Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 1/8

What has you saying wtf today, ladies?

Re: WTF Wednesday 1/8

• My dad. Said to me last night “when are we getting a grandchild?!” Made a shaky response the he said “well- you know you have control over it 🤷‍♀️“ 
    I saw red. They know about my losses 🙄

• @the_road_to_oz Holy s***. I’m sorry.😢😡
  • Loading the player...
  • @the_road_to_oz😳

He said WHAT?

I'd be making no effort to contact after that. Yikes, I'm sorry he said such a horrible thing to you!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @the_road_to_oz what the hell is even wrong with people? How is that a remotely acceptable thing for him to say to you knowing about your struggles and your losses? I'm so sorry. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My WTF is to the woman at the gym today who saw me on my way out after my morning run and said, "Damn, girl, how far along are you now?" I guess she didn't get the memo.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo wtf compels people to say something like that??? 🤨😠
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • WTF at no health insurance coverage for infertility treatments (and low coverage for testing) in my state. Also, the fact that I'm spending a painful amount on Femvue (even with insurance) whilst my husband's SA is a tiny copay. Does this country just enjoy punishing women?
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @the_road_to_oz WTAF?? I am furious for you. What an incredibly insensitive thing to say. 
    @ttcbabyodo wow. What the hell is wrong with that lady???
    @flowntheloop I am so sorry your insurance has no coverage for IF. That's so wrong on so many levels. 

• Dude, @flowntheloop that literally makes me want to set myself on fire.

• @the_road_to_oz WOW. That is utterly insensitive--ESPECIALLY since he knows your history!
    @ttcbabyodo Well, fuckkkk. I don't know how you maintained your composure there O_O

@emeraldduchess @ttcbabyodo I told my husband it was like a punch to my ladyparts (on multiple levels).

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • This is both a WTF and a bitchfest.

A conversation that started yesterday with a customer massively escalated this morning.

It started off with them believing our website and literature were incorrect on the sizing of a product we manufacture. I'm explaining why the selection list is how it is, you know, being helpful to get them to see why we do it the way we do.

WELL this morning this guy finds my answer completely unacceptable and just goes on this rant that he's done arguing with us, he's not doing business with us (the reason for his initial question wasn't even related to a specific sale), and that we should be thankful that this product is ONLY X% of their sales.

I was both super aggravated by the email but also laughing because like, am I supposed to feel threatened at the idea of losing some % of their sales when they aren't our only customer? Nobody wants to do business with someone so angry.

The marketing guy looked his name up on LinkedIn and, if this was his profile, he definitely looks like a "I've been in this industry for 30+ years! Of course I know what I'm talking about!" kind of guy.

F*cking yikes dude.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 It sounds like you were on the receiving end of him funneling an unrelated rage into your conversation. People are batshit these days!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop as an engineer, I'm sure there was some degree of sexism on his part because his email actually started with "obviously you have never worked out in the field". While true, it was still super uncalled for.

My boss calls these people knobs 😆 "why does he has to be such a knob" is often said
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @the_road_to_oz so sorry your dad said that to you!! Sending hugs your way! 💜
    @ttcbabyodo oh friend, I’m so sorry for that! People need to learn to keep their mouths shut!! 
    @flowntheloop I’m so sorry that insurance is like that for you! It is so unfair! 
    @inthewoods23 I’m glad you were able to find some humor in his comment about losing their business as if they were your only customer...but still, his attitude sounds ridiculous! 
  • @bluetickgal yeah, we also get from our sales guys how it's so important that we respond to a customer because "they're a very important customer!!!". Come on guys, EVERY customer is important at some point 🙄
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @ttcbabyodo Ugh. We hadn’t really told anyone so I’ve been spared that mostly. 😭😭😭 
    @inthewoods23 I have found those types of people to be more trouble than they are worth. I love being able to fire clients at my job. I barely ever do- but some people aren’t worth the liability- or headache. 
    @flowntheloop ny state just mandated infertility coverage. We are deliberately using my plan, which is more expensive, than my husbands because I work in ny. 
    It’s horrible that a female “problem” is treated so differently than any other condition.  

• @the_road_to_oz - the only reason this woman knew is because back in September around 3 weeks before my loss she had asked me to dress up as Elsa for the Children's Breakfast with Santa, and I told her I would so long as I could still fit in my costume by then. Otherwise I wouldn't have told her about being KU because 1) we're not that close, and 2) I rarely see her outside of the gym. So, after my loss, I wasn't in a place to talk about it with someone who was essentially a stranger, but I did tell her I would do the event. I guess she didn't put 2 & 2 together when she saw me at the event with no baby bump.

• @the_road_to_oz wow. I am so sorry. Sending you hugs! 
    @ttcbabyodo wtf?!? Was this a rando? Or a woman you know? 
    @inthewoods23 people are so ridiculous. I like how your boss calls them knobs though! Lol. My boss calls these kinds of people “jackwagons” 🤣
  • @flowntheloop girl, yes. That is bullshit. I never ceases to amaze me how many male specific things get covered by insurance compared to female specific things. 😡 
  • WTF to bullying. I will never understand why kids (and adults) will be intentionally cruel to each other. 😠 It feels like no matter what we do in schools to try to prevent or stop it, it continues and often gets worse. 
  • @the_road_to_oz F that. So many Fs. 
  • @the_road_to_oz and @ttcbabyodo wow! I’m so so sorry to your dad and that women at the gym for saying such horrible and hurtful things to you guys.. this is what I gotta say to that...

• izroizro member
    edited January 2020
    My WTF Wednesday is this pain, going to the doctor tomorrow for what seems to be migratory arthritis.
  • Just wanted to send <3 to @the_road_to_oz and @ttcbabyodo because wt actual f!!!! Sending you both creepy internet stranger hugs!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• UGH PEOPLE

My company is giving everyone a pair of Skechers Go Walks that commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo mission that are a custom design with the company logo and the Apollo logo.

Distribution was finally today but I came in 10 minutes late or so. Shouldn't matter because they had coordinated months ago trying on shoes to get the right number of shoes to order in the correct sizes and I was in the office when they did that.

Well I show up and there's no women's size 7 shoes left. Find out, someone else, who had selected getting a larger size (like a 7.5 or 8), decided that the size 7 fit them better after trying them on.

So now I have to f*cking wait because there will be a redistribution of the shoes at some point once all the companies send the extra shoes to our company wellness group so HOPEFULLY somewhere else has an extra 7 or 7.5 size women's shoes that then can be sent here for me. But why do I have to be the one to wait??
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 people are so damn rude. 

• @krystrist2014 it's our marketing guy, he did the distribution and was clearly not thinking. Bit what else is new... There are 2 other clothing items that I was promised and never got too. One of which because AGAIN someone wanted a smaller size (my size).

Sometimes I want to quit over this stupid nonsense because there's no urgency to making the situation right.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I know it's Thursday but I need to vent. My WTF is Suntrust. I've used them for years and never had any issues, until now. Recently I lost my debit card (then found it of course, but it was already cancelled), so I called and had a replacement sent. That was on December 21st. They say 5-7 days so I waited, and waited (thinking it was holiday delay), and kept waiting... Finally Monday I called and they sent me another one with expedited shipping... by today at the latest. STILL NO CARD!!! UGHHHHHHH. 

I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and have to pay an arm and a leg, but I don't have the full amount yet until my paycheck hits tonight. However, since I have no card I have to go into a branch to pull out money. Appointment is at 8:15 and Suntrust doesn't open til freaking 9 o'clock. So, now I have to have my husband put it on his credit card, then go to the branch after when I am all doped up and in pain to pull out the cash, to give to him, to put on his card, to pay the credit card.

WT actual F. Thanks Suntrust for making this so easy for me :angry:
  • @bserena how annoying! I would tell them that they are going to pay the interest on the credit charge for every day after the appointment you have to wait! They might not pay but they might start taking this seriously. Smh. 
  • @krystrist2014 thats a really good idea actually! I'm going to use that when I call on my break. So frustrating. It's been 3 weeks. And they send us mail all of the time so they definitely have the correct address, ugh. I wonder if it has something to do with their merger with BB&T.