May 2020 Moms

PGAL Check In Week of December 30

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es)

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

Previous loss(es)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? 

GTKY: Any fun plans or traditions for New Year's this week?

Re: PGAL Check In Week of December 30

• pustiularipustiulari member
    edited December 2019
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 18w+4d / 5/28 / FTM

Previous loss(es)? 1 (stopped growing at around 7 weeks)

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? As of today I am actually more confident. I had an ultrasound, confirming that the baby is growing well. I was very scared that I might miscarry because I have a bicornuate uterus and there is a higher chance of incompetent cervix, but the US confirmed that it was all ok as well. I have had quite a longer time of distress and anxiety because of this.
    Still, the further along I'm coming, the scarier are the scary moments.
    I also hate it when people assume I should be feeling a certain way (super positive and excited) when I'm actually very weary and repressed (so is my husband)

Any appointment updates? Last one was today (see above). Next one is 1/20

Rants/Raves/Questions? I hate the restless leg syndrome! I have always had it to some degree, but it was quite rare. Now I get it almost every day and if I don't fall asleep fast enough it starts torturing me. I have to get out of bed and walk around until it fades and then I can only hope I'll fall asleep soon after...
    Question: The Dr. told me the baby's face was towards my pelvis. Any idea what position she meant? I'm just curious... Head down and facing my back, perhaps?

Any milestones coming up? I'm hoping that at my next appointment my Dr. will finally approve of my doing some light exercise (I was on pelvic rest during the first trimester due to some bleeding). This would be amazing news for me, as I was very active before being pregnant and going straight to bed rest was quite the torture... 

We invited some friends over and we'll play games, watch movies, talk about whatever and, best of all, eat Raclette :smiley:
  • Loading the player...
  • @pirateduck - Feeling the baby has definitely helped in giving me a positive boost. Hope it does the same for you! :blush: We've actually been trying for 5 1/2 years and it became quite a routine for us (next appointment on... taking these pills until... having the shots for...) and at one point it was just happening to us. So when we got the positive test we realised what we had been doing and actually started asking ourselves if we really still wanted to have kids (and then felt guilty about it). But then a co-worker told me she actually started feeling excited months after she gave birth, so there's really no "normal" when it comes to feelings, it seems :wink:

• @pustiulari we were in denial for awhile.  At some point there was an US where the baby actually looked like a baby and it dawned on us that there will be a child at the end of all this that we need to care for.  It's just really hard to believe it's real.
  • @pirateduck, congrats on the amnio results! So relieved and happy for you! They took quite a while, so glad it came back negative!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @pirateduck YAY for the amino results! Finally!!!! 
  • @pirateduck yay! That’s wonderful about your results! 
  • @pirateduck so glad you finally got your results and that they were great!
  • @pirateduck I'm so relieved for you! Congrats on your amnio results, that must be such a huge weight off your shoulders.

20+4/May 14th/TTM&FTM

Previous loss(es)? 3 MMC's and 3 CP's

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm doing really well emotionally since I can feel the babies so much now. Physically, it's  starting to get a little harder. The morning sickness is gone, but the aches, pain and poor sleep are setting in. I'm trying to be positive, since it's only going to get worse and I really want these babies in until 38 weeks if possible.

Any appointment updates? So many appointments now. I have my OB appt next Friday, then a fetal echocardiogram mid-January, followed by monthly growth scans with my MFM. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope, just glad things are going well.

Any milestones coming up? Passed them all.

GTKY: Any fun plans or traditions for New Year's this week? I have to work all week, which is horrid. We do fondue every NYE, so I'll probably work early/leave early to at least enjoy the afternoon and evening. Staying in and drinking sparkling cider with my kids.
  • @ruby696 the aches and pains are real.  My joints are soooo sore when I first get up in the morning, but seem to feel a bit better once I move around.

I had lots of appointments early due to risks etc. and feel like it should slow down now.  I guess most women only have appointments once a month at best early on and then twice a month later in pregnancy.  Soooo I just looked at my calendar and now that I'm done with all my tests and special care, the timing is such that I'm right into the twice a month appointments, so at least twice a month for my whole pregnancy it seems!  I think I actually had 4 appointments in the month of December.  Back to the dentist this week too.
  • @ruby696 I’m sure with twins you’ll feel like you are practically living there. Hopefully all goes smoothly so no extra extra monitoring is needed for you!

@pirateduck For about the last month of pregnancy you will go for weekly appointments, but no more as long as everything looks good. Oh and probably an extra to the lab for the GD test around 26 weeks depending on how your office does it.
  • @pirateduck yay I am so happy you got your good amino news!!! Can totally relate to “can I go through this with another child again”...it is completely and utterly terrifying. 

22 even, May 4, one 4 year old daughter 

Previous loss(es)? 
    neonatal loss in February ‘19

Tapped out both ways. Since I only had six months between a full term birth and this pregnancy I’m just so tired. I realized I’ll have spent 18 of the last 24 months pregnant and the end of all this and I’m soooooooo done. Emotionally I’m pissy because my in laws are here and I just want my house back. 

Any appointment updates? 
    Just the regular MFM deal. We’ll have another echo at 30 odd weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rave: it is almost 2020. DONE with 2019. 

Any milestones coming up? 
    Once I hit that 32 week ultrasound I’ll be past them. That’s when we got our diagnosis last pregnancy and even though our echo and subsequent ultrasounds have been fine, I think I’ll still be anxious until he is born healthy. 

MH and I always pop a really nice bottle of champagne. I’m having a glass! Almost indecently excited. 
  • @ieles2531 Can you tell me what to expect with the echo? They told me it would take 2-2.5 hours, but other than that, I know nothing.
  • @ieles2531 you are strong and brave and I don’t know how you do it.  I hope you can find ways to relax some and truly believe your baby will be just fine.  You deserve some happiness and joy in this pregnancy.
  • @ruby696 that time sounds about right since you are having twins. Our first echo last pregnancy took 90 minutes, the most recent one took a little less time. It’ll be no different from your end than a regular ultrasound. They will be looking closely at heart function, outflow tracks, pulmonary veins, squeezing, and all of the valves and arteries. Depending on the position and movement of the babies you may have to change position a few times, but overall it’s pretty painless. Don’t freak out when they tell you babies look good but they could be missing something...if there’s a defect that doesn’t show up on an echo it will be small, NOT catastrophic. I’d also try not to drink/eat anything sugary or caffeinated because the more they move the longer it takes. 

@pirateduck logically I know he’s fine, and for the most part I’m enjoying this pregnancy. Mercifully this is my LAST pregnancy so no matter what, knowing this is the last time I’ll be so stressed (at least until DD is a teenager) is helping. 
  • @ieles2531 Thanks for the tip! I'm nervous, but I think that's pretty normal. We all just want good news from these appointments. I can't wait till it's over.
  • @pirateduck congratulations on the good news. I'm so so glad those amnio results were negative. Take a deep breath, and try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pirateduck yay! I'm so glad you finally got your results and that they're negative! 

@pustiulari I'm glad your ultrasound went well and that you're feeling better/more confident about your pregnancy. I can totally relate to the whole not feeling how everyone expects me to. In the beginning everyone asked what I was hoping for (boy or girl) and my typical response was alive. Those who haven't struggled or haven't suffered a loss, don't always understand.

@ruby696 my body constantly aches, I can only imagine how much more you're going through with the twinsies! Sorry you have to work all week, I'm sitting here getting ready for work while H and S snooze away, but at least I get tomorrow off.

@ieles2531 eek, I'm sorry your in-laws are staying with you. My MIL is fine, but FIL is an obnoxious know it all and can't hear well so all he does is shout, if they're at my house for more than an hour, I'm done! You deserve that glass of champagne tonight!

20+5, 5/14, stm

Previous loss(es)? 
    12/25/16 MC, 7/13/18 CP

Physically achy, but other than that can't complain. Mentally, I'm feeling confident about the pregnancy, but I'm an emotional basket case!

Any appointment updates? 
    Just had my 20 week ob appt on Friday. I'm doing my 2 hour glucose test on 1/23 and my next ob appt is 1/24.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant: Back in November, I ordered my maternity scrubs from the website where we order our uniforms and they came in and were gigantic! Like I could fit both my legs in one pant leg. So I contacted the company, they sent me the return info and I paid $25 to ship them back. A few weeks later I got the e-mail that they received my return and I was clear to order my new ones. Put in my order for a size smaller, was told they were on 6 week backorder and they finally showed up yesterday. The tops are fine, the bottoms barely squeezed over my ass and heaven forbid I need to bend over or they'll definitely split! I started crying (see comment above about emotional basket case) so now I'll have to pay to ship them back only to get the original gigantic ones that I'll then have to take in myself. 

Rave: H got me a wood burning tool for Christmas and I did my first project the other night. It's so much harder than they make it look on youtube lol and I'll definitely need practice, but it's a fun new hobby to play around with. My first project in the spoiler

Any milestones coming up? Nope

H said he wants to play cards, which I'm cool with, but he falls asleep when I'm putting DS to bed so....we'll see if he can actually stay awake lol.
  • pirateduckpirateduck member
    edited December 2019
    @splashmountain seriously, everything makes me cry!
  • @splashmountain sounds like we have the same FIL! My DD is brown eyed and light brown haired, and she tans really dark. We tried to find a Barbie that looked more like her and my FIL commented upon seeing it: “wow are you sure you want her playing with ethnic looking dolls? Hopefully your grandkids don’t look like that!” Just wtf. Tomorrow morning cannot come fast enough!!!