1st Trimester

Slow rising HCG.

fullmoon22fullmoon22 member
edited December 2019 in 1st Trimester
So I called my OB/GYN's office asking for betas after a chemical last month after getting a super faint BFP 11 dpo-ish. I did my first beta and it came back "negative". The NP told me to repeat in a week if menses don't start. All week my HPT have been coming back very slightly darker. I have an appt with her in a couple weeks. I've read so much on how slow rising HCG can indicate ectopic. Any opinions?

Re: Slow rising HCG.

• So I called my OB/GYN's office asking for betas after a chemical last month after getting a super faint BFP 11 dpo-ish. I did my first beta and it came back "negative". The NP told me to repeat in a week if menses don't start. All week my HPT have been coming back very slightly darker. I have an appt with her in a couple weeks. I've read so much on how slow rising HCG can indicate ectopic. Here's this morning's with period 9 days late. Any opinions?
    Just an FYI, an administrator will take the pic down, as pics of pee sticks are only allowed in the sticky up on top of the page.

I can see your worry, but I was always told that a line is a line on a pregnancy test, the darkness of it means nothing. As it depends on the dyes used and amount.  At this time, try not to worry and talk with her when you see her again. Or ask if you can come in earlier for another blood draw. 

• I think a line is a line, looks positive to me. I’m 5 days late and had one very faint positive but several negative since this 🤷🏼‍♀️