Trying to Get Pregnant

New Year, New Resolutions / Goals Check-in w/o 1.6

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: New Year, New Resolutions / Goals Check-in w/o 1.6

• What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?: I'm back on keto, which is wayyy better for me mentally. I also have been heavily using my planner to keep me organized and in control with all of my IVF stuff. MH looked at my page for last week this morning and literally said "whoa!" not sure if it was because of all of the things I have to think about/remember at any given moment, or if it was my spectacular use of color and stickers :D 

How's everything going? Ok, I'm not sure where I'm going to fall on fitness this week - I'm feeling a little blah and wheezy, so running may not be my smartest idea right now. Hoping I feel better soon! 

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? I'm feeling pretty good about 2020, so nothing right now beyond this regular check-in!

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I ran twice last week, including in the rain on Saturday (which, in retrospect, may be part of why I'm wheezy today :D

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Primarily I am trying to work out (do yoga) since I really haven't for.. well ever. Otherwise I'm trying to improve my mental health!

How's everything going? Fine, feeling good at actually making things happen this year!

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? How many times do I need to do yoga before I stop feeling like I'm dying? 😆 Told you haven't worked out in a looking time

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I did 2 short videos of Yoga with Adriene yesterday and it was not bad even though it kicked my ass! I started off with a 6 minute video for "reconnecting with your core" and man was that a mistake 😆 yes I struggled. But then I did a 10 minute one for neck, shoulder, and upper back pain and that was much easier and nice. Going to try out another video tonight hopefully!

If you guys have any ideas of other things for this thread just let me know. I basically copied the Healthy Habits thread and added the question to ask questions for help achieving our goals. Maybe I'll add a section of "what's motivating you this week" and "what's causing you to struggle". Thoughts?

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Getting back into an exercise routine that I can feel good about. I was doing really good for awhile and I think I've really backed off when the IUI's started, but I need to get back into it. I feel so much better after a solid workout, so I need to stop making excuses. I'm also working on being kinder to myself... having more patience with myself...and not focusing on things that are out of my control.

How's everything going? So far so good! I started back at the gym today on my lunch break and I feel so good and so motivated to keep it going! I think my plan is to always do 20 minutes on the treadmill and then focus on upper or lower body on alternating days. I need to focus on toning my muscles!

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? Anyone have any good mantras that they are trying to stick with that could help with my mental thinking of being kinder and more patient with myself?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Well, last week I didn't work out at all and this week I've got one session in  :D so I'll call that a win!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mvt2003 what if you did some walking/power walking, instead of running? Or some strength training?

@inthewoods23 I should check out these short yoga videos! That one about neck, shoulder and upper back pain sounds like it could do me some major good!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Blech strength training :D:D:D:D MH looooves it, we have an entire lifting set up in the basement. I would much rather power walk! :D 

• @mvt2003 I totally understand haha I used to feel the same way about running as you do about strength training! I have the Aaptiv app which has really helped me learn to love running. The couches talk to you through the music and tell you what to do and when and for how long and for how fast! They have a whole bunch of strength training classes too that I really love because again, they are telling you what to do. It's really like they are in the room with you as your personal trainer!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I use Aaptiv too! I love it for elliptical and spin classes too! I should use it more for strength, but wahhhh I don't wanna. :D 

• @mvt2003 who are your favorite trainers?! Kenta is my go to for strength training - he really has a great way to lay out the workouts so that they don't get boring. and I LOVE John for cardio! He's really the one that has sparked a love for cardio in me!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I love John too, also love Katie for elliptical! 

• Does anyone have a Peloton? 
  • @kpearse99 @mvt2003 you guys have piqued my interest, I'll have to check out the app!

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? I am trying to be better at keeping our home clean, I am bad at leaving it all until the weekend and then having a ton to do. Also, trying to cook at home more, we spend so much eating out! I'd love to start exercising again as well, but I am notoriously bad at it. 

How's everything going? Going well! DH & I went to Walmart last week and got some under-the-bed storage bins and I went through our entire closet and packed stuff away. We came up with a huge box of clothes to donate too between the two of us, so that felt good. 

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? Nothing right now! Just trying my best to stick to my goals.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Definitely getting our closet organized, it was a big task but it feels so good finally having it done.

• What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Getting physically in better shape. Re-started weight watchers and training for a 10k.

How's everything going? Meh? I was doing OK last week then work was stressful today and I binge age peppermint bark...

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? I need someone to come to my house and dispose of all Christmas candy, because I clearly have no willpower! Takers? 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I actually ran! Hadn’t done that since November, so I am counting it as a win.

@kpearse99 and @mvt2003 I have tried Aaptiv a while ago, but I found the trainer slightly annoying. Any suggestions for a running coach? 

@willashbaby I was briefly obsessed with the idea of the Peloton tread, but then the rational part of my brain (cough DH cough) took over, so sadly no. But I still wish I did! 

• @fitzfizz which coach did you use when you had Aaptiv? The running ones I like are John and Ackeem but they have a new girl names Casey that I’ve heard good things about and also Meg was a favorite of people’s. She’s no longer with the company but they still have her running programs.

@willashbaby DH and I want a peloton but we have zero space for it. 
    Our TTC Journey

• What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Trying to get healthier overall...DH and I both committed to working out at least 5 of the 7 days each week, no sweets or fast food, and just trying to eat healthier in general (no specific diet, but we are limiting carbs & dairy).  

How's everything going? Doing pretty well so far, we have worked out everyday since Friday (either walking or elliptical)! We had our last fast food meal for the foreseeable future on Sunday! 

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? Can’t think of anything right now, but I can see that this thread will help to keep me motivated! Thanks for starting this!! 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? We started back working out on Friday, and have kept it up ever since! 

@mvt2003@kpearse99 maybe I need to try out this Aaptiv app! What kind of things do they do for elliptical? Our elliptical is old and it’s difficult to change resistance during a workout...so don’t know how much it would help if that’s what it has you do. 

@fitzfizz we ended up throwing out the leftover Christmas candy. There wasn’t a ton left and it was somewhat symbolic of a fresh start, but maybe you can just pitch it today?

• @bluetickgal I seriously love this app! I have free trial passes if you want to PM me your email address. It's $99 a year, which seems like a lot, but if you think about it... it's WAY cheaper than a gym membership! They have all different types of elliptical workouts, you can search the workouts by resistance or by speed. The workouts can be done on an elliptical that has moving handle bars or ones that don't. They really are very versatile. 

AFM - I got my second day of workouts in, and I'm very proud of myself!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 ok, sounds like it’s worth a shot! We don’t actually pay for a gym membership now...but if we really want to commit to this, it sounds like this could help! Thanks lady! And yay for getting your second workout in this week!
  • @fitzfuzz I threw away all our Christmas treats on New Years Day. I cannot handle temptation! I told DH that, if he wants to keep it in the house, he has to hide it from me.

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? I'm switching careers and focusing on getting my personal trainer certification, which is something I've been passionate about since high school. I started studying last week and I've been studying for ~2 hours per day. 

How's everything going? So far, so good!

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? The biggest obstacle is time management. I have a lot of free time at work (hence why I'm bored and switching careers), but it's so hard to get it done on the weekends.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I went to the gym and didn't feel intimidated by the big guys in the weight room. Now, I just remind myself we have different training goals.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @kpearse99 @bluetickgal and @mamasloth I am happy to report that I brought all Christmas candy to work and pawned it off on coworkers. Calling it a win!
  • What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

I'm a cliche, diet, exercise, maintain house better, etc. Trying to maintain diet this week, I'm having pain and swelling issues, so not much exercise.

How's everything going? Defenitly an Eh week. I'm in pain and work on my feet.

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? I am off Friday so I think that will be a good day to get back on track.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Ooooh I hardly remember last week though that may be because I'm pulling an unexpected 16 hour shift and it's 0430. I think my first 3 diet days were good.