August 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL check in week of Jan 5

Sorry for missing last week! This is a thread for anyone who has experienced a loss at any point during this journey.  Hoping we can support each other. TW applies to the entire thread. 

EDD/weeks+days?

Other children?

Previous losses?

Concerns or worries this week?

Any milestones coming up?

Questions?

GTKY: Who supported you through your previous losses and who is supporting you now?

Re: PGAL check in week of Jan 5

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days?
    Aug 16/ 8+1

Other children?
    2 boys, 3 and 14mo

Previous losses?
    Yes, 5 losses comprising of ectopic, BO, and chemical

I have my second u/s this week to make sure we are progressing well after finding the hb so early 2 weeks ago, I'm pretty nervous. While I've had some symptoms, it's not been a lot and they've been very intermittent, so it's hard not to go down the rabbit hole. 

See above

Questions?

GTKY: Who supported you through your previous losses and who is supporting you now? My husband. We were only just married when we found out that I had endo and needed surgery for a dermoid cyst in my ovary. Our marriage has been either TTC, losses, surviving, IF treatments, and finally our miracles. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow The intermittent symptoms, while wonderful, are brutal on the PGAL mind. Big hugs to you! Hope your appointment goes well. When is it?

EDD/weeks+days? 9w5d

Other children? 4.5 yo son, 2.5 yo daughter 

Previous losses? Early loss in May 2019, Vanishing twin syndrome during this pregnancy 

Concerns or worries this week? I’m choosing to remain positive. I’ve been so anxious and nervous I hadn’t shared with anyone. I decided to tell my mom today and her excitement was very helpful for my spirit. 

Any milestones coming up? My empty due date is Jan 30. It’s so weird that I told myself if I was just pregnant by then that I’d be fine. But I’m still pretty sad about that little one we lost. I’m hopeful for some good appointments to lift my spirits as we get closer to the date. 

Questions? None. 

GTKY: Who supported you through your previous losses and who is supporting you now? My husband has done his best to support me but I don’t think he quite gets it because it isn’t his body. But he seems a little more sensitive over the vanishing twin since he was able to actually see it on the ultrasound and have it explained to him. And he’s awesome when I’m pregnant. He picks up the slack around the house and takes the kids out so I can rest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days? Aug 21 / 8+2

Other children? DD is 15m + 3w

Previous losses?  One before DD and two prior to this baby

Concerns or worries this week?  Other recent, sudden losses in the board have hit me hard.  And to top it off, my mother's words keep ringing in my ears from when I first told her about DD - she said not to be "too upset" if I were to have a 10 week loss. 😨  Well I mean, she had two losses between me and my brother, but I only ever heard her talk about it once prior to that.  So it was kind of upsetting at the time she said that, and now at 8 weeks, I find myself anxious to see the baby again, and get back normal nipt results in a few weeks, too. It's bothering me that I was measuring two days behind (which I know doesn't mean much) or that the HR wasn't higher.  Idk, it's stupid.  I'll feel much better once we all reach 2nd tri, but right now I just wish that wasn't one of my last memories of very limited time I got to talk with my mom about expecting. :/

Any milestones coming up?  First MW apt Wednesday!

Questions? Idk if it's a question, but I see the third time mom's and I just hope and pray that may be me too, some day!  We only have two embryos left, and they are our two least well-graded, so I really want to believe we could have two more THBs waiting for us, but it feels like kind of a longshot, given our experience so far.
    <div>
    </div><div>GTKY:  Who supported you through your previous losses and who is supporting you now?  DH has been pretty good, but it irks me sometimes how in the beginning, he's so overly cautious to the point of not letting himself get excited at all, to all of a sudden oblivious to the possibility that anything else could still go wrong from here on out. 🤦</div>
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Measuring 2 days behind is nothing. Babies rarely, if ever, measure on time, even IVF babes. With ds2 I measured over a week behind until about 10 weeks where he started measuring 2 days behind and there he stayed. Remember, that like your DD, all babies grow at their own rate and on their own time and no amount of hoping, praying, begging, etc. will change that. Remember that worrying is just stressing you and baby out. Deep breaths, mama. I know how scary it is. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife the first tri is so hard. Appointments are spaced out you don’t feel movement the placenta starts taking over so your symptoms get better. Hugs to you! Hang in there
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    Hi! I’ve been lurking for awhile after my last loss. Nervous to post anything until now. 
    EDD/weeks+days?
    8/25: 7w 6d
    Other children? 3: boy, 19; girl 12; boy 4. 

Previous losses?
    My boyfriend and i had a Miscarriage this past September. Went in for spotting at 9 weeks, and found baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. 
    so far so good. Had my hcg testing done after some spotting and mild clotting between 5w5d to 7w1d. At 6w 0d my Hcg measured in at 57,000, and 7w1d measured at 114,000 and the spotting stopped. My only concern at this point is hoping we only have one baby in there. Someone I know said that her hcg numbers were similar with twins 😳

my first doc appointment 1/30. It’s so hard to wait especially after previous loss 

Questions?
    Trying to figure out how/when to tell my kids. The 12 year old was the only one of my kids  who knew last time and she took the loss worse than anyone. Nervous to tell her but it’s getting harder and harder to hide it. (That belly! 😳) The 4 year old has no concept
    of time. He thinks everything is happening RIGHT NOW! I want to give him enough prep time but also not make it seem like forever!!!! And the 19 year old....well....🤷🏼‍♀️....that just seems awkward 😂