August 2020 Moms
Options

Telling your other child(ren)

Hi guys, 

For any of you who have other children, when did you tell them (or when are you planning to tell them) that they have a little brother or sister on the way? 

Have any cute stories or pictures of how you've shared the news?

My DD is 4 and she has been asking for a brother or sister for years. We haven't told her yet but she is going to be so excited when we do. I just don't know how long to wait and I would hate to tell her and then have something happen. 

Re: Telling your other child(ren)

• Options
    Dd just turned 4. We still haven’t told her (or family which is a vast contrast from my pregnancy with her). We have an ultrasound tomorrow so maybe this weekend. We may wait until end of first trimester. Honestly we haven’t talked about when exactly. I know she’ll be excited. 
    Craft Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tyrion_ I'm not creative either, so I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to tell my daughter, but I know she is going to be so excited and I'm going to record it. When we get back from our trip we have our second scan and the results from the blood work. I plan to tell her after that appointment and then have her wear a shirt to daycare that says "big sister", so that they will then now. They are always telling me that I need a second and I know that they will be thrilled as well. 

Also, if I see something good in here I might steal it, fyi :) 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    DS is only 1.5. So we’ve told him but he’s not really verbal and doesn’t really understand. But will will be using him to tell families (put him in a big bro shirt). We’re waiting until a family trip in late February so everyone will be there. 
  • Options
    kgrgreen reading that melted my heart. I'm going buy that book! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    We have 4 kiddos, so this is our 5th. Personally I always wait until were 20-24 weeks to tell anyone besides our parents. I've had  a miscarriage in the past and get really nervous telling people. Our last baby was our first girl. So I surprised my oldest with a pink frosted whoopie pie to tell him he was finally getting a sister. 
  • Options
    @pengy16 that is really cute!  I had been praying harder than I can remember in my entire life for this baby, seriously.  When we were preparing for this cycle, I said a certain novena, and here we are!  So if it's a girl, we have her name picked out WELL in advance.  If it's a boy, we are very much at a loss for names! lol time will tell...