Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 12/30

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020?

Re: TTCAL w/o 12/30

• Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early miscarriage at 5 weeks December '18, CP July '19

How are things going? Ok. Glad that Christmas is over. I hid a few people on Facebook because I got sick of all the "LOOK AT MY LITTLE ONES, LOOK!! LOOOOOOOK!" posts. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? A whole year since our first loss and no rainbow in sight has hit me hard. I also think people's sympathy and  empathy for us has run out.

What is going well for you this week? I have another week off before I have to go back to work. I am going to savor every day that I don't have to say, "stop talking", "get in line", "don't pick your nose", "keep your hands to yourself", etc.

R/R? I go in to the RE tomorrow for bloodwork and ultrasound. Ringing in the new year with needle sticks and the ultrasound wand. Lovely. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope, just my monitoring scan/bloodwork tomorrow. I haven't felt my usual pre-O cramping so I am anxious to know what's going on with my ovaries. 

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020? Get rid of things we don't need. That is my main goal of 2020. 

• Options

Status:     We're TTGP again after a recent MC. I got pregnant in October, super excited. At the first ultrasound (almost 9 weeks) we learned there was no heartbeat, a missed miscarriage that probably happened around 7.5 weeks. It sucks. But I keep reminding myself that something was not developing right and it wasn't meant to be. 

How are things going?     I am WTO and trying to be patient.  I'm not exactly sure how to count my cycle days but I took Misoprostol 24 days ago, so if that is considered Day 1 then I'm expecting to O any day now. I bought a big box of ovulation testing strips from Amazon and I've been testing every morning since day 13. My OB says that some women ovulate 2 weeks after an early MC but could be longer. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week?      I'll be going back to work (teaching) after a long holiday break. Currently working with 2 pregnant ladies, one who is due in Feb and another that just announced... so dealing with THOSE emotions.

What is going well for you this week?      I've been pretty active most days this vacation.  I've gone hiking, snowboarding, and for long walks. I've also been doing yoga videos almost everyday since I can access YouTube on my living room TV now. I love the Yoga with Adriene channel!

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020?    Well aside from making a healthy happy baby in 2020, I'm hoping to redesign my garden and build several more raised beds with vertical trellises and cardboard/wood chip walking paths.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    edited December 2019
    @emeraldduchess - GL at your RE appointment tomorrow. Hoping it provides you with some insight as to what's going on with your ovaries.

@dancingtreepose - I'm so sorry for your recent loss. The wait to return to 'normal' can be agonizing. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC Oct. '19, D&C Dec. '19

How are things going? We're back home after spending Christmas with MH's family in MA. I think his parents are getting depressed at not having grandchildren (DH's older brother and his wife have had two losses in 3 years of trying). The vibe was just 'off' this time, and I have a feeling that was why. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Not knowing where I'm at in my cycle. After continued bleeding after my MMC in October, I had an endoscopy and D&C on Dec. 20th to remove a 2cm endometrial polyp at the top of my uterus. Then on Friday into Saturday this past weekend I had what felt like ovulation pain (I usually get pretty bad mittelschmerz around O) so I'm hoping that's what that was. If so, then I expect AF around Jan. 10th, and then we can get back on track with TTC.

What is going well for you this week? Being back home feels so good, and I'm excited to get working on some home projects that we hadn't gotten around to this Fall while I was finishing grad school. I don't return to work until after my post-op appt, so I've got some down-time.

R/R? Nah, I pretty much covered everything, lol.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Post-op appt on Jan. 6th. 

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020? Hmmm, I hadn't really thought of anything, but while we were visiting MH's parents we got to reading a lot about antiques, specifically primitives (mid-18th century). We have quite a few already, but I have so many more ideas for how to decorate our home. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!!

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @emeraldduchess I’m so sorry that it’s been a year since your first loss. Sorry you have to ring in the new year with needles and an ultrasound wand. Boo earns 👎

@dancingtreepose I’m truly sorry for your recent MC. Sorry your working with 2 pregnant ladies. Those emotions will be strong and tough. Hugs 💕 

@ttcbabyodo I know the frustration all too well with not knowing where you are in your cycle. That’s been me since my MC last month. It’s sooo aggravating. I hope AF does come Jan 10th for you so you can get back on track with TTC. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. - MC at 7 weeks November, 2019

How are things going? Alright I guess. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Being sick. I started to get a sore throat on Christmas Day and now my cold has gotten worse and have a full blown cough and plugged nose and phlegm and all that not so great stuff that goes along with colds. 😖 I didn’t sleep a wink last night as I spent the entire night hacking and coughing. I went downstairs to sleep on the couch as I didn’t want to wake up my hubby by coughing so much. Couch sucked and was uncomfortable and I didn’t sleep so I feel like a groggy zombie today. 

What is going well for you this week? Well I’m over the moon happy that AF finally showed up lol. It’s about time. This is my first period post MC and it felt like it took forever to come but have never been so excited to bleed in my life 😆 Now it can stay away for the next 9 months after this lol. I’m excited to finally move forward and start TTC again next month. Yay! 

R/R? Still frustrated that there is still HCG in my system. It’s still going down each week but man it’s like at a crawling pace now which I don’t know why. I was at 42 last week and it went down to only 29. Ugh. Only 13 points it moved. 😖  I’m hoping that having AF now will help get things moving out and drop my HCG to zero. We will see. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Saw my Dr. this morning for a follow up to see how I’m doing. That went good. I have another blood test this Sunday for my HCG again. FX it’s down super low or zero but I won’t hold my breathe. 

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020? Well besides having a healthy sticky baby I’m sure like everyone here, umm ... I’m going to try to be a better and more positive person for 2020. My goal is to not focus on the negative things in my life and be happy with what I have now. 

• Options

Happy fake Monday everyone!  Now that i am back to work, i think i can recommit to contributing daily on TB as i tried to on my BMB.

@ttcbabyodo we just saw my parents and ILs (together!) for the first time since our MMC and though no one spoke of it, you could just see how heartbroken they were.  Everyone was so excited for grandchildren.  here's hoping everyone just has to wait a short while longer!

@mindyb2019 congrats on AF!  That felt weird saying though.

@dancingtreepose ditto on the cycle calculating.  i'm so curious to see how long it takes for "normal" to return.

@emeraldduchess so. many. posts. hidden.  i'm also now helping my best friend's family throw her baby shower next month.  i am so happy for her (due in April) but also don't want to get too caught up in my emotions here.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: MMC caught at 12wk scan 7 days ago (though no growth since somewhere wk8, after we had seen heartbeat).  D&C 5 days ago.

How are things going? i physically feel fine (and did pretty much immediately following procedure), but emotionally/mentally i'm fluctuating.  its been a really rough week but it comes in waves.  i feel so anxious to get going trying already!!  

What is something that you are struggling with this week? today i went back to work for the first time.  i woke up feeling okay and then when i got on the train i started crying because i suddenly became aware that it was my first time commuting/working without LO.  i couldn't compose myself for most of the morning, but feeling better as day goes on.  i think i just had to get that out of my system for the day and i just need to be back in a normal routine.

What is going well for you this week? i have a renewed sense of appreciation for the tiniest good things.  and little pesky things aren't bothering me as much. 

R/R? loving that DH booked us massages for this weekend.  I know hes having a tough time too but just a nice gesture.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? i have a followup on 1/14...i assume they will draw blood?  not crazy for me to ask if it is not otherwise initiated, right?  im a data person.  i need something tangible to show everything is back on track.

GTKY: What is something you want to accomplish or learn to do in 2020? i want to keep the whole family healthy (me, DH and eventual LO).  i myself do this but i want to start getting on DH about it as well since he is a little more lax on this.