Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 1/6

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? 
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 1/6

• What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 13/12

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? It’s baby or IVF...

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’ve put most of the baby and all of the maternity stuff in storage. At this point I’d be shocked to see a positive again. I almost feel numb and know that can’t be a good thing. 

GTKY: What is your go to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? Snuggling my son. He’s the brightest little rainbow baby! Sometimes I feel selfish for having an amazing little guy like him and wanting another.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited January 2020
    @NYTino24 I feel the exact same way about being numb and the thoughts of ever seeing a positive again. Hugs to you, friend <3

What number are you trying for?
    THB #2
    Month/Cycle? 16 months and 14 cycles (after 2 losses)
    WTO/TWW? TWW - beta was today but I'm expecting it to be negative
    Ages of other child(ren)? 7.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? They were hopeful, but I tested Sunday morning at 12 dpiui and it was negative. My beta was this morning and I'll get the results this afternoon to confirm, but again, I'm not expecting anything other than another negative result. Sigh. I'm honestly, okay though. The consultation last week went well with the RE and we have a new plan to move forward with this next cycle. We'll switch to Clomid, last 4 IUI cycles were with Letrozole, and give this a while for another 3-4 cycles.
    Any questions? nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag:
    Rant: I hate being back at work! And I slept AWFUL last night! I think I've pretty much been up since 3am. I also really hate that the progesterone supplements really mimic early pregnancy symptoms. It's a real mind F!

Rave: I got myself back to the gym yesterday (we have a gym at work so I go on my lunch break) it's been awhile but it felt good to be back. I'm going again today!
    GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? This is a hard question to answer! Recently, I've started adding the word "Yet" at the end of my sentences. Like... "I'm not pregnant, yet" and "This treatment hasn't worked, yet".  Instead of just making the statement that I'm not pregnant or the treatment didn't work. So far it's helping me remember that it CAN happen, it just hasn't happened yet!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/2 

WTO/TWW? Wfaf.. The never ending cycle: day 43

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? WHEN WILL IT EEEENNNND?!?!?

Any questions? I am 99% sure since this is my 2nd cycle post iud removal that my doctor wont do anything but tell me to wait. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: got the boy a big kid bed and last light he actually slept in it with his (big) dog 🤗 I was able to sleep in my bed without getting a foot to the back or face or stomach and I slept sooo good. 
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3 years first round with no luck, waiting for CD1 for round 2. 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 11 and 8

Any thoughts about this cycle? We technically stopped any birth control this week but I’m pretty sure I O’ed over Christmas. Focusing on enjoying sex so it hopefully doesn’t become a chore again. 

Any questions? Nope :)

Rant/Rave/Brag: I started crocheting a blanket the week before Christmas and I finished it last night!

GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? Hmmm not sure.  Interested to read the answers from everyone else. I got super obsessive and depressed last time. I’ve been working on my mental health since we stopped trying and I feel like I’m in a much better place mentally. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @legendairymomma ugh I'm so sorry you have another never ending cycle!! I don't think doctor's will prescribe Provera to jump start your cycle until 60 days after she hasn't arrived. I hope AF arrives soon for you!

@linzrunz I just want to say welcome back and that I'm so sorry for all that you guys have been through these last 3 years. I really hope this is a quick TTC journey for you!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Month/Cycle? 12, 3 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm enjoying the fact there's no added pressure from the holidays and all our families visiting. The last 2 cycles, AF arrived the weeks before Thanksgiving and Christmas and there was this weird pressure knowing people (our parents) will notice whether I'm drinking or not. After our MC in October, I joked to my mom that "at least I'll get to have fun in Vegas in February" and she was like, "you never know, you could be pregnant again by then!" I know she wasn't trying to add pressure, but that's how it felt. Plus, DH is an only child so his parents are always making comments about us having another one "so DS has someone to play with." 

Any questions? n/a

Rant/Rave/Brag: Currently shopping for dresses for our Vegas trip, which is helping make this TWW much easier to get through.

GTKY: What is your go to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? I've stopped NOT doing things because I "might" get KU, like planning events or trips where drinking/not being KU will make it more enjoyable. I also use exercise to help me feel more grateful for what my body CAN do. And I agree with @NYTino24 that snuggling DS is the best!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20

Month/Cycle? 1

WTO/TWW? TWW (I think, just coming off nexplanon and I'm not temping. Did has positive OPK and cervix changes/ mucous but we'll see!

Ages of other child(ren)? almost 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just waiting to see if I actually ovulated or not.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My little guy is so excited about a potential sibling, he's the one bugging me the most!

GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? That hasn't happened yet but I do feel that I have my own personal time limit before I'll just say we're one and done and DH gets the snip.
  • I'm going to come back in for tags later. I'm having a rough day today. 

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 2/2
    WTO/TWW? WTO (still...) 
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? My LH levels are super low and it's frustrating. My estrogen is rising and my pain is getting worse but I'll be shocked if I ovulate by the end of this week (I'm on CD 11).
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm a week out from my next ObGyn appointment and I'm just trying to stay positive. It's hard. There's a lot of uncertainty that comes with this appointment. I'm trying to keep myself distracted until then. I have other stuff to worry about before then too. 
    TW military service
    One of my close friends just volunteered to go active duty from the reserves. I'm taking it really hard because he's one of the biggest emotional supports I have outside of my partners. He's a linguist and speaks Farsi. I'm so scared for him. 
    GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? Grad school and keeping myself booked with drag shows and photoshoots have been good distractions for me. I'm also not letting myself -not- do things (book photoshoots/drag shows etc.) for the off chance I get pregnant in the next few months. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @NYTino24  Snuggling is the best!  I don't think that it is selfish to still want another kid even when you already have an amazing little guy, but I have the same thought at times too.  

@kpearse99  I really need to start adding the word "yet" to the end of my sentences too.  That's a good idea!  I tend to focus too much on what is happening now.

@ashaislurking  I wish that you were having a better day.  There is always tomorrow.  

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was hopeful until today.  I am getting some serious cramps today, so I think AF is coming early, as in possibly tomorrow, which is only CD 24.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am having a rough day.

GTKY: What is your go to coping skill when TTGP gets hard?  I snuggle and/or play with DS.  He is the sweetest little guy!  Also, I have been doing a lot of knitting and painting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi there! I intro'ed on the newbie thread yesterday so I thought I would jump in here. Sorry to hear some are having tough days. These days after all the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over and we've put pressure on ourselves with New Year's resolutions are tough and the winter days are long. It's easy to get lost in it. I hope you find something that brings you joy, even if it's just a hot cup of tea under a snugly blanket at the end of a long day!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just waiting for AF. I got a BFN on Monday. I'm on CD 28/11dpo but I just had my IUD out on 12/9 so my period could have been induced by getting that out. Otherwise I O'ed kind of late (CD 17, maybe based on CM) or I have a longer cycle than I used to. I need to give my body some time to get back to normal after the IUD so I would like to just get my period already and be able to start fresh! But there's that little glimmer of hope saying "you're not out, 'til you're out!"

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been very 19 month toddler-y lately. It's tough and frustrating when he can't communicate what he wants but he know's what he wants. So I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure him out and inevitably do the wrong thing and all hell breaks loose. I don't want to wish away precious time with him but it's really not a good time to be cooped up in house with him.  

GTKY: What is your to to coping skill when TTGP gets hard? See mantra above!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @NYTino24 I’m sorry that you’re feeling numb. You are definitely not selfish and I hope you can talk yourself out of that feeling. 
    @kpearse99 did you get the beta results back yet? Sorry if I missed this somewhere. I hope you got a better nights sleep last night.
    @legendairymomma yay for the big boy bed being a success!!
    @linzrunz would love to see picks of your blanket in the January crafting thread! 🙂
    @mamasloth yay for a new dress! My favorite thing about Vegas is the food!
    @willashbaby FX crossed for you that you caught O! 
    @ashaislurking I’m glad you have some distractions right now while you await your next appointment. Keep at them and it will be here in no time! 

• @krystrist2014 I did... it was negative, like I was expecting. It's okay though. I handled the news pretty well, I'm proud of myself, but no matter how well you handle that news a BFN always sucks to get! I"m so glad your daughter's birthday went great!! I love that party theme idea! The big 5 years old!! 

@krash_ Welcome!! Let me know if you have any questions about post IUD cycles and I'll do my best to help! I had my IUD removed after 6 years of it being in and it took almost 2 months for me to get my period back. Give yourself time and have patience with your body, it does take some time to get back to normal.

@AB518 I'm sorry you feel like AF is on her way. ugh :( I think it's great you have things like knitting and painting to take your mind off of things. And DS snuggles are the best medicine!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 we do a lot of growth mindset stuff at school and The Power of Yet has been a bulletin board in several rooms. Getting your head on straight is a big part of the battle.
    @krystrist2014 So glad they party went well. What kinds of crafts did you do?
    @AB518 What do you knit? What kinds of paining do you enjoy? 
    @ashaislurking This international conflict stuff is unsettling for sure. DH is barely sleeping. I hope your friend ends up okay.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @kpearse99 I’m glad you took it so well. FX that chlomid will help with your next IUI. 
    @NYTino24 we did a few - I put together little bags with supplies for “Make your own Forky”. Then I put together baggies -the ziplocks with Frozen characters on them and the ones with Star Wars characters on them - with homemade play dough and the kiddos got to mix in the food coloring they wanted and then add their own glitter to it. Then the last one was a water color resist where I had used stencils to trace images with white crayons so when they put water paint on the page they would uncover a bunch of secret images (like a little Mickey, a little Baymax, a bunch of silly emoji faces). 
  • @NYTino24  I started knitting mostly baby/kid blankets, but they took a really long time to make, so now I knit mostly hats.  Everyone in my family got a knitted hat from me for Christmas this past year.  I have always loved art.  I paint with acrylic paint on canvas.  I used to like doing paintings of buildings or locations that are important to me, but lately, most of my paintings are of animals.  My last painting was a mama bear and baby bear that I made for DS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bows22 awwww theres no better medicine than baby snuggles! I had to have a spinal tap last year and was laid up for 2 days after and my daughter was the same. So sweet. Also I love your coping method! Lol. If times get tough I will be employing your method! 
  • @bows22 thank you! I’m glad you got the courage to post this time around. The community here is amazing. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @kpearse99 I hope the Clomid is a good change for you. I'm rooting so hard for you my friend.
    @legendairymomma I'm so sorry this is a never ending cycle for you. Hopefully your hormones balance soon!
    @linzrunz Welcome back to TB. I hope your stay here on ttgp is short and sweet. I loved crocheting when I was on bedrest but now I'm sitting here with a 2/3rds finished baby blanket. It's awesome that you could finish a blanket in only a few weeks. That just blows my mind.
    @mamasloth I'm sorry you're dealing with family pressure. Hopefully with the holidays being over and time with family being more spread out things will calm down a bit. I hope you enjoy your trip next month!
    @willashbaby Hopefully you caught O! I know things can be a little wonky coming off of Nexplanon. Hopefully things regulate quickly for you!
    @AB518 Crafting is a great way to cope! Sorry you were having a rough time this week. Hopefully things get better soon. Having symptoms of AF and having AF show her ugly head can be so hard.
    @krash_ I hope things regulate soon for you too! A few of us in here are within our first few cycles of having an IUD removed so you're@krash_ d company.
    @krystrist2014 Just remember that the feelings that you have aren't always irrational in the TWW. Progesterone symptoms can sometimes mimic AF symptoms and it can be hard to distinguish between the two. I'm glad YD had a great birthday party!
    @bows22 Hopefully you get answers soon and that surgery recovery is quick!

I'm doing a bit better today than I was earlier in the week. Pretty sure I O'ed in the last couple of days, but yesterday's temp is hard to say because I wasn't sleeping well. Today's temp shot WAY up though. I'm not super hopeful for this cycle because I BD'd last 4-5 days prior to O. Not super mad about that because I see my ObGyn Tuesday to discuss my pain (which has been horrendous this week). We'll see what we decide to do.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I'm glad you're doing a little better and I'm even happier that your appointment is finally so soon! You've waited long enough to get some more answers.

@bows22 drinks always help!! haha And your DD cuddling you after your surgery is the sweetest freaking thing ever!!! My heart is melting over here!! <3 I hope you're feeling a little better today than yesterday!
    Our TTC Journey