Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 1/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Tuesday 1/14

• Month/Cycle: 31/eh too many

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: au naturale HIO baby, PNV, vitamin D

R/R: hurray for AF 😅. She started showing her face around 7:30 last night so now I get to call the clinic and let them know. Letting my body reset this cycle then we move onto the FET. Hoping this isn't another 40+ day cycle like the last one after the failed FET. 🤞FX it stays in my normal range in the low 30s

CS/Q: just temping for tracking purposes, will use OPKs later

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 FX for a more normal length cycle for you. Glad your long one is over though and you can move on to the FET!

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 30

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: So crazy story from yesterday. I witnessed the beginning of a high speed chase. And by witnessed the beginning, I mean the car that was fleeing the cops nearly rear ended me while I was stopped for a train. I saw him flying up behind me and braced for impact before he swerved into the other lane and sped ahead with 3 cop cars in pursuit. Had he been less than a minute earlier, he would've hit the train. My anxiety was through the roof as I kept driving, wondering what I'd find ahead. It ended tragically for him though - he crashed into a tree a few towns over and died. His two passengers had to be extracted from the car and then were airlifted to nearby hospitals. It was insane.

CS/Q: possible O day yesterday?
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 hurray! So excited for you! Sending all the good vibes for a normal cycle and successful FET! 
    @gingermama29 OMG! That would have made my anxiety crazy too! I hope the passengers are okay.
  • @inthewoods23 Fingers crossed for a short(ish) cycle so you can move forward! 

@gingermama29 That is crazy. Whenever I see high speed chases on the news or wherever, I just have to wonder if people like that really think they are going to get away?

Month/Cycle: 1/1ish

CD: 39 days since Nexplanon removed 

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping, OPKs

R/R: Finally got a positive OPK last week, the same day I got a positive flu test. Spent the weekend with high fever and now OPKs back to negative, temps back low where they were. My (probably failed) attempt to ovulate doesn’t matter anyway, because DH doesn’t want the flu so he is avoiding me anyway! 

CS/Q: It’s a mess, nothing to see here. Blah
  • Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU:
    *sexually active ED to EOD during fertile week
    *OPKing
    *cycle tracking
    *healthy eating, prenatal vitamins, husband taking supplements/vitamins
    *exercise/yoga/meditation
    *fertility testing coming up (Femvue, bloodwork, and SA)
    *sperm-friendly lubricant
    *currently consulting with doctors to find the cause of my Raynaud's Disease (possibly fibromyalgia related, but I'm being sent to a vascular doctor to rule out other problems)

R/R: I've come down with a virus or something and I've been glued to my bed and running a lowgrade fever since yesterday morning. I already canceled my vascular appointment for Wednesday, so that will be delayed until February 3rd. My hubby and I also had our Femvue, bloodwork, and SA scheduled for this Thursday, so I'm waiting to hear back on whether we will have to wait another cycle to do that. I'm so pissed right now!

CS/Q:
    To anyone here that has had a Femvue: how painful was it for you?
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @inthewoods23 - Woohoo! We may end up doing our FET's around the same time! 

@gingermama29 - OMG that's so scary and sad! My anxiety would have been thru the roof

@fitzfizz - Bummer! Hope you feel better soon!

@flowntheloop - I did not have a Femvue, but I had an HSG (which is under xray, instead of ultrasound). Mine was not painful. I had a little cramping with the balloon, but it was over in 30 seconds. 

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 3

Timing: FET

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Taking this cycle to do additional testing

R/R: Nothing exciting going on over here. I'm actually excited that I have nothing to look forward to, because it means I can relax haha These past few months have been so crazy, so it's nice to not have to stress about upcoming things! My night meeting at work was also cancelled for this week, so I have a whole week of just working a normal 8:00 - 4:30 job! 

CS/Q: nope

• @feather_heather Yay for chilling out!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to pain (I have a very low threshold), so I'm a bit nervous!
    @fitzfizz Ughh! That is so frustrating! I'm fighting off some sort of virus right now, and my sister and her husband also have the flu! It is a rough flu season, so take care of yourself!
    @gingermama29 That is insane! I'm glad you are okay. I bet you are hypervigilant since that incident!
    @inthewoods23 RAWRRRR. Crossing fingers for you!
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @inthewoods23 YES!!!! One cycle closer :) I also hope this is in your normal range of cycle days and not overly long! 

@gingermama29 What a story!!!! My goodness! I am so glad you are okay and that you did not witness a horrible car vs. train accident. That's tragic for him, indeed, and I hope the other 2 are okay. Do you know what he was running from? What could have been worth losing your life over?

@fitzfizz I hope you're starting to feel a little better at least!

@flowntheloop let us know when you hear back from the Dr. please!!

@feather_heather Friend.... Enjoy this much needed break of "nothingness"!!! You so deserve it!! <3

Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Vitamin D, 50mg Clomid, Trigger, IUI #5, Progesterone after IUI, eating better, drinking more water, getting back into my exercise routines and just trying to enjoy life and live in the moments!

R/R: I went to bed with a slight headache last night and woke up with it too...ugh! I am hoping that the Tylenol and coffee (3/4 decaf, don't worry!) will kick it out of my system but I have a feeling it's going to linger today. Womp!

CS/Q: n/a
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs, HIO

R/R: AF brought the worst freaking cramps this go round. I hate her. 

CS/Q: nothing to see
  • @inthewoods23 Hooray for AF so you can move on to the next cycle! Fx that it is a normal length and doesn't drag on like this past one did. 

@gingermama29 That is so crazy! I've seen chases on the news but never in person. I am sure I'd be close to having an anxiety attack if I had witnessed something like that! I'm super scared of others on the road anyways (after a bad accident a couple years ago) so I'd be a mess. So glad that they didn't hit you and that you are okay!!

@fitzfizz I so agree with you on your comment on car chases, how do people really expect to escape? I'm sure it happens occasionally, but they end up with so many more charges for running and endangering others and often end up dying in a crash. Craziness! So sorry for the flu, I was super sick a few weeks ago and it was miserable. And sorry for the bad timing! Hope you feel better soon!

@flowntheloop Oh no, that's terrible timing! So sorry to hear that! I hope you both can still go through with the testing this Thursday and that you feel better soon!

@feather_heather Having some extra time to relax is the best, enjoy it!!

@kpearse99 I've been getting tension headaches a ton the past year or so and I've heard/read that caffeine is actually more effective, and is faster, than taking an NSAID! Hope it goes away soon!

@krystrist2014 Sorry for cramps! They're the worst!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: BD'ing EOD, prenatals, vitamins, drinking lots of water & trying to eat healthy

R/R: Rant: We got a notice on our door last night that our management company (we rent) is coming to do an inspection today and we may have a couple more animals then we are supposed to. However, it is frustrating because they are basically slum lords, haven't done an inspection in almost 5 years, and refuse to fix any issues that come up. We had a tile fall through in our bathroom floor 2 years ago and we contacted them to have it fixed, they sent us an email saying they opened the ticket, then sent another saying they had fixed it and closed the ticket... it was never fixed. Just an example of how much they suck. I hate people being in our home when neither of us can be there, it just feels like an invasion of privacy, but oh well. Thankfully we are in the home buying process so we won't have to deal with it much longer!
    Rave: Had my first day of work at Zales last night (I am working there part time as a second job for a bit to help us pay off debt) and it went super well! The manager is great and it is a very relaxed atmosphere so I am excited to be working there.

CS/Q: None.
  • @bserena I agree with you! Caffeine does usually help over Tylenol! I probably have a cup of tea later :) I wonder if something happened in your building that they now want to come do an inspection?  What are you going to do with the animals?! 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I bought a ton of tea and brought it to work, I used to drink so much coffee so I've been trying to make the switch! Hope it helps :) And I'm not sure! It is super frustrating. DH has lived there for 10 years now, I have lived there 3. We've never been late on rent, we keep the apartment/property clean, our dogs don't bark, never had complaints, etc. so it is super weird that all of a sudden they decided to come inspect. We debated what to do with the animals, I thought about bringing the pups to work and just putting them in their kennel in the warehouse (my job wouldn't mind), but there is nothing we can do about the fish tanks or kitties so at this point my DH said we are kind of all in, lol. Our landlord has changed four times in the 10 years DH has lived there so the rules have changed too. When he first moved in he was allowed to have whatever he wanted, so the rules changed after he already had fish tanks and some pets. I don't know what they will say, hopefully it'll be fine, but just super anxious about it!
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 (3 years during round 1)

WAYDTGKU: putting the P in the V

R/R: AF decided to make an encore performance yesterday, but thankfully it was short.  She went away just in time to HIO last night but apparently H wasn't in the mood because I got NOTHING!  So now I'm sex deprived and cranky.

CS/Q: nope!

@inthewoods23 FX for a shorter cycle and a successful FET!

@gingermama29 Holy cow that would have been scary for sure.  Glad everything turned out ok for you.  Sad that the guy made some horrible decisions.

@fitzfizz oh man what a bummer to hopefully finally O and then also have the flu.  Hope you're feeling better soon!

@flowntheloop Sending you all the healthy vibes I can.  I hope you're feeling better soon!

@feather_heather Yay for a relaxing week!  It's nice when those come about.  Any plans for how you're going to take advantage of that time?

@kpearse99 Boo for headaches.  I get migraines around the time of my cycle and I feel like they hang around forever.  Hopefully a little bit of caffeine does the trick.  If you're ok with some caffeine, Excedrin Migraine is one of the few OTC medicines that help my migraines.

@kristrist2018 Cramps are the literal worst.  Heating pads usually help with mine.  Sometimes it's just having something ridiculously hot on it to numb the pain.  It still hurts, but it's a different hurt.  haha

@bserena Ugh that does feel like an invasion of privacy.  When H and I were renting right after we got married, the owners decided to put the house on the market...and not tell us.  We were outside having a BBQ at the park across the street when we saw a group of people walk into our house.  H went over and yelled at them and that's how we found out they were trying to sell.  We ended up moving as soon as we could.  (It was a toxic situation anyway.)  I hope the home buying process goes well and quick and you can be in your own place soon!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz I used to use Excedrin Migraine, as it worked wonders, but with the IF treatment my RE only wants me to use Tylenol. Thankfully the caffeine worked today :) Hopefully YH can make it up to you today!!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I forgot excedrin migraine also has ibuprofen in it. But I’m glad the caffeine helped!!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• linzrunz said:

WAYDTGKU: putting the P in the V

Stuck in box but 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
  • Month/Cycle: 20/15/5 AL#2

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, & progesterone after O.

R/R: Has been a busy day at work so far, but that’s passing the day quickly...so woohoo! I’m behind, this thread is hopping! 

CS/Q: None, only one lonely dot so far. 

@inthewoods23 glad AF showed so you can move on to this (hopefully) short & sweet cycle before your FET!! 

@gingermama29 whoa!! So glad you weren’t hurt and hopefully the passengers made it through ok!! I’m sure that was incredibly scary!

@fitzfizz so sorry you have the flu, and it may have impacted O! Hope you get to feeling better soon, take care of yourself! 

@flowntheloop So sorry you have come down with something...I hope you don’t have to cancel your appt for Thursday! It would stink to have to delay it for another cycle! 

@feather_heather yay for a normal week with hopefully little-to-no stress! You definitely deserve it!! 

@kpearse99 sorry for the lingering headache...I hate when I go to bed with one and wake up with it still there! Glad to see the caffeine helped! Love your “just trying to enjoy life and live in the moments”! ☺️ It’s so easy to forget to do that during this process!!  

@krystrist2014 sorry for the horrible cramps...AF can be a real jerk!! Hope they go away soon! 

@bserena so sorry for the stress of the landlord inspection, hopefully the additional animals won’t be an issue!! I only ever paid monthly fees for 1 cat at my apartment, but had 2 (I thought paying a fee for an extra cat was dumb, because it’s not like they would/could do any more damage than just 1)...but I was always a nervous wreck when I knew maintenance was supposed to be in my apartment. Luckily, I think 1 cat probably hid every single time...but I was still afraid I was going to get caught! I hope they aren’t even looking for that and won’t say anything about it! Try not to stress too much! Glad your part-time job went well and you like the manager! 

@linzrunz sorry things didn’t work out yesterday...but hopefully they will today!! 🤞🏻

• @inthewoods23 yaayyy for AF! Hope your cycle is a normal length this time! 
    @gingermama29 Omg that is terrifying!! My nerves would have been shot too! 
    @fitzfizz I’m so sorry!! The flu is bad enough even when it isn’t messing with your FW! I hope you’re feeling better.
    @flowntheloop I hope you feel better soon!
    @feather_heather having nothing to do sounds like heaven!! Enjoy the break!! 
    @kpearse99 oh no, I must have jinxed you with my headache yesterday!! I’m glad the caffeine did the trick, hope it stays away!
    @krystrist2014 I’m sorry about the cramps! Hope they don’t last! 
    @bserena that sounds so frustrating!! Good luck on the home buying front, it’s such a stressful process but so worth it!! You won’t have to deal with anymore landlord BS. Congrats on the new job, it sounds like a great place to work!
    @linzrunz Boo!! Hopefully your hubby is in the mood tonight so you can get it in! 😆

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, but also taking prenatals, exercising and trying to eat healthier. 

R/R: My headache is finally gone!! But I am spotting again. 😩 I spotted for 3 days before AF really started, then had a break for one day yesterday, and now I’m spotting again. My cycle is just all kinds of messed up. Basically been bleeding since last Monday. I’m going to blame it on being so soon after mirena removal (I had it removed 12/11). 

CS/Q: anyone else had mirena removed?? What were your cycles like? 
  • Ugggghhh so much going on today. Thanks for all the AF love haha. I'm too busy trying to schmooze money out of my company to get them to sponsor our robotics team to be able to respond to everyone.

I'm not 100% sure if I should consider yesterday just spotting or a light start to AF. Feel like I should create a poll on this. Inquiring minds want to know lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited January 2020
    @bluetickgal I'm glad your day is flying by!! I have a little over an hour left to kill and I just know it's going to draaaaag!!

@inthewoods23 I was in a similar boat last cycle. It started with spotting but then by night time was like a light flow and then the next day very faint spotting and then gone. I initially wasn't going to count that first day as anything but then when nothing else appeared I figured that was it...  :| Did you end up using a tampon or anything? Or was it really just visable when wiping?

@kitkatz1990 I'm totally agreeing that your wonky cycle of spotting and bleeding is due to the Mirena coming out! I had mine removed, after 6 years, and it took some time. I didn't have the spotting, except for one day, but I had every single early pregnancy sign for a few weeks with all BFN's. It was a real mind F for sure. Hang in there!
    Our TTC Journey

• @fitzfizz oh no, sorry about the flu! I hope your feel better quickly. What terrible timing!

@flowntheloop ugh sorry you're feeling awful too. I hope you recover quickly and don't have to reschedule those appointments.

@feather_heather I'm glad you're getting a well deserved break from all the stress. And yay for canceled meetings!!

@kpearse99 the driver was connected to a big gang bust 2 years ago apparently. He was from Florida. I haven't heard if the other 2 survived yet. The driver was 22 though. I hope your headache is gone by now!

@krystrist2014 sorry AF is such a raging b*tch. I hope you feel better.

@bserena thanks! Me too! Sorry about the inspection. Hopefully home buying happens quickly and you can be done with them for good. And how cool that you just started at Zales. I used to work part time at Kay's a few years ago. DH is there for his second job right now. It's fun working with all the pretty jewelry.

@linzrunz boo for sex deprived. Also dying at your WAYDTGKU answer🤣🤣

@bluetickgal glad your day is going by quickly. It's definitely an upside to a busy day.

@kitkatz1990 sorry your cycle has been so messed up since mirena removal. Hopefully it gets itself figured out soon. Glad your headache is finally gone!