Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY - High School Edition

kpearse99kpearse99 member
edited January 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant

So...Who were you in high school? What group or groups were you apart of? What activities did you do or sports did you play? 
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: GTKY - High School Edition

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I haven't changed much in appearance since HS either!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @legendairymomma I love that you and YH dated in 9th grade!

@flowntheloop I think it's so awesome you and YH were named in the same category and that you've known each other since 7th grade!

@emeraldduchess and @gingermama29 what musicals did you do in HS? @bows22 What shows did you play for? In Middle School and High School I've done Anything Goes, Irene, Lucky Stiff, The Boyfriend, Grease, Once Upon a Mattress and Music Man!

Does anyone still talk to anyone from your HS? Other than being FB acquaintances with HS people and keeping up with them through social media, I occasionally will touch base with one or two friends but other than that, we have not kept in touch. MH is still really good friends with like his entire HS group. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 we did Secret Garden, Anything Goes, Grease, 42nd Street, and Joseph and the Amazing a Technicolor Dreamcoat.
  • I was a complete mess towards the end of high school. I had three best girl friends throughout high school, and am still friends with all of them today. They all were my bridesmaids in my wedding as well. One of them I'm not as close with anymore, but the other two I talk at least a couple times a month and I visit them when I am in town. I played lacrosse for two years but was terrible so mostly sat on the bench  :D and cheered for two years but hated it. I was good in school but didn't enjoy it. Junior and Senior year I dated a guy who was a terrible influence and ended up in some trouble, but thankfully that is all behind me! I hated high school for the most part. I never had a ton of friends but I guess my "group" would've been the outcast type kids (you know, smoking cigarettes behind the building at lunch, lol!). I do not miss it one bit!
  • @kpearse99 - I don't really talk regularly with anyone from HS. I'm FB friends with a few of them, but they were the ones to friend request me. Honestly, I have a hard time even remembering their names, but that's mainly because I moved away from my hometown when I was 17 and haven't even visited the county that I grew up in in over 12 years. MH on the other hand can rattle off the names of TONS of his classmates from high school. It astounds me. Granted, his graduating class was like ten times bigger than mine, but still. He's good friends still with a number of his classmates who we see every year at his parents' Christmas Eve party.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @bluetickgal sounds like me, you and @bows22 were very similar in HS and are very similar now! We'd be BFF's in real life! haha
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99. My husband and I got married right out of college and we invited some of our high school friends to the wedding.  They nicknamed themselves "The Kids Table" at our wedding.  Since then, the Kids Table gets together a couple times a year normally at weddings or around the holidays.  Our group has expanded greatly as spouses and families have come along.  I am better friends with the kids that I didn't know so much in high school but went to the same college.   
  • I went to a very small private school so there were no “popular crowds” just different groups of people. @kpearse my graduating class was a tiny fraction of yours - only 51! I feel like I changed up the groups I hung with at least 3 times over the 4 years as I tried to find where I really fit. Since it was a super academic focused atmosphere, seemingly full of child prodigies, I never felt like I was able to keep up. I struggled academically - to the point that for one season I was put on academic probation which prevented me from playing volleyball.
    I started both the Volleyball and Basketball teams and my school and they still exist to this day. I was the captain of both teams at one point, which is honestly not saying much because we weren’t particularly good. Lol. But we had lots of fun and playing is definitely some of my fondest memories from HS.
    I dated the same guy for the age of 12 to 18. We got engaged the March before graduation but I wound up breaking it off by July when I came to my senses (I was going on to college in Canada and he never finished high school and couldn’t seem to keep a job). 
    I do keep in touch with exactly 4 people from my high school and 3 of my best friends from middle school who went to a different HS than me. 

• I was a total music geek in high school.  I was in the band, jazz band, and full orchestra. I also sang in all the groups.  I did participate in one of the plays, but I was always so shy, it took my until senior year to jump out of my shell.  I dated my husband sophomore year on, so I was always with him and our group of friends.  

@kpearse99 I do talk to some people from high school, but mostly the people that both my husband and I hung with. I grew up in a smallish city, and we (being most of my friends) always said we would move to Boston when we graduated from college.  DH and I were the only ones who moved away and stayed away. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @kpearse99 @bows22 yes...I think we would totally be best friends IRL! ☺️
  • holy moly @the_road_to_oz !!!! Such a bad ass!! Our pasts are what make us who we are today, I hope you are proud of the person you have become! I am so sorry for the friends you have lost <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 we did Fame, Anything Goes, Once on this Island, Grease, and Will Rogers Follies. I also did the non-musical plays. I'm a stronger dancer and actor than I am singer, so I was always more excited for the fall play than the spring musical. BTW, I went to a Catholic high school, so Fame and Grease had a LOT of editing. Fame basically had the same character names and one or two songs, but that was it (no swearing, no sex, no drugs, etc.)! I was glad I kept up with theatre through college and I still do community theatre when I have the chance. Haven't been cast in the last 4 shows I auditioned for though. Boo. 
  • Oyf. High school. Not my favorite. I had a lot going on in my life and honestly just couldn't relate to so many of the kids in my school. I'm still friends with just a small few (started dating DH in HS so at least that worked out). No regrets on my end.  
  • I went to an all girls catholic school that temporarily went co-ed after hurricane katrina, which was certainly an interesting experience looking back. I was a huge nerd (was/still am) but my friend group was not the really nerdy girls. Mostly just the type who hung out at starbucks after school and thought we were cool for drinking coffee. I was stage director for the theater club one year, but definitely not a performer! 
  • I seemed to get along with most people in high school.  I was smart but not nerdy.  I was involved in way too many clubs and activities.  I played varsity soccer, but I quit after getting injured.  I had three different part time jobs to try to save money for college, but I always found time to hang out with my friends.  My friends from high school are still my best friends today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emeraldduchess and @kpearse99 Ooooh add me to the drama club too. 😁 I was in all the schools plays and traveled around doing little skits and shows from drama class. I loved it! I also loved art and sewing and was all part of those clubs as well. 
    I was mostly friends with all the guys in high school and mostly hung around with them as a lot of the girls didn’t like me as they seen me as a threat and hated me as they thought I would steal their BFs lol or the guys they had a crush on liked me. I had a small group of girlfriends and we were close. We had the snobby clicky girl group in high school and I really didn’t want to be part of that and wasn’t my kinda thing. I loved high school but it was a really tough time for me as my mom was really sick with breast cancer and then died when I was in grade 10 so I had move high schools after that and trying to fit in and make new friends etc was not the easiest when your grieving at age 16. I felt so alone. I’m still friends with a lot of people from high school and one of my guys friends from school came to my wedding last year in Las Vegas and we still talk everyday. 
  • @inthewoods23 I also look exactly the same, in fact, I have my whole life. Lol 

@kpearse99 I was also someone who was friends with everyone, I had a hand in all the groups. I place many sports: softball, soccer, volleyball, swim team. I was in basic average classes and got okay grades but had friends who were in super high honors college prep classes. I hung out at football games on Friday nights, and went to school plays And band concerts to watch my friends perform. I was pretty well rounded I think. Two of my current best friends are my best friends from growing up, my MOH and I have been best friends since 5th grade and my other long term best friend and I met in the 10th grade, she was new to the school from out of state, and was put between my friend and I in a class to prevent us from talking, and instead we just talked to her 😂 I dated here and there, but didn’t have my first real relationship until I started college. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• I’m late to all the posts this week! I can relate to what so many of you wrote. The teenage years—oof! Thank God they don’t last forever. 

I was good at high school but don’t like even thinking about it. I’d never want to do it over again. I fit in everywhere but felt like I never quite found my place. I did all the sports, all the arts, led many clubs, class prez, was in the advanced classes but bored. My tightest friend group was one of the sports teams I was on & I became team captain. Some of us are still close. Mostly I was critical of what I saw around me (Catholic school rules) & felt rebellious a lot. But I had a ton of responsibility (multiple jobs outside of school because we were poor) and was always busy. Glad it kept me out of trouble. I had a few very close friends all through school from elementary through college that I’m still close with today. Most of my small graduating class is all friends on FB. 
  • Following up on this thread: did anyone attend their class reunion? If so, how did that go?

I did not attend my ten-year class reunion, and I have no regrets. 1) It took place the same month that I moved from Florida to Virginia (I went to HS in Washington state) so logistically it just wasn't feasible, and 2) it took place in a small banquet room above a bar/restaurant and it was super casual (jeans & t-shirt). If I'm going to pay out the ass to fly coast to coast and for a hotel room, I want to dress up and show off my husband lol. I was such a late bloomer (I didn't even get boobs until a year after I graduated, and that was only because I went on birth control) and didn't really come out of my shell until well after high school. I was actually bullied quite a lot for being very thin (people would tell me to "go eat a sandwich" or call me "welfare"), and I have since had braces to correct my underbite/crossbite, and thankfully know how to work a flat iron lol. If I'm going to be in a room with those people again, I want to feel good about myself. As we get older, though, I can see that that won't be a problem, so I'm considering attending my 20-year reunion in 2022. We'll see, though.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo I can relate to you on the bullying part. I was also bullied quite a bit too for being too skinny. Other girls would make fun of me and be mean and say..what is wrong with you, Do you ever eat? Go eat a steak!! I feel your pain. people can be so mean and rude. I didn’t go to my 10 year reunion either and don’t have any regrets about it either. I hope you get to strut your stuff and show off at your 20 year reunion 😉 lol 
  • @ttcbabyodo I did not attend my HS reunion. I thought about it but then decided that I didn't really talk to anyone from HS anymore there really wasn't a point to go.
    Our TTC Journey

• @keikilove  I definitely can relate to what you wrote about high school.  For a moment, I thought that I was reading my own post.

@ttcbabyodo  I didn't attend my high school reunion.  I didn't want to spend the money or take the time to fly across the country for a three hour event that was going to be super casual.  It was so casual that I later found out that they changed the location of the event an hour prior to it starting.  I am so glad that I didn't go.

@abarr723  I also look exactly the same as I did in high school!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to our 10 year reunion and it was a little weird.  The girl organizing it was expecting a much bigger crowd, so she bought lots of alcohol.  Only a handful of people showed up and most of them I had stayed in contact with.  The only other people who showed up had never left our hometown.  The organizer invited her siblings to come and drink/eat.  The sister got super drunk and was majorly hitting on everyone there.  I had to intervene when she was getting too friendly with my husband.  I also DDed a bunch of drunk people home.  All in all, it was fun; but we probably could have ordered some pizzas and hung out in someone's basement.  It would have been cheaper and easier to plan.  I know it was a huge headache for the organizer and she didn't make enough to cover all her expenses.  We all chipped in a little extra to help her out afterwards.   
  • @kpearse99 Outside of being Facebook friends, I am really only in touch with my one close friend that I mentioned above. Oh and one other friend that ended up living in the same part of our city that I do, we talk on FB messenger about local stuff sometimes. But I do like that Facebook exists because I know I could reach out to anyone for anything, but that might be because we are from a small town. 

@ttcbabyodo I didn’t go to my 10 year, my friend’s husband planned a night out for us for her birthday as a surprise and he was so excited about it I couldn’t tell him I had other plans. Plus I had not met DH yet/wasn’t seeing anyone and I felt awkward going alone. Your question made me realize that my 20 year reunion would be next year 😱. I will definitely consider going. I don’t think DH will want to, but he would do it if I asked. I guess we will see. 
  • I organized my 10-year reunion, so clearly I had to go hahaha. It was great. Someone else planned our 20-year and only a handful of us showed up—not even 20 people in the private room at the restaurant. But it was awesome. We all realized we like each other much better now than when we were all judgmental hormonal self-centered little brats in HS. I encourage everyone to go to at least one of theirs, because you might be pleasantly surprised.