Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL 1/6/-1/12/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: TTCAL 1/6/-1/12/19

• i am printing out this quote @NYTino24!!!  also found this great thing on FB of all places this weekend (tried to put in spoiler but way too long so here is link to article: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/analogy-perfectly-explains-why-t-193141702.html )

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 MMC last month

How are things going? last week was rough but after a really good weekend i am feeling well

What is something that you are struggling with this week? too soon to tell!!

What is going well for you this week? lots of work and nothing terribly exciting

R/R? DH bought us a couples massage that we enjoyed yesterday.  it was his way of trying to help us relax and it was really sweet!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? i have my followup next week

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell?  when someone can initiate a conversation i can usually jump in.  i like if they are talking about themselves first and i can ask questions then divulge as followup

• @asf0613 I agree this quote is good! Thanks @NYTino24.  
    @asf0613 the couples massage sounds nice! We did one over a year ago. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. TFMR in October

How are things going? Fine. I think the TFMR really jaded me for pregnancies. Obviously I want to have success SOOOO badly, but knowing how shit can go south so quickly it's not even worth symptom spotting or getting my hopes up. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? *TW my BFF and I were two weeks apart. She's totally showing and had maternity pictures done. I die a little bit inside all of the time when I'm with her. I'm trying to focus on our friendship and our living children's friendship but it's so hard to feel like someone else has exactly what you want. ** ENDTW

What is going well for you this week? Embracing 2020 because 2019 was not my year. We started a "good moments" jar and I have a bunch of paper and a pen near it so I can write down good things that happen to us and next NYE we can read it. I think it would have been pretty empty last year, but I'm going to focus on small good things and big good things :)

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Probably will test Saturday. I wish I could wait for AF but I decided to use my progesterone again this cycle so I'll have to test and know if I need to stop it. 

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell? Alcohol. JK.. but for real. 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Loading the player...
  • @flinstone-2 I’m so sorry. I understand what you’re going through with you BFF. My BFF and I were TTC together, and we both had early MC around the same time. But then she got a BFP that stuck and mine didn’t. I was supposed to see her over Christmas and I was having such a tough time that I bailed. I still feel really bad about it, but if I’m not in the right mindset to be happy for her, it’s better for us both for me to avoid...
  • @flinstone-2 - I'm so sorry you're feeling jaded. I'm right there with you, friend. My friend and I were just over 3 weeks apart and I've had to distance myself from her. It's been easy since I no longer intern where she works, but we're still friends on FB and I don't want to not be friends because of this. It's just so damn hard.

@asf0613 - I'm sorry you've found yourself here. I know how it feels to want to get right back into the swing of things with TTGP right away, but give yourselves some time to heal and process everything you've been through. Others advised me of the same thing when I went through my recent loss, and I kinda shrugged it off at first, but it started to make more sense the longer it took my body to bounce back.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MMC Oct. 2019

How are things going? I'm back to work today after the holidays and convalescent leave from my D&C on Dec. 20th. I feel a bit reinvigorated and ready to take on the challenges that the new year holds. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Dude, what's with all the peggies this week? Holy crap. And I noticed a lost of post removals for TOU violations of regs on this board - I hope Bump Admin didn't bring down the banhammer on my homies!

What is going well for you this week? Now that grad school is officially over, I have all this time to actually do stuff I like (peppered in with household stuff I had been neglecting for far too long). I can actually maintain a relatively clean home and still have time for going running, doing puzzles, reading, and taking baths. Dude. I love this.

R/R? Nah. None so far.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Post-op appt with my doc yesterday where she cleared me to return to work and exercise. Still waiting on the results of the 2cm polyp they removed from my uterus during the D&C before she clears us to begin TTGP again. She also provided me with a list of labs for us to complete for our RE referral, so it's looking like that'll be the next step for us on this journey. Given our ages and how long we've been TTC now, she felt it's best to get a jump-start on all of that.

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell? WINE

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early miscarriage at 5 weeks December '18, CP July '19

How are things going? Well, my chart is wonky because I had a cold when AF started and was also on vacation. That messed with my temps so a clear O shift isn't visible. So I am not sure when I ovulated. I did the trigger shot a week ago, so I definitely did O. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Like I said above, not having a clear O date is making me anxious. I'm also feeling bloated and gross from all the holiday treats. 

What is going well for you this week? I am usually crazy-itchy after O, but so far I'm fine. I went back to work after 2 weeks off for the holidays and I'm surprised that it was so easy to get back into the routine.

R/R? I got a lot of Amazon gift cards for Christmas so I ordered a few things that I am looking forward to being delivered. You know you're an adult when you are excited about a new electric tea kettle! 🤣

Any testing coming up/any recent results? The results from my monitoring u/s last Tuesday were in the portal today. 8 measurable follies, but my lining was less than 4mm, so I am worried about that. 

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell? Wine and talking about my hobbies (theatre, knitting, baking, etc.).

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.     MMC in late Nov, found out in early Dec (almost 9 wks)

Status:   I'm still waiting for my first AF since the MC.  It's been 32 days since I took the Misoprostol (day after I found out). My normal cycles are about 30 days, so I'm hoping things move along soon so we can start trying again. I don't believe I have ovulated yet since I tested for 2 weeks straight starting day 13 but now I'm testing every couple days.  So I'm not sure if my body is skipping the egg this month and going right to AF or if this cycle is taking WAY longer than I thought. It's hard to be patient...

How are things going?   Everything considered, pretty well.  I've adjusted back to work and I'm actually exercising 3-4 times per week, plus yoga videos 2-3 times per week. I started in mid-December and already I have more energy and my back pain disappeared.  I'm still eating whatever isn't nailed down, but exercise is a start. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week?  Avoiding afternoon snacking. 

What is going well for you this week?  upping my cardio game thanks to Lizzo and Billie Eilish

R/R? I bought my plane tickets to visit my mom in Nashville next month!

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  nope

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell?  I'm extroverted when I teach but introverted otherwise, so I guess being in front of a group of kids.  And alcohol.  Not at the same time :-)

• @asf0613 Couples massage sounds amazing, how thoughtful!  I agree with you about having friends that can start the conversations. I'm friends with a few loud, outgoing chicks for that very reason :wink:
  • I have been dreading February coming and trying to avoid it because I would have been delivering in 5 weeks. My anxiety is so bad these last few days. I will come back later this week, but I need a break to get my head on straight. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 so many hugs, friend. Take all the time you need. We'll be here. 💚

• @NYTino24 understood on that and hoping you get through the week with a clear head!  I had to make a dentist appointment and based on availability i had to schedule it for what would have been my due date.  it took everything in my power not to immediately start crying at the front desk
  • @dancingtreepose - If you don't mind me asking, how many days has it been since your bleeding has stopped? That can help you figure out how your cycle is going after a loss. And also, have you been temping?

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 7 weeks Nov, 2019 

How are things going? Pretty good so far

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Just still frustrated at my HCG hormone is still hanging on in my system. I just don’t understand why it’s taking sooo long to get to zero. At this point I’m like F*$# it. I’m just not even going to bother watching it go down anymore and obsessing over it. I’m trying to just forget it and move on and spend my time on more positive things. My body is going to do what it’s going to do so I don’t have that control over it. 

What is going well for you this week? Well, it will be my birthday this sat on the 11th so that’s coming up soon :) Excited for that but also sad cause I’m feeling old and feel like my clock is ticking away. I wish I had TTC earlier in my life when I was younger. 

R/R? Really excited that I’m finally waiting to O. It feels like an eternity to get to this point but I’m happy i can finally move forward. I’m just hoping my body will indeed actually O after my MC. I have been starting to use OPKs again so that’s good news but at this same time in my cycle in sept I had O’d early already and had gotten peak fertility right away and the OPK's are all negative right now showing low fertility so I’m confused. Maybe I will O later then I normally do just because of everything my body has been through lately or..NOT at all which does worry me TBH. 🤔 I don’t want to not O at all. 😥

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing right now. Had another beta blood test last Sunday so I’ll prob wait a bit before I have another one at this rate. 

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell? Honestly... Music. I hear a good funky Catchy tune and I’m just dancing my heart out like a fool lol Makes me happy.  

@asf0613 I’m so very sorry for your recent loss last month ❤️ That was nice of YH to buy you guys couple massages. Hope it helped you relax a bit. Wish my DH would go for couple massage but hates them and doesn’t like to be touched by people so. 🤷‍♀️

@flintstone-2 sorry about your struggle with your BFF. That’s tough especially when it’s a person you like and care about but they have everything that you want. I understand that feeling. I like your idea of the doing the “good moments” jar. I saw that somewhere and thought about doing that too 😁 I Think it’s a really cool idea. It will be fun on NYE to go through and read them all. I hope your jar will be full this year. 

@emeraldduchess I love my electric tea kettle and use it all the time 😆 sorry your feeling gross and bloated from all the holiday treats. 

@NYTino24 sending you lots of hugs. ❤️❤️ Do what’s best for you. 

@dancingtreepose Nashville sounds like fun. I’ve never been there. I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your mom next month. I know the feeling of it being hard to be patient. I was in the same boat. I just recently on Dec 30th got my first AF after my MC and it took WAY longer then I thought as well. Hang in there, it will happen soon. 

• @mindyb2019 - I know our situations were different, but it took 8 weeks for my HCG level to drop back down. Granted, I was at over 100,000 mIU/mL at the time of my loss, but yeah, it took a good long while and it was totally aggravating.

• @ttcbabyodo see, I could totally see it taking 8 weeks cause your numbers were sooo high and that makes sense to me as it takes time to get out of your system. For me... it’s been 8 weeks so far and my numbers were only at 30,555. 🤔 makes no sense. Should be long gone by now and it’s not. I agree it’s totally aggravating. I’m so sorry it took so long for yours to go down too. I feel your pain. 
  • Wow, how aggravating! Yeah, I don't blame you for being frustrated at this point. Like, WTF body? Get with it.

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 01/19 & at 5 weeks (CP) in 08/19

How are things going? Doing ok. We had a good time over the holidays, and I wasn’t too triggered with being around family...but now it’s back to reality and constantly thinking about my cycle! 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? The fact that I was pregnant this time last year, granted I had already started spotting and my betas were doing weird things (they went down and then back up before plummeting)...but now it’s a year later (+ a second loss), and I’m still trying to hold on to hope but it’s getting harder & harder at this point! 

What is going well for you this week? We have committed to being healthier this year, and so far we are doing a good job! 

R/R? This has been a really long week already...and it’s only Wednesday! But, the weather has been unseasonably warm for January, so I’ll take it! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Testing tomorrow or Friday, but really not holding out much hope at this point. 

GTKY: What makes you come out of your shell? Honestly just the more I get to know someone. I also do better in one-on-one interactions...I shut down in a group (IRL...I feel like I’ve done a pretty ok job about opening up on here)! 

@asf0613 that couples massage sounds like a nice way to relax, glad you enjoyed it! 

@flinstone-2 so sorry you are feeling jaded...it’s so easy to do after loss, especially knowing that it could happen again and we have no control over it! Sending hugs your way! 💜 I love the “good moments” jar idea...I hope it helps you to focus on the positive! And I so hope 2020 is a much better year for you! 

@ttcbabyodo I hope getting back to work has been an easy adjustment! That is so wonderful you are finding yourself with more time to do things around the house, and things that you want to do! I’m so sorry that you find yourself starting with fertility testing, but I hope you find some answers and that 2020 will be your year!! 

@emeraldduchess I’m sorry for the confusion this cycle...I hope the thinner lining is not an issue and this cycle leads you to your THB! The electric tea kettle sounds nice...definitely something to be excited about! 

@dancingtreepose I hope your cycle regulates soon...waiting is so hard when all you want to do is start trying again! Good for you for making healthy changes!! It feels so good to take control of something when you feel like so much is out of your control! 

@NYTino24 sending so many hugs your way!! 💜 This is all so dang unfair!! Take all the time you need! 

@mindyb2019 I’m so sorry you still have the frustration of HCG not zeroing out yet! I hope your cycle returns to normal, but cycle’s AL can definitely be weird! Hopefully your O is just delayed and your body will get back on track & you will in fact O! 

• Thanks for the love, guys. I know better than to look at the grad check in. I just miss some of those ladies a lot and then end up doing that “should have been” thing that benefits no one. I’m also having FOMO about the grad group. A few years ago we had one and a couple of our long time TTC non grads joined, too. *hint* I will do some catching up today on the rest of this thread and the IF one today if I can. I just need it to be like Friday at noon so we have all of our answers.

• @NYTino24 the FOMO is definitely real. 💚 
  • Ugh, I need to vent. So yesterday at work I was in the bathroom and then washing my hands. One of our care aids/nurses was in the other bathroom stall when I was washing my hands and she’s says to me.. Are you pregnant Mindy? I said.. pardon me? She said again are you pregnant? I’m like uhhh noooo.. am I supposed to be? she’s like ohh not yet eh? I’m like nope, still working on it.. She has no idea that I even had a MC cause I don’t talk to her about that kind of stuff. All she knows is that I got married recently last year and am wanting to have kids but it made me really sad when she asked that 😭😭 oh the answers I wanted to say to her. Its kinda random to ask someone. In my head I’m like wow thanks lady like if you only had any idea.💔 Like NO I’m not pregnant but thanks for the giant reminder. 😥 
  • @mindyb2019 wow. I am so, so sorry that happened to you. Why do people feel they can ask questions like that? It's so intrusive and triggering. So many hugs to you. 💚 
  • @emeraldduchess thanks girl💕  I have no idea why people feel the need to ask these type of questions. It’s like really?? 😒 

• @ttcbabyodo Sorry you've had the same issues... After finding out I had a MMC, I took Misoprostol on Dec. 6th and bled for a full week, so it ended about 3.5 weeks ago. My midwife warned me this was not considered a "true period" and it would be unpredictable as to when my cycle would come again. But for some reason I really believed I would ovulate in 2 weeks and get AF 2 weeks later. I think I try to move on quickly as a defense mechanism or something. I had originally wanted to try again right away, before I even had a natural period but I guess my body didn't give me that choice. Maybe for the best. Buuuut, things are looking up for me now.  AF came yesterday so it looks like we can start trying again soon.
  • @mindyb2019 Wow, I thought everyone over the age of 7 knows you should never ask a woman if she's pregnant!!

@ttcbabyodo I've been putting off trying to temp because I normally wake up too early (like 3 or 4 am) then fall back asleep before getting up at 5:30. I hear that can throw your temp off. Do sleep issues mess with your temps in your experience?