February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

• This should be a confession. My H bought the Elf on the Shelf on clearance last week. This is for the baby, you know. I bought some outfits because why not.  :D I told him we're going to have to display this Elf next year because if we wait for the kid to understand what it is, it's going to stay in its box for a few more years.

We had our hospital tour last Saturday. There was only one other couple with us instead of 3 because the roads were so bad. It was interesting. I learned that we have to find a pediatrician BEFORE the baby is born. THis makes sense when you think of it but now I have a question. Let's say you want to go with pediatrician A. DO you call the office and say "Will you be my pediatrician?".
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Loading the player...
  • @rikiteacup - oh i'm sorry you got roped into Elf in a Shelf already :lol: I'm avoiding it as long as possible! I would get recommendations from local moms, make sure they have weekend hours, and interview the pediatrician you are interested in (if they are accepting new patients). This was the course we took and we are super happy with our pediatrician. If the pediatrician does not have privileges at the hospital in which you give birth, it is okay, they have staff pediatricians that will transfer care.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Victory - I went to the gym today!! Now I'm trying to be productive at work but thought I'd log in for a few while scarfing my lunch. 

Also on my to-do list is to find a kids' NYE activity. So far I'm striking out since they count down at noon, and I'm working until noon. I think I might change it to a fun New Years Day activity. But most things will be closed, and being 40 degrees and cloudy it might not be a great day for a hike. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @rikiteacup definitely look around for some and call them to do a meet and greet. Ask questions about breastfeeding support (mine has 2 LCs), hours, after hours, appointment scheduling (same day sick availability especially). I had talked to some mom friends about the ones we have here and has pretty much picked the one we go to, so meeting was just a formality for me. 

I hate that I had to schedule my appointment in the afternoon today. I like to go early and not have to think about it all day. Plus I always look forward to that little heartbeat. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @rikiteacup
    I knew we needed a pediatrician, so we set up a new family consultation for one of the 8 or so doctors who came referred from the OB's office, as they're all in the same hospital group, and reading her reviews and things, we felt comfortable picking her to meet. However, today I was kind of skimming through the online form to register for delivery at the hospital and literally every other doctor in that practice is listed in their drop down menu, but not the one we chose!!?! I can add her as a "not listed here" and her name, but it's just so strange to me that all the other doctors are listed and it seems like she's been at that practice for a while. I'm going to ask her about it when we meet next week, but ugh....nothing's ever simple! 

I'm feeling overwhelmed again! Next week I start the weekly NSTs and pretty much every week, DH and I have some sort of baby class/activity. That combined with me now having it in mind that I'll more than likely be induced early, I'm just hoping we can get through January! I still haven't told my mom that we would like to have a couple days to ourselves and she was making a big deal about me being induced so they can plan to be here on baby day...ugh
  • @rikiteacup we just called the office we knew we wanted from the hospital when our kids were born to set up an appointment. Here they have open enrollment for newborns at most offices. Options are pretty limited based on insurances here so I just asked on a local moms group for opinions on providers. 
    We do the elf and started it at 2 with ds1. He didn’t really get it but enjoyed the hide n seek concept and this year he understood it a lot more. We keep it simple and just hide it in different spots, we’re setting the bar low so we don’t run out of ideas lol
  • haha @doodleoodle - you won't get any push-back from me on this nonsense! Luckily my husband is even more of a grinch than I am, we just have to hope no one gives one to us in front of DD. This year she was very upset we didn't have any christmas lights on the house and I told her she had to talk to her father about that - it's not gonna happen!!! 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @doodleoodle the people I know with an elf just move it. No shenanigans from the elf. Most of those elaborate elf stuff is for Instagram IMO. Like everything else. One of my SILs spends hours doing her makeup just for 1 Instagram picture with a cup of coffee in her hand :neutral:
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @doodleoodle, we are also very anti-Elf in this house. One will never come into the house and if it does it will immediately be given back to the giver. 
  • I don't want an elf either! 
  • So...we have a PNP on our registry. It is one that has the raised bed things for baby, so we don't have to bend down too far into it. I have been going back and forth on what to put the baby in to sleep while in our room. I am not comfortable with having the baby in bed with us, but want the baby close without having to get out of bed. I feel like having the PNP pulled up to the bed is the best option for us....but....I also want a PNP downstairs for during the day (and have the perfect spot for it ;) )...so here is my dilemma/question for you ladies... Do I buy a second hand PNP so we have 2? OR Do I figure something else out for the living room (and do you guys have any suggestions?) OR Do we get something else for our room?

I don't know why I'm having such a problem with this!

TIA for your help with my dilemma :worried:
  • @burr1371 honestly I had the same thought about baby being close to the bed and not having to get out of bed. But it was not as easy to pick him up and get adjusted that way. It was easier to just get up and pick him up. I had a bassinet next to the bed for a week and I got annoyed with the whole process (plus interrupting DH’s sleep too) and just moved into the nursery. Baby in crib and me in the twin bed we had in there. It worked much better for us. 

But with that said, they also have the little beds that go next to your bed and are open on one side. I don’t know much about them but know people
    who have used them. Baby in it’s own space, but you aren’t going to roll into it either. I’m not sure if they’re 100% sleep safe but seem better than co sleeping to me (but I am not a co sleep fan). 
  • TTC#1

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup the Instagram nonsense drives me bonkers. One of my neighbors during the summer would frequently get all done up and water her flowers with a watering can outside while her husband snapped pictures. Then he’d go inside and she would begin watering the flowers with a garden hose like an actual person. 

@burr1371 I would get an inexpensive bassinet for the first floor.
  • @burr1371 - We used the PNP with the raised bed bedside and it was great. It was really important to me to have the baby at bedside for the first three months, after which we transitioned to the nursery. 

We only had one and used the PNP downstairs for the first few weeks since it had the great changing table (until we figured out she would sleep in the PNP upstairs). That being said it should be easy to find another changing area for downstairs, and my daughter wouldn't sleep in the PNP downstairs, ever, only attached to me or DH.

I guess my suggestion is that you see what baby is comfortable with before buying two of anything. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited December 2019
    Last day of the year is already a rough start, I forgot to put my glasses on this morning....no 2020 vision for me. Har har
    Might go home early from work today because my eyes were already angry on the way here and sitting in front of a computer squinting at it isnt going to do me a lot of good! 
  • Why aren’t the trim guys at our new house today? Oh they all have the flu. Seriously. What else can delay us moving in??? 
  • @ibabyloveb87, @doodleoodle, @leksiL - Thanks for the help. I liked all your ideas. I think I will wait until they are here to see what they like and use the PNP upstairs to start with. I don't want to buy another piece of something if we don't have to.
  • @jvk2012 I have been thinking we should do that soon. 
  • @jvk2012 I'm all for it, but no clue how to do it lol 
  • @jvk2012 I’m in too! Happy New Year ladies. 
  • I’m not entirely sure how to make a private group either. Anyone know and want to take charge?
  • @jvk2012 Totally agree! We could probably mimic how other BMBs got the ball rolling for a PG like nominating moderators and everything! I’m a part of some PGs but I never made one. I do know that it’s easier on a desktop, though!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Congrats @brookert615 so exciting!!

• Yay @brookert615! That is so exciting!!! 🎉
  • Yay @brookert615! congratulations!

@jvk2012 I’m in too, just don’t know how to go about setting that up :)
  • Congratulations @brookert615 not a moment too soon!!
  • Thank you, ladies!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 yay congrats! 
  • @brookert615 congratulations!!! Thrilled for you guys!
  • @brookert615
    i thought I posted this earlier, congrats! that's so awesome! :D