Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 12.28-12.29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions? 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 12.28-12.29

• Hi all! Happy holidays/new year. I hope it went as smoothly as possible for everyone. I think I'm here for a day more maybe, my first ever chart included at the bottom!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM charting, OPKs, PNVs, BD when the mood strikes-we had a few weeks away, so we've been pretty frequent until this cold got in the way. Still doing my low carb diet, trying to get in daily activity.

R/R: I have a terrible cold. I worked yesterday and had to sit down a few times, and was almost in tears by the time I got home. DH has been taking good care of me, but I'm stubbornly refusing to take any meds because I'm worried they'll hurt our chances. Although honestly, I'm in no shape to BD so I'm sure that will hurt our chances more than a dayquil or two. Plus, I've been really excited about BBT charting this cycle, and this cold is definitely going to mess it up (even more than night shifts and travel).

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions? For a long time the only resolutions I made were weight loss related. But I lost a substantial amount of weight 2 years ago, and while I'm always trying to keep my eye on even healthier habits, I'm hoping to focus on some other things this year... I'm thinking of targeting less TV, less gossiping at work, and more real communication with friends--instagram stalking doesn't count.

CS/Q:
    I think FF will predict O day is tomorrow if my temps cooperate. Pre-Mom has it today based on yesterday's OPK peak. Based on CM I would almost think yesterday was O day. I guess it doesn't really matter, I just have to muster the energy to keep BD if possible. 

• @notagoodpatient Your charts look great! Congrats on posting them here.😊 And I’m so sorry for your loss.♥️ I can totally relate to wanting to get right back to it! 

Month/Cycle: 19/IDK/2 AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: This list has gotten really ridic. The short version: FF, BBT, OPK, PNV w/Folate, tons of supplements, tons of meds, lots of sleep, sunshine, & moderate exercise. Estradiol & Progesterone & Lovenox after Ovulation. We used to BD everyday during FW but I think we are so tired that it will now be EOD. 

R/R: Christmas Eve & Christmas Day & Christmas Dinner were all beautiful! We needed it after several years of very tense holiday gatherings after losing my mom. No rants this week! 

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I always make resolutions about fitness, finances, & friendships. I will keep those. @notagoodpatient I really like your resolutions & will add those in too. 

CS/Q: Just two dots right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: Jan 2018. this cycle will be our two year milestone

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: I think we're going to try the every other day thing this cycle. 

TW pregnancy announcement

R/R:   DH's cousin send an ULTRASOUND picture on the back of their holiday card with a cutsey message, I barely know these people, though DH did spend summers with the husband. I know his family knows of our loss. It was just... thoughtless. 
    Who sends their ultrasound to everyone they know?

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions?  No. I do set goals thought. 

CS/Q:

• Month/Cycle:  6/6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pre-natals and OPK, working on better timing with more information

R/R: I am glad that the holidays are over.  They were just super stressful with lots of family drama.  Back home with a few days off together will be a nice way to start the year.  

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I don't normally make resolutions, but it has been a crazy rough year.  So I am thinking of starting some new routines as a way to distinguish the old year from the new year.  I know that things won't magically get better once the clock strikes 12, but maybe some new routines might get us in a better frame of mind!  Better meal planning, more consistent exercise for the puppy, and journaling!
  • @notagoodpatient hopefully you get over the cold soon!  I think it's such a good idea to make resolutions to be a better person/better friend. Helps make life more positive 🙂

@keikilove glad your Christmas went well!

@the_road_to_oz what an awkward holiday card

@dobiemom11 sounds like a great way to start off the new year and decade!

Month/Cycle: 30/25

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: biopsy on the 6th for ERA and Receptiva testing, then FET

R/R: my grandparent's on my dad's side were so thankful that we drove the 5 hours to see them. The only downside to having a electric car is the extra time to charge, but we always plan for that in our travel time. And then DH wanted to drive home instead of spending the night in a hotel so we got home at midnight. Was nice to wake up in my own bed though.

It was either my dad's side (who we didn't see at Christmas last year) with no babies, or DH's mom's side that's just full of drama and somebody getting ticked off about something someone said. DH has cousins on that side that are over 10 years younger than him - grandma had a 2nd marriage. Unrelated to Christmas, but his grandma has taken the grandkids out to dinners and movies a few times but it's never included him or his sister so now there's tension about that. Oh well, we'll just live in our little bubble and that's fine until we can get KU.

GTKY: Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
    I have but they usually don't happen like getting into working out on a regular basis. I did decent this year about being more minimal and got rid of a bunch of clothes. I hate donating to Goodwill since they're not the greatest organization, but it's easy to just drop my old stuff off and not care. Come tax time though I'm like, why do I bother with this crap for the tax stuff, it doesn't seem to give me any benefit.

My resolutiont year is to just become a better person and take care of my mental health. I got the sunrise/wakeup alarm clock, a light therapy lamp, and a weighted blanket so hoping I make huge strides in managing my anxiety and my mood! 

CS/Q: nope
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove thanks! I’m so glad your holiday was lovely! I can relate to being tired. I was beating myself up for not wanting to BD again today, but with later than normal ovulation and this cold I’ve tuckered myself out. 

@the_road_to_oz I’m sorry about that announcement, what a blindside. And I’m also sorry for your upcoming milestone. Hopefully 2020 is your year!

@dobiemom11 I think those are great goals. I do much better with goals versus resolutions, and often set monthly goals for myself. So NY resolutions are sort of just January goals 😆 I’m sure your pup will appreciate it though

@inthewoods23 very impressed with your new year goals and the strides you’ve already made! Sorry for all the family drama. MH also always insists we drive back (or fly back) instead of staying the night somewhere. And while I’m also reluctant to travel late, it is SO NICE to wake up in tour own bed. 

AFM: my temp came down the morning, which is confusing since I was so certain I had ovulated based on OPK and CM. Maybe the ibuprofen did throw things off? I’m telling myself it’s more likely because I’m sick and can’t breathe through my nose etc., but it’s making me feel less good about our timing...I ended up going back to sleep for a few hours after I recorded this temp and rechecked when I woke up and it was higher, but I’m under the impression that you’re really looking for the lowest temp your body is at...

CS

• @inthewoods23. Better mental health is my goal as well. Just trying to go back to those things I know help, but that seem impossible when suffering from anxiety.  Best of luck with your goals.  
  • *lurking from TWW* @notagoodpatient I think your OPK might be a better indicator of O than BBT given your illness, schedule, and travel. See what it does over the next few days, but your timing looks good to me!