Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/6/20

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year?

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/6/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 7 July, just shy of 14 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: tuna can (thanks bump app lol)

Upcoming appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling? Finally a little better so yay!

Raves/Rants: being a duel military family makes my anxiety rise because of obvious recent events. We’ve done the deployment thing before, but never with kids, which is terrifying to me

Questions: those who did PIO, how long was your poor battered behind sore for...I’m STILL sore 😅

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? Almost family, which maybe because I was doing IVF? I really like it!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/5; 14w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: credit card yesterday

Upcoming appointments: 1/21 for a regular OBappt

How are you feeling? I was feeling bad in the evenings over the weekend, but much better overall

Raves/Rants: see randoms lol

Questions: none!

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? We never go to the movies but went recently and saw Dark Waters. I really liked it!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 15 +, 7/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Pear

Upcoming appointments: 1/13 2nd Ob appt

How are you feeling? Headaches are my main complaint, been daily for two weeks, some weird uterine twinges today not sure if round ligament pain or something else. I was down Friday with a headache so bad I couldn't read much.

Raves/Rants: I'm back at work.  ;(  Very grateful to have a job where I was off for 14 days but it's tough to come back.
    Have scored $1 or less perfect condition outfits like crazy at Kid to Kid.  Feeling pretty good on clothes. 
    Questions: 
    Did anyone have a true travel bassinet you bought (not sure if I'm using the right word). I'm looking at reasonable options to take to our BFF's and my Mom.  One of those places we go in a car and the other is usually by plane.
    GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year?
    Dark Waters for movie though it was distressing

• EDD/weeks+days: July 7/13w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Tuna can!

Upcoming appointments: none currently, just need to book a regular OB check in I guess

How are you feeling? Overall really good. I’m definitely starting to feel some pressure/heaviness in my uterus, and more tired then usual, but I’m pretty sure that’s from my toddler. Also I’m pretty sure the second tri sex drive has shown up. Sex during pregnancy is one of my favourite things!

Raves/Rants: none really. I’m oddly excited to get back to work after 2 weeks of vacation, my body is craving routine right now. Luckily DS was pretty easy to get out the door this morning. Oh and also, thanks to the bump, I really want a tuna sandwich.

Questions: nope

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? We don’t watch a ton of movies or tv outside of Netflix, but we recently subscribed to a year of Apple TV and recently watched The Morning Show, which was really good, but heavy. I think we’ll gear up to watch Chernobyl next.
  • @bluguitarhannah we used a RNP when she was small enough (those aren't safe anymore though) and a PNP when she was too big for one. We're likely going to get this instead of using our old RNP... since this is safe but it appears to be just as portable. PNP is going to be your best option for once she's too big for that.

We also have this mini crib that I tend to like better for car travel. It takes up about as much room as a PNP but just in a different way since this lays flat but the PNP doesn't. It just worked better for us. That said, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have more use for it than just a trip or two a year. In that case, just use the PNP. We wouldn't have it if we didn't use it to keep at my parent's lake house. We go there pretty often during the summer so having SOMETHING there to make it easier was best for us.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 14+1/ July 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: baseball

Upcoming appointments: Jan 27- the 16-18 week scan. Hoping to get some cool images since they’re sending us to a different clinic with fancy tech for it. Then a normal US appointment on Jan 28

How are you feeling? Still nauseas in the mornings. And the super smell is still a thing. When will it go awaaaaaay I just want to feel normal when I wake up 

Raves/Rants: rave we just got back from a week visiting family, and relieved I have some more time off before going back to work. Planning to start researching daycare and doulas, since those are the 2 things we’ve heard get booked fast in my area 

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? TV- Fleabag. Movies- parasite 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 14w3d // 7/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Tall as a crayon 

Upcoming appointments: OB next week

How are you feeling? STILL nauseated & vomiting daily, more good days where I can leave the house. Got a cold this week, yikes! No fun

Raves/Rants: going back to work this week after 7 weeks off due to hyperemesis 

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? Chernobyl
    looking forward to seeing 1917!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 14w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: brilliant beet

Upcoming appointments: next week have an ultrasound to check my cervix and to see the dr. 

How are you feeling? my hips and back already hurt, made an appt with the chiropractor that will hopefully help. otherwise, just anxious as I approach my loss date with our DS.

Raves/Rants: Nothing

Questions: nothing 

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? I had to google Golden Globes to even remind me waht shows/movies I've watched this year haha. I really liked 'Dead to me' and 'The morning show'

@footdrbritt are you and your so in the service? My BIL is a seabee and is supposed to be deployed anytime. Of course my sister just found out shes KU. We're trying to talk her into moving home (they are stationed 12 hours away and it's her first). where are you guys stationed? I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. 
  • @LaurenAsh23 yes, both of us. Obviously pregnancy means I can’t deploy until 2021, but DH is absolutely deployable and he’s the kind of guy who wants to make sure the young kids make it home. He already has his gear ready (and by that I mean he took my nice gear 🙄🙄). I’m in GA, he’s technically in NC for the Army but works in GA. 
    Yeah I would absolutely encourage her to come closer, it’s hard, and I can’t even imagine doing it pregnant or with kids now. The last times we did this I was in school so I was busy.   
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 2/14w+5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Troll doll

Upcoming appointments: OB next week

How are you feeling? Feeling like myself pretty much. Still having hip pain at night but using a pillow in between my legs is helping a lot.

Raves/Rants: I think I'm starting to get the tiniest baby bump...it's such a trip thinking about the fact there is a tiny human being growing inside of me.

Questions: not right now

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? I don't watch a lot of movies...I saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, that was good. I like The Crown, Jack Ryan, Barry, Big Little Lies, The Man in the White Castle...lots of TV binging going on. :lol:
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/6, 14W+1D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Playing Card

Upcoming appointments: Jan 16

How are you feeling? Now I have morning sickness. Made it through the entire first trimester w/o throwing up and have the past four day in a row 

Raves/Rants: Rave! We have the best support system. Everyone wants to keep giving us baby equipment for free/seriously cheap

Questions: none

GTKY: In honor of last night's Golden Globes, what is your favorite movie/TV show from the past year? We basically just watch the Office still 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 7, 15 weeks today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We're going to find out and I'm getting so excited for our scan in a month.

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Navel orange/magic 8 ball

Upcoming appointments: Middle of February for our next scan!  <3

How are you feeling? My nausea is getting worse. I'm experiencing actual morning sickness now. Up until the last couple of weeks, I'd start to feel a little funky around 4pm but it never got really bad. Now every morning when I wake up I'm dry heaving all over the place, the sound of someone coughing makes me dry-heave, I bend over and I dry-heave, it's just bloody awful. Especially disheartening when everything tells you that you're supposed to start feeling great right about now  :/

Raves/Rants: I love my midwife. She's the walking form of chicken noodle soup and a warm blanket. I just adore her, and I'm so glad we decided to use one. I'm truly starting to get excited for birth rather than fearful like I was before knowing she'll be there to provide support.

Questions: Whyyyyyyy do some of us start feeling worse now instead of better? Compared to this I felt amazing in the first trimester. Now I just feel like a sickly zombie. I'm so confused.

GTKY: We hiked all of Hadrian's Wall for our honeymoon, and I would give anything today to be back at the Twice Brewed Inn around the cozy fire with a nice big steak and ale pie. You know how some places just stay in your heart because they mark a beautiful time in your life with such nice memories? I feel homesickness for that place.
  • @lizzybean84 have your eating habits changed at all? Wondering if maybe you were actively trying to manage MS because you were expecting it, but now, not as much b/c it should have gotten better?

Not sure why, but just try to keep something small on your stomach as much as you can.
  • @blaf322 Nothing has really changed unfortunately, I'm eating the same, and have even gone off my prenatal with iron and started one without iron a few days ago to see if it would help and still, blah. I wish I knew what it could be. Although, my husband has been super sick the past couple weeks with bronchitis turned pneumonia and I wonder if the stress of that and having to do everything at home rather than splitting is contributing. I tire myself out pretty easily these days, and sleep definitely hasn't been as good with all of his coughing (which, of course, makes me gag as well). Maybe it's psychological? 
  • @lizzybean84 are you taking your prenatal in the AM? If so, I'd switch to PM. No clue otherwise, though.