March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (Week of 12/16)

Tell us what you did this weekend and what’s on deck for this week! 

Re: Weekly Randoms (Week of 12/16)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone’s been so busy! I had my local moms club holiday party, then a Sat playdate, then only our 2nd date night since DS’s birth that night, allll the errands Sunday, and then zoo lights at night. 

I took DS to two library times this morning and then spent his nap baking and doing laundry. He only just woke up so we are in for a late night. I just was really enjoying not having him “help” with my chores  :D I should have woken him up sooner though. Whoops. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I drank my sugar drink and I’m waiting for my blood draw....today was our staff holiday potluck so I had several cookies/brownies. I hope that doesn’t affect my results! It was hours ago so it should have metabolized, I guess? 

Our school nurse said she’s sent several kids home with vomiting today. I’m guessing we have norovirus or something other “stomach flu” virus spreading at school. Washing my hands every few minutes like mad to avoid getting sick.
  • Options
    @kantobean ah. I’ve heard you shouldn’t eat anything sugary/carbs before the test, but not sure how many hours back that goes. They should have told you that though!

my doctor told me to not have a carb or sugar breakfast. 

• Options
    I haven’t been able to put my feet up today and they’re KILLING me. And so super swollen. Thank goodness it’s almost bedtime. 
  • Options
    @kantobean, I had a couple of rolos a few hours before my test, and failed miserably.. lol.  I hope you do better than I did!  I suspect I might have failed even without doing that, though, since my levels were so high (211) that they didn't even allow me to do the 3 hour test.  I have an appointment with a diabetes educator on Tues.  I was thinking of calling them back though and letting them know about the chocolate I had pre-test. 

@silverhope, my midwife didn't say anything about what I should or shouldn't eat before the test, but I tried to keep it in check a bit on my own knowing that it might skew my results (but caved on the rolos.)  I ate sensibly otherwise on that day.  so idk why they didn't tell me to avoid anything.. maybe they wanted a reading of how their patients 'usually' eat?  with my other 2 pregnancies, they never told me to avoid anything before the test either.. and with those pregnancies, I passed the test easily without watching what I ate. 

@miss.sally, hope you were able to get some good rest!

• Options
    @kantobean After having taken a glucose reading 4x a day for 7 days, I can say--a cookie or two shouldn't matter if you aren't at risk for GD anyway. What got me on the one day my result was bad after lunch was that I was drinking a sugary drink *up until right before* I did the blood draw. FX that you pass! <3
  • Options
    @chichiphin AHHHHHHHHHH I'm dying over here! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @mrsvp614 @chichiphin Omg talk about a planning fail!!!  Bahahahhaa!  My partner is all about thinking initials, nicknames, etc. just to ensure that sort of thing doesn't happen, lol!
  • Options
    I passed my glucose! Whew.

@chichiphin that is absolutely nuts!! Ok this is why I just NEED to name this baby before birth. 
  • Options
    @kantobean Yay for passing the glucose test!!!!
  • Options
    My DS loves Elsa and Anna too @miss.sally!
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    Successfully baked 7 batches of Christmas cookies yesterday. It was awesome because we did it at my aunt’s with her teenagers and they all took turns helping with cookies and helping with kids, so I got the right balance of baking, fun, and rest. Helped me get back in the Christmas spirit. 🎄 Today is my 4 year old’s last day of school before break so I plan to stay in my pajamas with my 2 year old and relax while I can. Luckily she’s a cuddle bug. 

@miss.sally I’ve noticed that about the Frozen clothes too. So annoying that we haven’t gotten to the point of more gender neutral. Even a lot of the girl stuff is over the top frilly and not my style. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally Do little boy clothes fit differently than little girl clothes or could you buy a more gender-neutral looking Frozen shirt meant for a girl? One of the reasons we haven't revealed sex is bc how gendered baby clothes are--makes me crazy. 

@kantobean Glad you passed!

@momoftoddlers I just got in to my Dad's house last night and there are 12 million cookies here. How will we resist!

AFM: I'm in south jersey. It's cold, but it was boiling hot and INSANELY dry in the third floor attic bedroom last night that I stay in. My little humidifier didn't do much! But I'm happy to be here & looking forward to.... xmas shopping!!!!! Which I still desperately need to do!!!! Ahhhh!!!! And having cookies for breakfast. 

Flying pregnant was kind of not fun. I was so fidgety. I have... 4 more flights between now and Jan. 15, and then no more flying for me until I give birth. I have to fly home (a flight with a stopover then another flight) and then I'm being flown to a job interview in early Jan. (2 short flights, one plane each). Take-offs and landings were the worst, but luckily one of the flights was only an hour and the other ~an hour and a half (though actually slightly shorter). The trip back down will be a little shorter & I'm going to indulge myself in an aisle seat this time. I hate paying to choose a seat, but I think it's necessary. I didn't HAVE to pee on the slightly longer flight when I had the window seat, but it would have been nice to get up and walk around-- I would have if I had the aisle seat, like I did on the shorter flight--I got up to pee just to get up. Anyway. It all was fine, but it just makes me unnecessarily nervous (even though baby moved around like crazy most of the time) so I'm looking forward to that being over. That being said, has to be better than 23 hours (each way) in a car (for my trip to NJ) or 7.5 hours in a car (each way) for my job interview in Jan.!

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom unfortunately girl clothes are cut way differently. And I haven’t seen a single item of frozen clothing even CLOSE to being gender neutral. It’s just annoying. 
  • Options
    kailanaekailanae member
    edited December 2019
    @miss.sally I have a mom in another BMB that has a son obsessed with Frozen.  She recommended Kohl's Frozen shirts - they did at one point have a bunch actually labeled as "boys" with the princesses on them, but they don't have that anymore.  Looking through their girls shirts online though, there seem to be some with the princesses on more neutral shirt colors without frills/girly cuts that I think could work for a DS!
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    I’m so ready for a break. DD tested positive for the flu on Friday. I took DS in yesterday because he started coughing and has a low grade fever but his was negative. So he just has a cough. Now I’m coughing like crazy but I don’t have a fever so I don’t think it’s the flu thank goodness. Meanwhile H is still recovering from surgery so he can’t help at all, plus I’m taking care of him. Trying to take care of two sick kids plus an adult while sick and 7 months pregnant two days before Christmas is not my ideal. I have t even started wrapping gifts yet and I still have a few kinds of cookies yet to make. Send help. And cough drops. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally oh nooooo! I’m so sorry DD has the flu! I hope you’re able to get some rest and stay (mostly) well! 

Happy Chanukah to anyone celebrating tonight!
  • Options
    @miss.sally so sorry your daughter has the flu (and your son is sick too and you still have to nurse yh post-surgery). I really hope u catch a break and can get some rest after the holidays!

• Options
    @miss.sally, take care of yourself.  that sounds rough.  I hope everyone gets better soon.

last night, a neighbor boy was knocking on my door nervously and I almost didn't answer because he's gotten so tall I hardly recognized him (he hung out with DD all the time when they were little.)  he had a little box in his hand for DD for Christmas.  It was adorable.. he must have gotten her a little ring or something (I didn't hover over her or watch her open it or anything) .. but, yikes.  she's 13.  it's starting.   :confused:
  • Options
    @miss.sally sending healing powers your way! That sounds like no fun!
    @kantobean happy Hanukkah!
    @treetop19 now I need to know what's in that box! Update us please!! 
  • Options
    @keeksie84, it was a necklace, to which I breathed a sigh of relief.  lol.  I still have to send DD back over there to thank him at least.. we were planning on baking cookies and giving him a plate for his family, but unfortunately, the cookies didn't turn out all that well (and I haven't had time to make another batch.)  :)
  • Options
    @treetop19 thanks for the update! I work in middle school and cannot comprehend what it will be like raising two tween/teen girls!!!