Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 12.28-12.29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 12.28-12.29

• Month/Cycle: 8

CD/DPO: 29/17

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 🤷‍♀️

Testing: all bfn, wfaf. Started spotting so should be anytime now. MH is going to make a dr appointment to see if one of his meds might be affecting things. Next month going to start using ovulation strips as well. 

R/R: today was hard. Nothing really happened, I think announcements and other stuff are really starting to sink in, mixed with after holiday exhaustion. Hoping tomorrow is better. 

Nope, never stick to them or they don’t work out. 

CS/Q: not right now

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2019
    **Lurking from WTO**

@keeponknittingon Just wanted to give you some company & say that I’m sorry today has been hard. I know what you mean about the announcements sinking in. I saw one on Christmas Day that keeps replaying in my mind. Happy for the awesome lady, but sad for myself and you and all of us here.

On another note, do you know what kind of ovulation strips you’re going to try next cycle? I use Pregmate off Amazon: $25 for 100 OPKs plus 50 pregnancy tests. That’s their “expensive” box! I’ve found them to be super accurate & helpful for tracking my cycle on the FertilityFriend app. Good luck to you, & I hope tomorrow is indeed better than today! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @keikilove. I haven’t settled on one yet, I’ve just been browsing and reading reviews. There’s so many choices. I’ll definitely check out that box! 
  • @keeponknittingon I’m so sorry you had a difficult day. TTC really, really sucks sometimes, and I think a lot of us find the holidays extra difficult. Hang in there ❤️

I’m also going to echo @keikilove with a vote for Pregmate. Great bang for your buck. I bought my current box in July and haven’t run out yet. Although I’m going to soon... really hoping I don’t have to order another one 😣

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD/DPO: 24/8

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: New Year’s Eve probably. 

R/R: Can’t decide if I’m trying to stay positive for this cycle or not. I usually do, but then the disappointment is just terrible. So for now I’ll just content myself with cleaning my floors 🤗

No. When I resolve to do something, I usually can’t wait for one specific day a year to do it lol. I’m a “do it as soon as I think of it” kind of person.

CS/Q:

• queenie_tqueenie_t member
    edited December 2019
    @keeponknittingon sorry it has been hard for you. Hoping for good news for you in 2020. 

Month/Cycle: 10/12

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: If I decide to test, NYE.

R/R: Trying to distract myself by decorating my happy planner 

Not exactly. Last year, I started doing a theme for the year instead of a resolution. I find that I face less stress when I do that. 

CS/Q:
  • Looks like amazon Canada doesn’t have that awesome deal on the pregmate ones. I could only find one listing for a box of 50 LH and 20 HCG for $40 plus $16 for shipping  :# I think I’m going to try out the wondflo ones. From my quick research, they seem to be preferred over the easy@homes. And I found a box of 60 for $18. 

@queenie_t That’s a great distraction! I love my happy planner. I have so many stickers for it  :smile: 
  • @keeponknittingon  I found all of the announcements around the holidays to be hard too.  I found this week to be extra hard.

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD/DPO: 14/1

Timing: -4, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 14

Testing:  Probably at the end of next week.

R/R:  I bought one of the more expensive OPKs this cycle; I really regretted it when I had a few bad tests (control line never showed up).  It felt like money just going down the drain.  I've used cheaper ones before, and they worked just as well.  @keikilove  I think that I'm going to try Pregmate.  I just looked it up, and I really just can't pass up on getting that many tests for only about $25.

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?  No.  I just never saw the point of making resolutions at the beginning to the year; I try to do it throughout the year.

CS/Q:

Pregnancy Ticker