose his GF and her kids over him. 

@bserena My parents divorced when I was 13 and we went through custody struggles when I was 16. I was "old enough" to have a say in how I wanted my time split so we worked with a guardian ad litem to basically be my advocate not just on what I wanted but what was best for me. I'm sure they would see that the girls need structure and discipline at this age not just what they want. You mentioned that you and YH have struggled in the past with addiction but it sounds like you are in a better place now so I feel like a court would want to encourage the girls to be with their biological father over a grandmother. 

@legendairymomma Congrats on a new cycle! Are you looking for anything in particular as a treat from Ulta? I am a make up/hair junkie. I am currently reading all the reviews to try to find a new heat protectant/thickening spray for my thin fly away static-y winter hair!

@linzrunz we were NTNP last cycle but I have no chill so I was checking CM and position. I just ordered OPK's so I just want this cycle to end so I can stop wasting HPT's on BFNs but fulfill my need to POAS
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @ashaislurking I’m so sorry about the potential endometriosis diagnosis. I hope you get answers at your appointment and a solid plan for treatment! 

@kpearse99 what a tough situation with your ex! It sounds like he is a committed dad who will ensure he spends time with his son. It’s awesome that you and he have such a mature relationship and that you both prioritize your son and his feelings! 

@bserena oh goodness. How frustrating to have to watch as your SD’s grandmother makes decisions that are clearly not in her best interest. I’m glad you are leaning towards taking her to court, I know that’s much easier said than done. 

@legendairymomma what is going on with his naps? Is he just not comfortable there yet and needs time to adjust? Or do they not nap as long? I know where I work, the 4s classes lay down for about 1.5 hours (in the 3s we lay down for 2) because they are trying to start phasing that nap out for children who are about to go to kindergarten and also because they try to fit in more activities (again, to get ready for K) but that can be tough on kiddos who are moved up early and aren’t going to K in the fall. 

@linzrunz tell that man to give you some sex, dammit! 

@krash_  5 am?! Hell to the no! I want to get one of those clock things for my kids rooms too, so they will stay in their rooms on the weekend until a little bit later. It’s so interesting to me how I can’t get them up for school during the week but on the weekend they want to get up at the ass crack of dawn. 🤔

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD 6

Ages of other child(ren)? 7.5 and 4 (but she’ll be 5 in two weeks 😭 I’m not ready!!)

Any thoughts about this cycle? Too many thoughts!! Mostly that I wish it would make sense and go back to normal after mirena. I really think I need to get some OPKs so I can try to track ovulation but MH really wants us to stay on the NTNP side of the spectrum and I can tend to get obsessive! But my last cycle was so frustrating because I had no idea what to expect. I guess I can track ovulation without telling him the results and HE  can still be NTNP, right? 😉

Any questions? What should I get to track ovulation? When are you supposed to start testing for it? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I work at a church-based preschool, and there is an event every Tuesday where lots of the church members gather in the fellowship hall and have lunch...the fellowship hall is right next to my classroom and they are SO LOUD while my kiddos are trying to nap. Also, they called my director today and asked that we all move our cars because they didn’t have enough spots to park in right in front of the church...why should we have to move our cars and walk farther when we work here every day? Ugh. I know it’s probably a petty rant but they get on my nerves, they treat the CDC like dirt. 

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? Small goal: keep going to the gym and pushing myself every day. Bigger goal: keep up with the housework all week instead of letting it pile up and then rage-cleaning all weekend. 
  • Hi ladies. Everything has been so crazy lately that I've fallen out of doing this thread. Jumping back in this week and loving that it's so active already!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 7/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 23 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? NTNP

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm going out of town this weekend for a girl's weekend with my sister and my best friend! DH is wonderful and agreed to solo parenting for this whole weekend. I'm a little apprehensive being away especially because she's been waking up at night recently, and when DH comes in to snuggle she screams and cries until I go in. Hopefully she'll just sleep through the night this weekend.

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? 
    My small goal this week is to start tracking my food again and get back into my better eating habits.
    My bigger goal is to keep tracking food and start exercising again. I've gained back almost all of the weight I lost 3 years ago before I got pregnant and think weight loss might help with TTC again. I definitely think it is affecting my cycles and is definitely affecting my mental health and poor body image.

I'll be back for tags later! Students are on their way for a rehearsal. 
  • @linzrunz I know you're ready to jump in hardcore, but try to go without tracking as much as you can! It really does make the whole "process" more relaxed, but at the same time - I totally understand wanting to take control of as much as you possibly can!!

@gingermama29 Friend, you deserve this girl's weekend!!! I hope that you live it up and enjoy every moment of it. <3 Everything will be just fine at home!

@kitkatz1990 even if you were to start tracking right now, it's still on the early side for your body to get back into it's own normal cycle after mirena. The first few months can be so very different from each other. Whatever you decide to do will be the right decision, though, because you're the one making it for yourself!

@krash_ my DS has always been an early riser too. He's 7.5 and still wakes up at 6:30 ON. THE. DOT. There was a time where he was trying to get up earlier than that and I just kept sending him back into his room until the clock turned 6:30. We also had one of the "okay to rise" clocks for him, which worked pretty well for a while. Keep doing what you're doing, he will catch on!
    Our TTC Journey

• @ashaislurking I hope you get good news at your OBGYN tomorrow. FX for you!! And the grad school procrastination struggle is real! Good luck!

@kpearse99 I'm glad you and your ex have a good co-parenting relationship. That's so hard though. Coming up every other weekend seems like it'll get expensive. How realistic is it that he'd do that long term? That would be my biggest worry. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be.

@bserena welcome! I'm glad you're joining us here. That's so hard about your step-daughter and frustrating that her grandmother won't keep her on the meds. Sorry you're all going through those struggles.

@legendairymomma sorry about the rough transition for YS. Hopefully he adjusts soon and things go back to normal for him and you.

@linzrunz oooh do you crochet or knit? Blankets are such a satisfying project to make any I enjoy that as you make progress and they get bigger, you get nice and warm from it.

@krash ooof sorry for the early wake ups. We put books in DD's crib and that makes all the difference for us. When she wakes up, she entertains herself most mornings by reading her books. Maybe that might help?

@kitkatz1990 ugh that sounds so frustrating with the nap disruptions. Is there anything you can do or say to address it?  
  • @gingermama29 We live in PA so it will be a 2.5 hour plane ride for him every other weekend, which he has pretty much been doing anyway for the last 3 years to go see his GF on the weekends he didn't have DS. He's hoping this new job won't be forever though, as he'll still be looking for a job that has even better hours or would allow him to work remotely. Ideally, he would like to work remotely so that he can go back and forth more easily. He's planning on keeping his condo here still.
    Our TTC Journey

• @krash_ I buy my shampoo during the jumbo events and I need some skincare. I want something with vitamin c but I refuse to pay a bunch so I will probably get something from The Ordinary
    @kitkatz1990 its a totally new classroom so he is just not comfortable yet. Its only been a week and he did it when he transitioned to the 3 year olds last year so its nothing I didn't expect. Also, screw early rising. My kid gets up at 8ish but we also don't go to bed until after 9. 
  • @gingermama29 I can do both but just learned to crochet a few months ago. I prefer crochet! Doubt I’ll ever knit again. Haha

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @ashaislurking I hope everything goes well at your appointment tomorrow!
    @bserena Welcome! The situation with your SD and her grandma sounds frustrating and stressful, but it seems like taking grandma to court is the only way to keep your SD in a stable, healthy place.
    @linzrunz @kitkatz1990 I can relate to the getting obsessive! DH doesn't want to know too much because of the pressure, so I just tell him 'get ready, next week, we're HIO EOD!'
    @gingermama29 Have fun on your upcoming girl's weekend!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 14, 4 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is our final cycle using Clomid, so I'm just trying to stay positive, because I'm not sure what the next course of action will be.

Any questions? n/a

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm training my coworker to take over my job and it's been going surprisingly well. I always dread the idea of having to train my replacement, because it seems like so much when you're in the middle of everything. 3 weeks to go!

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? I ordered some dresses for our upcoming trip to Vegas and - it's probably because of AF bloat - but they're fitting snugger than I like. So my small goal is trying to be more mindful with my eating. I refuse to diet, but I've cut back on alcohol since the holidays and I think that's going to help more than anything. My big goal is also getting KU! It's way more fun for clothes to not fit when you have a cute baby bump.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @ashaislurking glad you have a plan to get some answers!

@kpearse99 that’s such a tough situation with YS’s dad. I’m sure you guys will work it out but it would just be easier if everyone was in the same place!

@bserena oh bless you with 14 year old twin stepdaughters! I agree with others that court makes sense. It totally sucks but it seems like right answer from my limited outsider’s perspective 

@legendairymomma my temps while I was TTC DD were so steady and I could see a clear shift. This time around they were total crap. I’m planning to start again if/when I’m off the bench and hoping for better results this time around. Are you temping orally or vaginally? Vaginally is supposed to fluctuate less. 

@ Ilinzrunz @kitkatz1990 I have found that I go more crazy not knowing where I am in my cycle/when to expect AF. I think dipping a few OPKs when you start seeing CM won’t hurt anyone 🙂

@krash_ I hope YS new wake up time is just a phase and that it ends soon! We are in a little sleep issue too and it is the worst. I value sleep SO much 

@gingermama29 glad to see you back in this thread! Have a blast at your girls weekend! YD will be fine, if she does wake up, she will figure out that you aren’t coming and will have to settle for dad 😂 

@mamasloth I’m glad training your replacement is going well! That sounds awful haha.

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 15, but 2nd benched 

WTO/TWW? TWW but benched for surgery cycle

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Excited to get results and answers 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: They told me at my hysteroscopy that I would have watery discharge for several days and they weren’t kidding! I usually have a pretty good idea of O even when not tracking based on CM, but that watery discharge was a lot like watery CM so now I have no idea when I ovulated/when to expect AF. If I find out at my appointment Friday that I’m off the bench I’m going to be very ready for AF to come! Trying not to get my hopes up on that before the biopsy comes back. It seems like they do think I have endometrial hyperplasia but there’s a wide range of severity and since I’m still relatively young (versus menopausal) they think it’s a non-scary kind.

GTKY: Small goal - removing more things from my to do list than I add. Bigger goal - making it through tax season while keeping our lives somewhat organized! I only work 50 hours a week which is less compared to a lot of firms (And even less than others in my firm, negotiated a step back when I had DD) but I pack a lot of work into those 50. It gets crazy!

• @bows22 I hope everything goes well at your appointment! I used to work at a CPA firm (in the marketing department, we stayed away from tax accountants during busy season) and I remember how crazy things were before the 15th. I think somewhat organized is a good goal!

DS born 9/16
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @mamasloth will you have a regrouping meeting with your RE if this clomid cycle isn't it? You could ask about switching to letrozole and to give that a try for a few cycles. I was on that for 4 cycles and my RE just switched me to Clomid to try something different.  Are you doing IUI's or just TI with the Clomid? (Sorry, I can't remember!)

@bows22 your time being benched is almost over, I can feel it!!
    Our TTC Journey

• edited January 2020

Month/Cycle? 3 days since nexaplon removal 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 and 1 bio kids 3 step  children ages 9, 7, and 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just kinda waiting to see what happens. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: drives me insane how because my fiance has 5 children already (2 of which are mine) everyone thinks it's ok to tell me we don't need anymore kids. So for the most part our TTC journey is secret. 

GTKY: Small goal- getting  rid of alot of the "junk" in my apartment, a spring cleaning if you will. Large goal- replacing my washing machine and worn out furniture 
  • @legendairymomma I use the Tarte Youth or Dare C serum but it doesn't look like it's at Ulta  :( I love it though. It makes my skin so even and plump!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @kpearse99 Yeah, I’ll probably make an appointment after this cycle. I’m looking forward to a cycle off clomid, but she did mention letrozole to see if the symptoms are different. The symptoms aren’t bad, but I feel like it affects my mood (“clomid crazies”) Not doing IUIs, just clomid for now.

DS born 9/16
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20

Month/Cycle? 
    4/16-17?

WTO/TWW? 
    Still learning the terms I think I am WTO since I just started my period... again...

Ages of other child(ren)? 
    L is 3.5 and I is 1.5 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 
    Feeling really disappointed after I felt the dr gave me extra hope for this cycle. That is my own fault though. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 
    I’m freaking over having bad periods every 2 weeks. I mean why can’t they be lighter and shorter if I’m going to have them so often ugh! 

I’m working on focusing on working out and eating well. Bigger goal is to lose 40-50 more lbs I’m down 20 but I was down more than that before the holidays. 
  • @mamasloth I’m in audit, so it isn’t quite as crazy as tax (we are slightly crazy for a longer period of time, tax is shorter but crazier so it kind of evens out but I prefer our way). Our marketing people kind of have a hard time because we are all so focused on our current clients versus trying to get new, I hope it was easier for you!
  • @bows22 yes, that’s exactly how it was! Plus, who actually enjoys “business development”? I was more interested in designing pretty flyers :) But I’m glad to see it’s the same at other firms, too!

DS born 9/16
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Hello ladies! New here and just started trying.

What number are you trying for? 2 - I'm a 2 and through gal!

Month/Cycle? 1/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 mo boy

Any thoughts about this cycle? My husband's grandma passed this month so he was gone for her funeral during ovulation. Seems unlikely we'll get pregnant this month but we did have pretty good timing before he left I think.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm terrified and excited at the thought of adding another and I'm trying not to be too impatient because I'm a crazy planner and sometimes I get stressed because of it.

GTKY: What is one small goal you have for this week? A bigger goal you have for the next few months? My goal this week is to go on a few dates with H since my mom is staying with us for 2 weeks and get some quality time with her and my son as well.

Bigger goal is to GET ACTIVE! I find so many excuses. I was so active last pregnancy and I feel like I'm not going to be as healthy for this one even though I lost all the weight, mostly because my muscle mass is pretty much gone 😣
  • @bows22 my temps are also less predictable this time around. With DS we got pregnant pretty quickly but I had done a few months of charting before we were officially trying. Good luck with your work, sounds like you're handling it really well.

@mamasloth I hear you on the eating healthy without dieting. I'm really trying my best to avoid indulgence! It's hard after a pregnancy and breastfeeding but it's been a while since I weaned so no excuses! And my skin could definitely use more clean eating.

@kpearse99 that's a tough situation with your ex' job but I'm happy to see how well you are co-parenting, it is rare to see that!

Apologies in advance for not being able to respond to some convos here yet but I've just jumped back into the Bump after my group moved to FB so I'm not used to the format anymore! Once a new week starts I'm sure I'll be able to follow more of what's happening with everyone and be more active.

I hope everyone's having a lovely weekend!