February 2020 Moms

December symptoms

Re: December symptoms

• @mandk1233 I’m sorry. I hope the mastitis clears up soon. 

I’m exhausted all the time and for some reason, whenever I bend over to pick something up it triggers Braxton Hicks. The pregnant body is so strange...
  • Add me to the tired but not sleeping well camp :disappointed: I worked today and tried to nap when I got home but to no avail.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m exhausted again too- I’ve been up to pee every night at 3am and then it’s baby party time, and MOTN BH time... last night I was up from 3-530am 😒.

The BH have also been unreal. I talked to the midwife about them and she said as long as we don’t pass 6 per hour for more than 1 hour before 36 weeks it’s fine. Apparently after 36 weeks all bets are off lol. Still having 9-10 daily feels like a lot but 🤷🏻‍♀️ just practicing!
  • ✋ yes to not sleeping well! And my crotch/between the legs is getting so sore to walk ..blah 
    ..5 weeks left! (Maybe less???)
  • @misstree5 oh add me to the crotch pains. the past few days it's felt like somebody's constantly stabbing my lady bits!!!
    Between that and the SPD symptoms...my poor pelvis can't wait until it gets a break! lol
  • +1 for random crotch pain, more like pelvis/crotch....its hard to explain...
  • @craftywitch I definitely have more BH when I’m more active, so I’m trying to rest as much as I can. MOTN mostly I get them when my bladder is full and I get up to pee. Which is basically hourly, ugh.

Speaking of which, is anyone else SUPER thirsty at night? I feel like i could drink gallons but I don’t because I’d have to pee even more!
  • Also with the awful BH... 3rd day in a row it's woken me up from sleep and I've been so uncomfortable it's been nearly impossible to fall back asleep. Usually hits me around 3am and on.... My husband keeps asking me if we need to call the doctor lol. My response is always no... This could go on for 4 or 5 more weeks..... So ready to have this baby!! 
  • Last night I used Breathe Right strips and it was such a game changer!
  • @swiftlet I get so thirsty at night! I usually chug a glass of water when I get up to pee. 
    Lots of Braxton Hicks, crotch pain and awful sleep here too. Pregnancy is fun. 
    I just sent my h and boys out to dinner with his parents and stayed home so I could just sit and relax for a little. 
  • @Swiftlet yes! I am so thirsty in the middle of the night. I’ve started keeping a large tumbler of water in my room because I can’t fall back to sleep.
  • @Swiftlet I have been going through almost 2 liters of water a night, and unfortunately, peeing about every hour and a half. I always wake up with a dry throat though so I am just dealing with the excess bathroom breaks
  • I guess I’m officially on the can’t sleep train since it’s 4 am and I’m wide awake. I’m usually such a good sleeper - which I know I’ve been lucky for thus far. I woke up an hour ago with acid reflux....that’s a real fun symptom I hadn’t had yet 😕. I want to get up and go watch TV or something but Hubby and I are on a little weekend getaway and are in a hotel room so there’s nowhere to go. Maybe I’ll go sit in the bathroom lol. 
  • @doodleoodle at this point, I'd say drink all the coffee you want lol ...just remember that you have to deal with the punching and kicking that results :p (not a Dr ...but in my mind, all major development is finished with the babies...they are just plumping up now lol) 
  • @doodleoodle GIRL SAME. Another morning waking up with painful BH and feeling like this baby's head is between my legs and I am just not having it with people anymore lol. My poor co-workers. 
  • @doodleoodle I was a total witch the other day. Then I realized I was exhausted and had had zero caffeine that day! It all makes sense now 😂 Mostly I’m feeling done with everything; the endless repeat questions are driving me nuts and I want to start snapping at people...
  • @Swiftlet I hear you! I know people mean well when they ask how I'm feeling but I just want to start wearing a sign that says "I'm fine" on it. 😂
  • @doodleoodle girl, drink the coffee.  
  • @mandk1233 same. I’m super tired and feel really pregnant. That’s my answer. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @mandk1233 my automatic response is “miserable”. It stops the conversation cold. I love it. 

@foreveronyourside that is such an uncomfortable feeling. Have you heard Seth Meyer’s story about the birth of his second child? That’s what it makes me think of!

I am loving all of the coffee support!
  • I took my rings off when making meatloaf tonight and I don’t think I can get them back on :( With DD I had to stop wearing them by 35 weeks, I’m 32.5 weeks now so I guess not too different. 
  • @doodleoodle nope, definitely looking that up on YouTube right now 😂
  • @jvk2012 don’t give up hope on the rings yet. One day mine won’t fit and the next they will. It has a lot to do with how humid it is for me. Haha 
  • @noxacanthus That is priceless! I'd be the same but add "so uncomfortable I'd probably bite the guy's head off before cracking a smile". Not the most attractive haha
    I gave up wearing my ring around week 32. Planned on wearing it around my neck, but got lazy and haven't. Part of me dares someone to give me a look or say something....🤣
  • I stopped wearing mine around week 30. Technically it still fit in the mornings, but was pretty hard to take off once I warmed up. I bought a cheap placeholder for day to day wear and have my greatgrandma's engagement ring (which is a couple of sizes bigger than mine) for days I want nice jewelry. 
  • Relate to all this! So thirsty for cold water at night but also throughout the day. Already took off engagement ring, hoping wedding ring hangs in. And had a revelation that I’m being a nightmare to my husband because I’ve been grumpy and I need to relax. Grumpy with strangers though when they don’t mind the bump enough - I swear 3 people almost brushed my stomach today in the grocery and I get so irrationally annoyed. Hang in there people 
  • Lightning crotch is for the birds. Why do i feel it up to my belly button? Maybe because things just are connected and more sensitive after a CS? Either way, it’s still for the birds. 
  • @craftywitch yes The countdown to trying everything to evict this baby is on! 
    @um_thor I also appreciate reading that everyone else is feeling the same way 
  • Is full-term 36 weeks or 37? 
  • @fallonpartyfor2 37 weeks 
  • Add constipated because what fun would this all be otherwise? I just want to be at home in my own bathroom. 
  • @fallonpartyfor2 @ibabyloveb87

Full term is 39 weeks. At 37 weeks, you’re considered late pre-term.
  • @daffodil_shoe I didn’t know that! Our birth center allows us to use them between 37-42 weeks so I just assumed that was full-term. Is 35 weeks considered ‘term’ or anything before 39 is preterm?