April 2020 Moms

Nurserys/ Baby Rooms

Totally Early- but has anyone started thinking themes or colors or anything fun?!?!
Registering for decor or Etsy favorites?
Please don't let me be the only one!!

TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Nurserys/ Baby Rooms

• If baby is a boy we are going space. Less aliens, more stars and constellations/ planets. 
    Girl- no idea. DD had an underwater theme but now her room is a purple/grey theme with mermaid bedding. 

*TW* we hadn't put the crib together for Spencer- our son we lost- and the dresser was not used, so we will use those as they match our daughters but I told DH I can't leave them as is- bc they were Spencer's so, I plan to paint and change the handles on it all to match room theme. *End TW*
    Also both kids had a special hospital swaddle so I will order this babe one, once we know theme. DD was Pineapple, DS was Harry Potter. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • When we decorated DS's we decorated it in a way that I felt would be ok for a girl or boy. DS will move into a new bedroom and baby will get this one. We have it painted gray with a Lion King theme on the walls. If baby is a girl, I may add more girly sheets, changing pad covers, and swaddles, but most will not need updating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! We haven’t even decided if baby is getting his/her own room or sharing with DS. I also have a bunch of furniture in my guest room right now that would work so well for a girl. If baby is a boy, I may need to just get rid of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @smallbutmighty77 Math/science nerd here. Space is a great theme for boys or girls! I'd totally go for it either way.

At least at first, we're going to have the crib in our room, so decoration will be pretty minimal. We haven't thought about it yet. Our son had forest animals, and now that he has his own room, it's rocket ship themed. We'll either have to have the two kids share, or we'll be moving, so no concrete plans for this one yet.
  • Our theme will be the same whether it's a boy or a girl. We're doing a weather theme so sun, clouds, rainbows. There's some really cute stuff on Etsy and I can't wait to decorate!
  • I'm not very girly and DDs underwater room was pretty workable either way so I'll probably keep space just make the decal or decor lean a bit one way or the other. We don't go crazy with theme- usually just some bedding, decal and a few accessories so...
    I think bc we were totally decorated for DD even though she was in our room for 3mos, and we hadn't decorated at all for DS- some deep false fear is that not decorating was us knowing he wouldn't come home or something so we promised to have this room ready to go. Like an ability to say 'we're ready...we promise' so.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Likely the same as we did for our first baby - white and grey.  And then will accent with colours depending if it’s a boy or a girl.  My entire house is pretty much white, so this will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me. 
  • We have a few ideas. If it's a boy we will go with a mountain/woods theme. For a girl, we will do something similar to DD's room which is a floral theme. I don't like anything overly babyish, DD's nursery has pieces in it that can easily grow into childhood with her. Her bedding is from Little Unicorn and I will definitely be buying from them again. I love their patterns and everything has held up amazing.

Here is the pattern we chose for DD, everything in her room is coral/cream/white.

• The room that will be LO’s room is currently painted pink, so we may be painting once we find out the gender. I want to incorporate sloths somehow, so I’m thinking about doing a jungle/tropical theme. The main thing I’ll be picking out is the fabric for the quilt my mom will be making. DS’s nursery theme was woodland critters and she made the cutest quilt! I’ve already found a sloth quilt pattern, so I just need to pick out fabric. 

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Already making moves because we need to clear out the guest room and refinish furniture to match the crib we already have. I want to sand/paint the furniture BEFORE it gets too cold since we have to do it all in the garage. 

I’m totally convinced this baby is a boy for some reason so I’m thinking vintage airplane theme. Color scheme would be beige, blue and white. I want to get a huge world map for this big wall in the room. 

If this baby is actually a girl, no clue! I would want to incorporate purple because I already have lilac curtains I want to use somewhere...

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• We’re going with a travel theme, but haven’t looked too much into how we’ll make it all come together 
  • Bringing this thread back as we’ve all had more time to start thinking about/working on it. 

We are doing a woodland creatures theme. DH really wanted to do it with DS, but I fell in love with a specific bedding set that was puppies and sports. So, this time it’s woodland creatures. We will be putting baby in what is now our guest room. I want to paint the walls lavender. We also ordered a wooden sign with her name on it to hang over the crib. Amazon has these prints of woodland animals wearing flowers on their heads. I was thinking of that. Also, may go a bit off theme and hang a Disney Princess on the wall. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I'm looking at animal prints to do in the basement play area! I think I'm getting mine off Etsy.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • I stuck with the vintage airplane as a starting point and have started to buy things here and there. 

I bought his crib blanket that will arrive this week. I can’t wait to see it, I’m in love with the print and this shop makes the SOFTEST blankets ever. DD has one and its her favorite. 

Decided we will go with grey and navy blue sheets/changing pad cover from Target and a cheap crib skirt from Amazon so nothing fancy besides the blanket as far as bedding goes. 

His name sign arrived last Friday and I love it except now that we aren’t refinishing the furniture for the nursery, I think the stain I picked clashes with the stain for the dresser. I may attempt to paint it but I don’t want to mess it up either so for now I’m sitting on what to do. Other little things that arrived are the crib mobile, curtains, and his going home outfit 

We are at a stand still until I or MH can touch up the wall paint and paint the ceiling (we had repair work done) then we can start assembling the crib, move in the dresser, etc. we actually need to have that done by next weekend since we need to crib for when my SIL and her baby come to visit. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @mercury94 we are doing a woodland theme as well and have those same prints in my cart! We painted the walls pink and will order a mural for behind the crib
  • We haven’t decided on a theme or if we’ll go with a theme. We don’t know what genders we are having yet but their room has 2 walls a light lavender and 2 walls a light mint green. We’ll end up getting blackout curtains once we know genders and will probably stick with gender neutral if we end up with boy/girl twins and the decor will fall into place later as well. 

*tw* we picked those colors for our DD that we lost so we wanted to keep them for her twin siblings to enjoy as the mint/lavender combo turned out really cute. 
  • We're in a 1 bedroom apartment and likely won't move until after baby is born, but I do want to do one special thing for what I'm calling Baby Corner. There is a huge artisan show coming here in two weeks and I want to go choose an art piece that is just for baby to go above their crib. If I don't find one there that I love, there is also an artist on Etsy that does beautiful prints featuring bumblebees with red balloons, so I might order one from them and frame it. I'm also going to get a really nice glider. We've been needing an armchair in the living room anyway, so the glider will go there instead and I am fully claiming it.
  • @ejoseph16 I love the idea of a Seuss theme! Really whimsical and fun!
  • These ideas all sound great! It's fun to design a whole room.
    DS's nursery was done in ocean and night sky based off the Disney short movie La Luna. So it's pretty neutral in grey/gold/blue. I might put the rug in his big kid room and get a new green one. Trade out the Navy for green? 
    We have to build DS's big kid room first from scratch before he can even move out 😬
  • We're moving next year, so we won't be setting up a nursery until then. I am planning on doing a bear/mountain theme with navy/grey/green. I was at a market this weekend and bought a few wall pieces that I am in love with. I am currently on the hunt for a muslin quilt/bedding.
  • I really want to do a mountain theme, since we live in Calgary, Alberta! I think it would be cute! With a lot of neutral colours. We find out gender in a couple of weeks, but I think I will just stick with the neutrals for colours! 
  • Bumping this up! Curious to see others' rooms!
  • We just got these for the walls. Waiting for the second name sign we ordered for her. Still need to paint, too. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 love that canvas!! What a great idea. 
  • @ejoseph16 that is such a beautiful and thoughtful gift!
  • @ejoseph16 That is amazing. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I definitely cried. A lot. It’s so beautiful. She also had 2 5x7’s made for each of us to have at our desks at work. ❤️
  • @babyrummom Love that wall color! Do you remember what it is?
  • We aren't changing the nursery, but I am designing DS's big kid room as like a vintage jungle feel. using this pic as inspiration.

• babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited January 2020
    @babybison
    I think it’s the Wythe blue, but could be Stratton blue from Benjamin Moore. We painted the room 3 years ago with the idea of making it a nursery someday. So it was a good gender neutral color! 
  • Decorating the baby's room stresses me out a little. I'm terrible at decorating, and our house is barely decorated itself. We also are still renting and we really are trying to avoid painting. So I think I am going to do something minimalist - probably something with gold, gray, and blush colors because that seems pretty chill. My mom has bought me a changing table and a really pretty "You Are So Loved" sign to hang in her room so I'm using that to help me start. I feel like I'm probably behind in the nursery prep, but we're still trying to get everything out of the nursery and find new homes for things. There is just never enough time.