edited December 2019 in July 2020 Moms
EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: do you do new year's resolutions? If so, share! 

Re: Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in w/o 12/30

• EDD/weeks+days: 7/19, 11+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: it's growing hair follicles and teeth buds!

Upcoming appointments: next monthly OB check-in at some point in mid-Jan around 14 weeks

How are you feeling? Actually improving overall! But it varies. I felt pretty sick after Christmas dinner and spent most of that evening in bed. But overall pretty good. I'm hoping to start eating better and exercising more this week if the trend continues!

Raves/Rants: we've been sharing the news with lots of folks over the holiday as we've seen them which has been really, really fun! And one close friend texted me yesterday to tell me she's expecting and I was like shut up, me too, and I'm legit SO excited to be expecting at the same time as a friend. 

Questions: none atm

GTKY: do you do new year's resolutions? If so, share! I don't really do them, but it's a good opportunity to reset on things like organization, healthy habits, etc.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/17, 11+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: apparently the vocal cords are developing! 

Upcoming appointments: first OB appointment 1/8

How are you feeling?: fine other than anxiety creeping in again. I know this is terrible of me but every time I see a new loss post it ramps back up. Makes me feel very selfish 

Raves/Rants: I don’t want to drive 5+ hours today but am also excited to get back to normal life + my normal routine. I always eat so unhealthy at my parents’ house and I feel pretty blah. 

Questions: can’t think of any right now 

GTKY: do you do new year's resolutions? If so, share! I don’t really do resolutions, but one of my goals for 2020 is to read more and watch less tv. I used to LOVE reading when I was younger! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 22, 10+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: did the NIPT last week so finding out in a week or two! 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: tiny jerk who hates when mommy eats, jk but baby is starting to swallow. 

Upcoming appointments: January 15th, I can’t wait. Going over a month since my last appointment is giving me a ton of anxiety. Like I need to know we have made it past the hard part. Every second I feel ok I’m like that’s it, it’s over. 

How are you feeling? Nauseated, anxious and ready to be pst the first trimester 

Raves/Rants: my husband gets to be both today. First he takes such good care of me, like I swear. He ran out in the run yesterday to get me Taco Bell and makes me breakfast in bed when I feel awful and has just generally spoiled me to death especially these last two weeks as I have been so sick. So shout out to him for killing it, however, every time I try to get his opinion on a baby item like a stroller he buys it. I’m like dude I’m just doing my initial research so I can get an idea of what we want. In other news we now have a crib arriving this week. It’s sweet because I know he’s just excited and wants me to have everything I want but also it makes me feel like we are jinxing it. 

Questions: none yet 

Normally I don’t but this year I’m going to try to stay off social media as much. I feel like it doesn’t add anything to my life but it’s definitely has some negative effects on my life. So in the new year I’m deleting the Facebook app and only going on it from my computer, which I’m rarely on. 
  • @mehugg that’s so exciting, my friend started trying a few months after us and I was so hoping we would be pregnant together but she actually decided to put it on hold for awhile. 
    @b_1029 I wish I knew what to say about the anxiety but I have a ton of it too and nothing seems to make it better so instead I just keep telling myself we will be past the scary part soon and before we know it we will all have our little babes in our arms. 
  • @b_1029 I hear you on both the desire to get back into normal home and routine, and on anxiety about losses. I feel like there's been a lot....but we're getting so close to the end of the first tri!! 

@beckylookatherbump aw your husband sounds like a lovable goof. I also hate waiting so long between appointments! 

One of my friends is a nurse and had a baby 6 months ago, and before I even told her my worries about this stuff she said to me, "your body is made to do this. It wants to be and stay pregnant, and to deliver a healthy baby in the end" I've been repeating it as an affirmation when I'm stressed. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 11w+1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: as tall as a Lego man. Some bones are beginning to harden, and the diaphragm is starting to form so baby is experiencing hiccups (although we can't feel it yet)

Upcoming appointments: today actually! 'initial OB' which includes a physical and pelvic exam, we also could do carrier testing during this visit but we are still unsure if and what we want to do about it...

How are you feeling? feeling good actually, my all-day nausea has ALMOST subsided. I have begun to eat normal food again, so feeling like myself and even had a cup of coffee yesterday morning and this morning. Battling a sinus/cold thing too but on the mend

Raves/Rants: I've been feeling anxious the past couple of days, mainly because I have been feeling better. Like... why has my nausea subsided all of a sudden? I am on medication that helps with this so I keep telling myself it's that..it's just coursing through my system and this is normal.. you're fine! Still in the back of my mind though...
    ALSO - husband has been a rockstar.. going to the grocery store, keeping up with dishes and doing the laundry. What a guy :smile:

Questions: None at this time.

I do, but they aren't huge and I honestly don't stick with them the entire time..lol. I did buy a budget planner to start budgeting as I have never done this before so hoping that goes well. Since I have been feeling sick and tired, I haven't been working out as much and I use to do yoga a lot prior.. going to start that back up once I'm feeling good. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 18, 11 weeks 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.  My doctors office I believe has the info but every time I call they say they will call me back and never do!  Its driving me crazy!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact:  My Ovia app says a bee hummingbird which is the smallest hummingbird.

Upcoming appointments: I am suppose to have my nucal test on the 7th with the MFM doctor and my next one with my obgyn is on the 20th.

How are you feeling?  My face is starting to breaking out all over so hello hormonal acne I guess its the time for you to arrive finally.  Overall Im ok tired and hungry but I cant really complain I know.

Raves/Rants:  My doctors office is driving me crazy.  I love my actual doctor but the office staff is the worst I feel but after using her for delivery of all my other 3 kids Im reluctant to change now.

Questions: Why cant my doctors office ever call me about stuff or send out the info I need properly?

GTKY: do you do new year's resolutions? If so, share!   I really want to work at making my business more viable and get more shoots done before this baby comes.  
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 23, 11 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: baby measured at about 1.7 inches at our US today!

Upcoming appointments: we had our last appointment with our RE today, so we've graduated! baby was measuring well and was dancing away, it was so cute! we have our first appointment with the OB next week and hoping to get the NIPT bloodwork done then.

How are you feeling? pretty crummy. i've had a head cold for weeks and every time ive gone to the doctor theyve said to just let it run its course, but im so miserable. went to urgent care for the third time with the same cold and they finally gave me some antibiotics so hopefully ill start feeling better. 

Raves/Rants:  Raves - we told my parents and inlaws over Christmas about our pregnancy so that was really fun! Rants - we flew out on a red eye for the holidays, and i started having some bleeding that afternoon so of course i start freaking out and we go to the ER and turns out i had a UTI  then with this cold, it was a pretty uncomfortable Christmas. but as long as baby is okay, its worth it!

Questions: what types of things, if any, have yall bought for your babies so far?

GTKY: do you do new year's resolutions? If so, share! Not really....i just want to have the safest and healthiest pregnancy and delivery possible with a healthy baby! everything just kind of shifted when we found out about baby, so thats my only focus this year haha.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @mehugg i hope you keep feeling better! and i agree, it is so fun to start telling people! my husband is a photographer/videographer - we have been recording everyones reaction when we tell them and DH is going to make a video compilation of everyones reactions. im sure itll make my cry so much haha.

@b_1029 my first OB appt is 1/8 too!! hoping yours goes well. i completely agree with you on the anxiety and reminders of losses. i just keep trying to remember that baby wants to be born and that so far things have looked good so i just need to have faith and hope....which is not easy! im also hoping to read more...if you find anything good, let me know! maybe we can have a book club haha.

@beckylookatherbump im with you - lets get past the first trimester!! and i hate that wait between appointments too. hang in there! oh your sweet husband, haha. im glad hes been good to you, but i can also understand the worry about jinxing things with buying stuff.....ive been very worried about that too.

@shaqn0sis hope your initial OB appt went well! glad your husband has been sweet and helpful. and good luck with your budgeting! i didnt do it for the longest time but then DH and I got a system down that is so nice! 

@enchantindragon ah thats nuts that your doctors wont return your call! that would drive me bonkers haha. im sorry your doctor's office staff is annoying :( thats the worst. and you said you want to do more shoots before the baby comes.....are you a photographer?

dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20

• @knockupthestock Yes Im a photographer.  I have been a hobbyist for years mostly just chasing my own kids and trying to improve but early this year I started to take the plunge into making this a business.  I got in cooperated and have a website but its been hard trying to market myself and get jobs.  
  • Ahhhh my doctors office finally called me back.  I got my bloodwork on the Dec 16 at 9 weeks 2 days and Ill be 12 weeks tomorrow!  We are having a healthy baby boy!  Im shocked a little I admit because I thought it was a boy and assumed I would be wrong so was really shocked when it was a boy.  It evens out my family now but Im a little scared because my son is the oldest and will be 10 years older than this one.  I had kinda wanted a girl for this reason to be closer in age with my 2 daughters.  I think it will be ok but I just worry he will be lonely.
  • @knockupthestock thank you for the well wishes! My appointment went well, and actually no blood drawn this time. We did get to hear the heartbeat for about 10 seconds before it 'jumped' somewhere else and we couldn't find it again, but it was 161bpm! I just got my budgeting book today with some fun pens so I'm hoping the creativity will motivate me to keep it going. 
  • @enchantindragon we found out we are having a boy too but I’ve felt like it was a boy this whole time. I still felt totally overwhelmed yesterday when we found out but I’m fine now. I blame hormones lol. 
    @knockupthestock I totally didn’t hang in there and instead paid for an elective ultrasound yesterday. 100% worth it. 
  • @enchantindragon and @beckylookatherbump - congrats on the boys!!! thats so exciting!! ive been thinking all along that our LO is going to be a girl but at our US yesterday there was a pretty pronounced "nub" down there....its still too early to make an official call, but hopefully ill get my NIPT next week and will find out for sure soon.

• That's so exciting @beckylookatherbump and @shaqn0sis!! You too @knockupthestock soon soon.

I'm back at the stage of dying for my next appt (a week from today). When we last went in the little goober was all scrunched up in a ball so we didn't get a good profile, but the doc said everything was good. I just want to see a real face this time!
  • @mehugg my ob doesn’t do another ultrasound till 20 weeks. It’s so far away 
  • @beckylookatherbump Congratulations on your boy!  Yay for another boy mama. Also I accidentally hit the report button instead of reply to you. I tried to back out and cancel it but if it went through I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to do that!! 

@knockupthestock Ooh keep us updated!  Boys are very fun. I loved being a boy mama with my son it's just been so long it feels strange I think.