April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/30

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/30

• Options
    Was able to get out and see a movie with family today which was fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m grouchy tonight. DH has his mom watch DS for a few hours so he could play a game with his friends (who are all also teachers). When I got home from work, his mom was still here, so I sent her home. Texted DH to let him know I was home. He said they were just starting a second game. I thought he’d be done by 6, 7 at the latest, not starting a complicated game at 6 and getting home after DS’s bedtime. Mostly, I’m grouchy because I’m tired and my head hurts. Also because he lectures me when I pick up DS after my OB said not to lift more than 20 pounds, but he obviously thinks it’s fine for me to carry the kid up the stairs when he has something fun to do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mercury94 That would make me mad too.  I feel like sometimes they just don't think.  I feel like I'm always thinking about how my actions affect everyone else, sometimes too a fault where I don't take much needed time for myself.  
  • Options
    @mercury94 did DH apologize or at least realize he was being inconsiderate? 
  • Options
    @literatureandink He did apologize. He said he thought he’d be home by 8 even with the second game, but it took forever, so he didn’t get home until 11. Mostly, I get super frustrated when my plans change and no one tells me. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 I will have a periodic melt downs over this exact thing.  I'm a planner and hate stuff changing.  Plus I feel like my schedule revolves around DH's schedule, the kids, work, SD/his ex's schedule and no one ever has to adjust their schedule for me.  Sometimes it makes me feel like I have no control over my own life.    
  • Options
    @mercury94 ugh!! So sorry for your frustration. I don’t have any other kids, but my husband had the week off from work and I didn’t. Losing track of time while playing games, must be common! He woke me up at 4 in the morning one day this week, when he was coming to bed after playing a stupid computer game all night long! 😖 I get up at 5:00 and couldn’t fall back to sleep. I was Not impressed!!
  • Options
    So crazy that it's 2020 and we'll be having babies in a few months!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Heading back to work tomorrow after a wonderful 12 day winter break! Not looking forward to having to wear “real” pants tomorrow☹️
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh. I caught a cold from DS. Still refusing to take any time off work, so I’m pushing through. No fun. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 Nooo buddy. It's the worst. Only thing that has been helping me is chamomile tea with copious amounts of honey in it and steam showers. I'm not used to not being able to take cold meds
  • Options
    Anyone else starting to get into nesting mode? I hadn't planned on moving DS to his big boy room till February when we get our registry discount. I have a major desire to clean up that room and get the nursery set now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 YES. I've been holding out for Christmas to be over but now that it is I'm working on my decluttering and clean up wish list. My shower is tomorrow and I once I know what we will still need I'm going to make a plan of attack. Also scouting hospital bag items. I love a project
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 and @korthouse DH is in nesting mode!  He bought a bunch of big tupperwear bins and started to clean out DD2's closet so we can get organized.  DD2 is going to move into a toddler bed and will share a room with LO.  We won't move LO in until around 6 months but we'd like to have everything done before then.  Plus we need to make room in the closet and dresser for both DD2's and LO's clothes.  This also causes a domino effect and we need to clean out our hallway linen closet.  Basically we never got organized after we moved in a little over a year ago and now we have to.  DH's nesting also involves funny projects like the sudden need to remove the gross carpet from our stairs.    
  • Options
    I’m also feeling the nesting / get stuff done and organized. Was waiting until after the holidays and now it is game on!

DH and I both have colds.  Saline spray and pregnancy safe cold/cough mucus relief for me. He gets the meds that actually make it that you can breath and I’m a little jealous. 

My Grandma passed away this morning after a few years of dementia.  She had a great life and we’ve been expecting this for months. I’m glad I’m not too pregnant to travel the 2.5 hour trip to/from her service. (5 hours total). 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I’m so sorry for your loss, but I’m glad you get to go to the service. I’m with you on being jealous that DH can take real cold medicine.

@korthouse I hope your cold is gone now so you can enjoy your shower. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Just saw on Target Circle app Frida mom witch hazel foam, witch hazel pad liners, and disposable underwear are all 10% for anyone looking to stock up
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I’m really sorry for your loss and glad you can make it to her services. ❤️

@KFrob as a STM+ would you say that stuff is necessary? I’m a clueless FTM and it’s hard for me to tell what’s a definitely need from a meh might be used
  • Options
    @literatureandink Last time I just used the stuff they gave me at the hospital for postpartum care and bought a thing of witch hazel pads. I found the spray the hospital had worked well for dulling my pain. Not sure it works for everyone, though. You may have to try a few things to find what works best for you. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 Thank you! It's still lingering a bit but my voice and energy are back at least!

@mandarenee898 Sending love to you and your family. Glad you can be together to remember her.
  • Options
    mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited January 2020
    Thank you @mercury94 @literatureandink @korthouse!

For those Target shoppers there is a Target circle offer of 20% off baby clothes. Just bought some sleepers, onesies, pants, hats, and socks in gender neutral (so my boy/girl twins can share) to get us started. I know people will get us gifts but we aren’t having any showers. Though my mom told me that my aunts would like to throw us a meet the babies party (which I prefer due to our history).  

**TW- we lost DD at full term but had 2 showers for her before that happened. We ended up donating her stuff to places that would give it for free to people who need it. We don’t want to go through that process if something should happen again. End TW*
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 the giving stuff away was tough. But we didn't have a shower for DS because he was the 2nd kid so it just didn't seem as big a thing for everyone. We probably aren't doing anything this time either, though I wouldn't mind doing something to celebrate. 
    No one really bought us stuff for Spencer either, but a lot of Jewish tradition is to not get things til later bc of superstition. So, we might get some stuff once we can bring this babe home. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @literatureandink I didn't get any of it  :) But I also had a fairly easy recovery with both kids. Like @mercury94 said, there's probably going to be trial and error and personal preference.  Like, some people love the mesh undies and giant pads from the hospital.  After a couple of days I couldn't wait to get home to regular (albeit giant) undies and my own my more streamlined pads.    
  • Options
    @KFrob I’m with you there. I definitely switched away from the mesh undies as soon as possible. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I’m glad someone understands but wish we didn’t have to understand. Stella was our first after years of infertility so she was pretty adored from the day the fertility clinic said we were pregnant. It was a difficult decision to go through IVF again (hence the twins!) but they’ve brought us and our family so much joy. I just got the book “Someone Came Before You” that is meant to help explain to new babies about a sibling that was lost before their arrival.

I never heard that before about Jewish tradition. I guess DH and I are kind of like that this time. Rather than wanting all set up, we’re getting bare minimums to start. Only the items that we’re bringing to the hospital will be washed beforehand. It’s kind of freeing in a way! 
  • Options
    mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited January 2020
    @literatureandink I was so worried about comfort and healing down there my first time around.  The one thing I would fully suggest is the Earth Mama Perineal balm.  1 jar is sufficient. It was soothing, cooling and moisturizing. Like @KFrob said it is a lot of personal preference. Once home I went back to my undies and used the always overnight (purple maxi) pads. Dermoplast spray (blue bottle) was nice to have on hand as it was kind of numbing but I only used maybe 1/3 of the bottle.
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 my cousin raved about the perineal balm and my mom put a jar in my stocking for Christmas. I laughed so hard when I looked at the inside flap:

• Options
    @literatureandink that is hilarious! I don’t remember seeing that! I used it for a perineal massage before labor too to try and reduce tearing. Not sure how well that worked out since I had a 2nd degree tear - but DD came flying out in the last push (head shoulders and all!). 
  • Options
    @literatureandink haha! That's so funny. I love creative packaging. 

How do I search the BMB on the app? I swear I'm not an idiot, but I hate this app!
  • Options
    @babybison it's not very user friendly, but you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of our bmb page and then it lets you type in a search.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh thank you! I swear I've been looking for ages.