May 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

New year, new aches and pains? 

Re: January Symptoms

• Does anyone use arbonne fizz sticks? I have read mixed reviews but my doctor recently okayed them. Just wondering if anyone else has been using them or not. 😎
  • @ellie2020 I used the fiz tabs before they switched to the fiz sticks. I found them very sweet And I don't think they really helped with my energy levels. 

This has been happening for a while but I kept forgetting to post it. When I get cold, my nipples turn white and hurt like absolute hell. My boobs are different sizes and it happens more often with the larger one. I've read that this happens to some women while breast feeding. Has anyone else had this happen before? 
  • Loading the player...
  • My nipples randomly get painfully hard and there’s nothing I can do about it. Anyone else experience this? 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya, for this pregnancy, my nipples have continued to be sensitive and constantly hard. It’s pretty annoying and sometimes painful. I didn’t have this symptom with my last pregnancy (beyond the first trimester). Also my breast a bit larger this time around.

My main symptom now is stomach issues, it is quite sensitive to anything I eat. Bleh.....
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau ugh I'm with you on the stomach stuff. I think dairy is going right through me, which is so sad. Most things are giving me reflux too. 

I think I have carpel tunnel in my right hand. On Sat I started wearing a splint overnight and I think it's helping a bit. My hand was going numb a lot during the night and the last couple weeks it has been sore, felt (not looked) swollen, and been painful/difficult to make a fist in the morning. It gets better throughout the day. I plan on asking about it at my appointment tomorrow. Anybody else have anything like that? It's so weird and doesn't bother me at work like typing or using the mouse. 
  • @lisush I wake up with my elbow in a whole lot of pain throughout the night. It doesn’t hurt after I move it some and stretch it out, but man it hurts to straighten it out when I wake up and for a few minutes after. It does not bother me at all throughout the day.
  • @lisush @bender29 I have shoulder, elbow and wrist pain. I've tried many things but I've found acupuncture with some quasha or cupping helps significantly. 
  • @lisush I frequently wake up with my arm or hand numb (usually only one?) but it doesn't hurt and it goes away by the time I'm up up. Is there anything else they can do for carpal tunnel, or just advise wearing of the brace?
  • @lisush, Yes! The carpal tunnel/numbness happened a lot towards the end of my last pregnancy. As soon as I gave birth, it went away. Hang in there. This time the numbness has not happened too often.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Baby is a lot more active this past week and I can feel it a lot better but along with this I am having Braxton Hicks again already, which after preterm labor with DS is making nervous. It’s nothing big just a couple mainly at night but it’s definitely the tightening feeling of BH. I am going to try upping my water intake again and see if that helps. 
  • @mamaj1220 I’ve had a few noticeable BH as well. Nothing big either, and almost always in the evening. I definitely didn’t have them this early with DD, but I also didn’t know what to watch for.
  • @soprano19 that makes me feel better I am going to call my OB tomorrow and just let them know too
  • I’ve dealt with the numbness and tingling in my hands, particularly at night with every pregnancy (this is my third). I even mentioned it to my MW the other day as just a precaution because it’s been really bothering me and she just shrugged it because it’s just one of those common pregnancy things. Annoying and painful for sure though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @louessbee @queenklau @Austenista
    Thanks! The brace seems to be helping despite it being annoying to wear at night. I've been using it for 5 days and this morning it already doesn't feel nearly as tight and sore as it usually would at this time of day. Hoping the brace will be enough to get my through!
    I was getting the numbness since like week 12 but only started feeling the pain and swelling the past couple weeks. Glad to hear it's pretty common and will go away after birth. I read that they can do cortisone shots if it's really bad, which I definitely don't want!

In other symptoms, the joy of acne continues - ugh. I see all these other pregnant ladies with such clear skin and I'm so jealous. Most of my clothing choices right now involve how to cover up to my neck. I better never be pregnant in the summer. 
  • the muscles deep in my left butt cheek won't stop hurting. it's been weeks. so weird. yoga helps a little bit but it keeps coming back!!
  • @lisush I had that last pregnancy. I would clench my hand a lot while sleeping and then also ended up on my arm a lot which would numb my hand. I did regular chiropractor visits already so I would have them work on my hand and wrist too. I do a lot of mouse work for my job (Graphic Designer) so that aggravated it. I wore a brace at night, but I had to buy one that had a big ball that forced my hand as open as I could have it while sleeping. My mom is a PT and she would work on the muscles in my arm occasionally too.

AFM, my restless legs have been getting worse. I mainly just get them at night once I am relaxing on the couch or trying to fall asleep. It is always worse if I am wearing anything tight to my ankles, so socks, leggings or skinny jeans. I always change and I take some of my magnesium bisglycinate powder (I got mine from Thorne Research) and this helps so much, especially if I take it before or right when I can tell they are starting to act up. I had restless legs last time and took and over the counter magnesium, I think it was citrate. That did absolutely nothing for me last time. Other than that I have occasional headaches, which was not an issue for me last pregnancy. I also am feeling more fatigued lately.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• ruby696ruby696 member
    edited January 2020
    @m6agua I think I'm getting restless legs this time. By 8:00, I can't stand for anything tight to be on my feet/legs, and I'm super antsy. It almost feels like claustrophobia for my legs? We've been headed to our bedroom around 8:30 every night because I can't stand to be on the couch anymore. Does that sound like restless legs? I never had it with my other two.

@lisush Add me to the pregnancy carpal tunnel group. I had it really bad with DS - I could hardly type during the daytime and nights were miserable. Like others have said, it went away once he was born.

Eta: autocorrect 
  • @ruby696 Yes it does! Especially if you find yourself changing positions, and moving your legs and/or feet a lot. For me it is sort of like this crawling, tingling, antsy feeling that I just cannot touch. Like if you have an itch on your back in the spot you cannot reach. But with that itching it satisfies the feeling, restless legs nothing helps... except the magnesium for me. Last pregnancy I would always just go to bed because that was the only thing that helped.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Oh another symptom, my feet are already growing  :( I don't remember it happening this early last time. But with DD they grew and never went back down (I think most peoples do). So all new shoes at least a half a size bigger. I am worried that I will grow a half a size again, right now if I have my laces completely loosened and not tied I am good, sort of. I think I need to buy some shoes either in my current size but wide or the next half size up.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Last night I felt so antsy, I told MH I was about to take my pants off to watch tv in the living room. I couldn't stop moving and I could not get comfortable. I'm fine all day and then by 7:30-8:00, it starts up. It's so annoying! 
  • @mamaqdubu I had that same kind of sciatic pain in my last pregnancy. It went away eventually, but it was really uncomfortable and annoying! I still get it occasionally (though not as bad) from sitting in the car for too long.
  • I’m on the carpal tunnel train too. Happened with my first pregnancy and it’s happening again. I don’t remember the swelling/pain in my wrists last time just the pain/swelling/numbness in my hands. It wears off by the time I get up and moving but oh so annoying. Went away immediately after I had him. Mentioned it to midwife last time and OB this time, both shrugged it off as just another symptom. 
  • @mamaqdubu look on youtube for sciatica stretches.  My husband has persistent sciatica pain whereas I have upper back/neck/shoulder pain, and we were both able to find some really good stretches on youtube that when done regularly help a lot.  Butt pain tends to be deferred from the lower back, shoulder/scapula pain tends to be deferred from the neck.  Good luck!

My sister and I both now use one of these for persistent wrist issues.  It seems to help if I can wear it for a week straight.  It's not as bad as a full/stiff wrist brace and allows a full range of motion, but offers some comfort and support.  We call it our Michael Jackson glove.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/neo-g-airflow-wrist-&-thumb-support/ID=prod6383744-product?skuId=sku6318592
  • Sounds like lots of us are struggling with the hand stuff. I asked the midwife about it today and she said it's totally normal and will probably just keep getting worse until I give birth. Yay! But I'll keep doing the night brace and @pirateduck that looks like a good one if I start needing a daytime one. 
  • allywatallywat member
    edited January 2020
    Braxton Hicks have started consistently here too; I also have a history of pre term deliveries (twice) so I’m with you @mamaj1220 it’s unnerving even though I know it’s on the spectrum of normal. 
  • @pirateduck thanks I’ll look some up!
  • @allywat that is how I feel too, I know it is within the spectrum of normal but I just go back to being 28 weeks and in preterm labor so it makes me nervous, I think after I get past that mark I will feel better but until then it is like a bad flashback. 
  • I’ve been having a lot of Braxton Hicks as well. I’ve found my uterus is somewhat irritable, I had them all the time last pregnancy too. 
    @mamaj1220 did you end up checking in with your OB? I’m sure it’s scary when you have that history. 
  • @rachelg777 I called and the midwife who wasn't there my first pregnancy got nervous but my OB called and was like can you time them and are you having more than 5 an hour, no to both, so he said to monitor increase water and try not to worry. I am going in on Monday for my AS and an appointment with him after so if there is anything new or more I am sure we will talk about it then. I just really want to avoid the MG drip this time, that made me feel so drunk it was crazy.
  • @mamaj1220 I don’t blame you! That’s all good, hopefully no issues this weekend and you can have a deeper discussion Monday. 
  • oh, huh, I get the restless legs in the night too. I was just chalking it up to getting woken up with heartburn at weird times and my body not knowing what to do with itself, but if magnesium helps what's one more vitamin.

@pirateduck I get shoulder pain all the time (not related to being pregnant)! I should look up those stretches.
  • I’m feeling a lot of movement/pressure changes the last 2 days. I think I’ve been feeling it for a few weeks but didn’t realize it was baby til this week. This boy likes to sit on, bounce off, kick and punch my bladder and I do NOT appreciate it! I know it’s only going to get worse. MH actually felt one of baby’s bladder punches this morning!
  • @sunshinesea22 last night when I was trying to sleep, the bladder punches.  I swear I had no more liquids in me and do not have a UTI but kept feeling like a had to pee and I’m fairly certain it was the baby acrobatics
  • @pirateduck Definitely baby! That’s how I feel pretty much all day from baby using my bladder like a trampoline. It’s very rude! MH talks to my belly and tells him to be nice to mom 🤣 
  • SPD major hell here. Third pregnancy with it, so it started early and got bad FAST this time-having a non-walker at home and a two block bus stop walk twice per day probably doesn't help. I've got exercises to do for it, but they only sorta help. Sigh. 

Baby on bladder and braxton Hicks starting over here too. I have one preemie, and one full term baby, but with both I lived with constant BH, consistently more than 5 per hour from the start of third trimester. Ick. 

TMI but anyone else getting to point of needing pads all day from extra cervical fluid? It's totally not pee, and I got it checked out to be sure, but no infections, issues, broken waters. Just random almost gushes of perfectly normal fluid. Being a SAHM I've just been doing random underwear changes as necessary, unless I'm going to be out and about long, but thinking I might be making the shift to panty liners already.

Pregnancy is no joke!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail Ugh, sorry you're dealing with all that. I've had to start wearing a pad because I have a terrible cough and two babies on my bladder (and one prior vaginal birth). Thank god I had a spare pair of underwear in my gym bag at work today and a full sized pad, because my morning panty liner did not hold up. It's a super fun situation. 🙄 
  • Just hit 24 weeks and feeling a lot more pulling/stretching pains UGH.  When I try to roll over at night I wake up with a horrible "snap" like sharp pain. Anything anyone has found to help with this?

Also the past couple weeks or so I've been getting horrible nose bleeds so the humidifier is on 24/7 now.
  • @randic22 that snap feeling sounds horrible! Where exactly do you feel the pain? I don't have the same issue but have started sleeping on a double pillow (annoying but effective) which helps with shoulder pain/feeling like all my weight is on my hips and shoulders. 

I've noticed a specific point on my foot,t the inside at the halfway point between the ankle and the heel, that feels pulled/sore from time to time.  It's mostly on my right foot but just a weird feeling and annoying because I can't pinpoint to a muscle/trigger point that's causing it. 

On the plus side, Baby's kicks are getting more prominent.
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • @tj_2 I'm pretty sure its round ligament for me because it's near where my groin meets my hip. My snoogle pillow helps a little but wow does it still get me with sudden movements.
    I'm wondering with your foot if it's also due to ligaments being stretched?
  • @randic22 it does sound like RLP.  I haven't found anything to help except yelling a few choice words while I suffer through.

My nipples are so.freaking.sensitive.  The last few nights DD hasn't been feeling great and winds up in our bed.  Then she reaches for her pacifier or me or whatever and the end result is her touching my boobs/grabbing them or even just moving my nightgown which then rubs on my nipples and makes me so annoyed because the feeling is just terrible.  And even through the day they'll just randomly get hard and hurt.  I don't know if it wasn't this bad with DD or if I just didn't have someone grabbing at me as much, but I am so over it.  I don't want to have to wear a bra to bed every night :(