February 2020 Moms

Private Group Discussion

Re: Private Group Discussion

• Ok I'm in! I was able to follow the link from your invite message to accept the invite.
  • Yay!  Glad it worked
  • Loading the player...
  • Requested to join. Thanks to all who are organizing this! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like to request joining the private group. :)
  • Are we setting a formal definition of what a "regular poster" is in order to be admitted to the group?
  • @jvk2012 I would like to see only our regulars if that's possible :) especially if/when I post a picture of my new baby :) I'm not positive on what the diffinition would be though ...
  • I requested to join! Thank you to everyone agreeing to organize and admin. 
  • We could do something that previous BMBs have done where they do a private group roll call and those who want to join will post and based on love-tits is essentially vetting them. Not sure if anyone else has other ideas?
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I hate to be that person, but it's how my brain thinks. What's defined as regularly/how many posts? What's wrong with a high "love it"? I know sometimes as a FTM I've had nothing to contribute to a conversation, but appreciated someone else's experience. Or think that's good news but instead of clogging up the feed with a "congrats" post, I'll just hit "love it". Just my 2 cents
  • @brookert615, @craftywitch, @daffodil_shoe can you check your Inbox? I sent an admin question. 
  • In my last BMB for the FB group it was something like if 3/4 admins knew who you were you got the ok to join and you have to maintain some level of activity or you get voted off the island so to speak
  • @rebornlotus There are still ways to participate as a FTM other than congratulations: asking questions or posting in the group threads.

Personally I like @kiwi2628's suggestion. I think that strikes a balance between being keeping out randos while still acknowledging that not everyone recognizes everyone else and different levels of participation.
  • I like the idea of the admin voting 3/4. There are a few names already in the group that, personally, I don't recognise lol 
  •  I agree with the admin idea of 3/4 or even 2/4 needing to recognize a user name. I don’t think there necessarily needs to be a certain amount of participation just some quality in what’s being posted. When I was pregnant with ds1 I mostly lurked or hit love it and guess what I didn’t get invited to the private group.  With ds2 I was a much more active participant and communicate daily with my May 18 ladies. I definitely didn’t know everyone and it takes time to get to that point.  We still will call out people in our fb group who go mia for long stretches.
  • I'll be honest I haven't posted as much as I wanted to.  I would like to be part of the private group but understand if it makes some people uncomfortable.  Sometimes I found it hard to contribute because I couldn't relate to certain issues or just didn't have a lot of symptoms to comment about.  I respect the group and the admins decision.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @DDRRT1982 thank you!  I definitely smiled after reading your post.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• If I’m the rando in the private group that doesn’t belong there are no hard feelings. 
  • @doodleoodle haha nope not you
  • @doodleoodle bahaha you are most definitely are not a rando!
  • @jvk2012 phew! You made me all paranoid 😂
  • I think you guys missed my point, but it's ok. Whatever you all decide is ok with me.
  • Bumping just in case anyone still isn't in the group - please comment if so :).
    TW
  • @brookert615 I just submitted my request! 
  • @rebornlotus I don't think she missed your point. Anybody can love tit. It doesn't get the board moving though and honestly, if you post very rarely, I'm not going to recognize your avatar in the love tits and I still won't know who you are.

Everyone can contribute. There are plenty of FTMs, myself included, who contribute a lot. There are threads specific to our pregnancies and some, the randoms, where you can talk about anything going on in your life. The point of this board is to exchange with people. If no one posts, not much is happening.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Yes! This 100%!
    TW
  • @rikiteacup thank you for saying what I was thinking. Also a FTM here and I have plenty to say about this pregnancy, life, etc. 
  • I know I don’t post a ton, mostly cause this app is so useless and I’m rarely every on the computer but I’d love to join. My Dec 2015 group changed my life so I’d like to keep up with you all. I think I’m waiting on approval but honesty I’m not even sure it went through 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • rebornlotusrebornlotus member
    edited January 2020
    I wasn't going to bring it back up until after ritacup posted to argue with me that my point wasn't missed, but.....My point was asking about what would be an operational definition of "contributes". Meaning what exact number of posts? My point was what number is enough posts because sometimes people contribute with likes and less posts, but are still active. My point was missed because no one answered my post discussing numbers and focused on the likes part that I posted. I for one would say someone who contributed at least once every other week to posting would be active. The reason why I thought an operational def would work because then situations like doodleoodles wouldn't happen because it's not a subjective measure, but an objective one that people would know if they met the criteria or not.
  • @misstree5 Spot. On. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited January 2020
    @rebornlotus we get it. What we've been trying to tell you is that love titing doesn't make you known to the board. This is a passive way to participate that doesn't bring much if that's all you do. You can give a gazillion love tits and we still wouldn't know who you are because you haven't participated as in you haven't replied to posts/asked questions/shared random stuff with us. 
    I think everyone agrees that an active member in this community is someone we recognize because they post. Some people post more than others but if you post at least once a day, you will be known to this board.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Or even every couple of days, honestly.