Trying to Get Pregnant

Holiday Support Thread 2019

1235»

Re: Holiday Support Thread 2019

• @dobiemom11 whaaatt? That's a super-rude comment! I am so sorry you had to deal with that. What the heck is wrong with people that they think they can ask questions like that?? 
  • @capnjackharkness oh no! Aww I’m so very sorry. Seems like this Christmas has been tough for everyone and there have been so many PG announcements. *hugs* 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dobiemom11 That was so rude of him. I’m flabbergasted.
    @capnjackharkness Ughhhh, I’m sorry. That stinks. I hope she told you in a private way.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @capnjackharkness  so sorry! Wishing you comfort. And fortunately for me my MIL made a last-minute decision to fly across the country to see my SIL who is in the navy. Even though it’s just postponing the inevitable, I’m glad I didn’t have to have that conversation on Christmas. 

@dobiemom11 that’s such a hurtful comment. Today, someone said to me “the year 2020 will be your year.” I found that strangely satisfying. Hoping that 2020 will be your year!

• @tryingktogku man I really wish people would just shut the hell up.

@emeraldduchess I've fully embraced being an aunt too. I call it practice for my own 🙂

@keeponknittingon I dealt with a similar issue of 3 on one side of the family all due within a month and a half of each other. Survived that time earlier in the year. 

@capnjackharkness so sorry you got that news. It's hard to be happy for family.

@dobiemom11 what a bizarre question to ask someone! Glad other family also thought it was inappropriate.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mindyb2019 I am so sorry that happened to you.  I was thinking about you while I was having my "puppy calming" break.  I am really proud of you for being supportive of family and yet still recognizing that it was going to be difficult.  And boys can be stupid!  
  • @dobiemom11 aww, thank you. Ya thanks. I’m proud of myself too. I try to be supportive as much as I can for family even though I’m still sad or jealous etc. Yes... agreed! Boys can be more then stupid lol 😆 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2019
    I don’t want to do anything again today. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @mindyb2019 ugh wtf! It took my a long time to get past our FET failure. Can I also him for you??
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 right??? Ugh.. Like wtf?  Can you also him? What does that mean? Lol 
  • edited December 2019
    @mindyb2019 I am so angry on your behalf. You don't "get over" losing a pregnancy, and you certainly can't be expected to process your grief on other people's time table. My losses were a year ago and almost six months ago. I still left the room on Christmas Eve when the LOs were exchanging gifts because I didn't want to cry in front of DH's family. 
    ETA I got a few "at least it was early" comments like that, too. Like somehow I had it easier than others. Screw that way of thinking. Nobody has the right to tell you how to feel or how to grieve.

@capnjackharkness I'm sure your sister's news is very difficult to process. Lots of hugs to you. 💙
  • @emeraldduchess thanks girl. 😘 I’m angry too. I agree with you, you don’t ever get over losing a pregnancy. I’ll always think about it no matter how much time passes and I definitely don’t want to be forced or expected to grieve when someone else wants me to. F that!! 🤬 I’m sorry you had to leave the room on Christmas Eve. I understand that feeling. I love my husband but I really don’t think he gets it. Maybe he doesn’t care or it’s not hard for him but it’s difficult for me. Ya just because it happened earlier in pregnancy doesn’t make it any easier. I agree. Screw that way of thinking! Sorry you got some comments like that too. 
  • @mindyb2019 lmao I had just woken up at the time and completely missed a word. I meant to say can I SLAP him for you?!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 hahaha that’s ok. I figured you must have missed a word lol. Yes you can! Please do. Be my guest 😆 
  • Hi ladies, I took a couple of days off to just relax. I made it through Christmas just barely. 

One of my friends (who has an idea that I’m going through IF and has actively encouraged me in the past to confide in her about it) announced her pregnancy to the group text on Christmas Eve morning.  I spent most of the afternoon crying. I just couldn’t stop feeling sorry for myself. Then Christmas Eve, my poor H got a nasty comment from a family member about our lack of children. 

I’m basically just ready to leave 2019 far behind. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 wtf man, a nasty comment? Like that's going to get things moving along?

I feel like we need to come up with some good comebacks like "sorry last I checked I was a human, not a rabbit or a fish"
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mindyb2019 This internet stranger is super proud of you handling your SIL's present-opening so well. I'm really sorry about YH's hurtful comments. Maybe trying to shove the pain into the past is his own way of dealing with it (not that I'm trying to make excuses for him). I hope you guys get to talk it out soon, just so he can be more understanding of where you're coming from.

@mvt2003 I'm so sorry that happened. 103 more hours (give or take depending on your time zone).

• @mvt2003 I am so sorry for the group-chat announcement and the nasty comment. So many hugs to you, friend. I hate that so often people just assume that all who are living child-free are doing so by choice. Whether or not that's the case, it's no one's business.

• Thanks, friends. 

@inthewoods23 the comment was from someone who should have known better too. MH’s uncle and his wife don’t have children, for various reasons including loss, so he should have never freaking come up to my poor H and said “so, guess you’re not having children, huh?” 

@emeraldduchess thank you. I was so irrationally mad too - she made the effort to not tell me in person this time, telling me via text was a really nice thing to do. I just wish she hadn’t done it on Christmas Eve. That was a crappy thing to do. She hasn’t done a social media announcement yet, so it’s not that she wanted to do it before that. 

@ssbl Literally counting down. 2019 has been a dumpster fire for me. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 oh god! That nasty comment was not nice nor appropriate to say. I’m so sorry he said that to YH and sorry you for the group text announcement. Hugs all around to you 💕 2020 is coming soon and 2019 will be the past. 

@ssbl thank you internet stranger 😉 lol I appreciate it. 🥰 yes it definitely could be his way of handling/dealing with it by shoving it down in the past. Either way it’s was really hurtful to me and a pretty shifty way of dealing with it. Honestly, I don’t think he will ever understand where I’m coming from so it’s like beating a dead horse to even talk about it anymore. I just want to move forward and try and focus on positive things in 2020. 
  • @mvt2003 I’m with you, lady. I’ve been imagining 2019 as that burning house gif. Ready to rebuild in the new year!!

• edited December 2019
    @shoogapoff @NYTino24 Yeah, it was pretty empathetic. She sat us down and gave me something for my angel babies and then told me. But it was hard because it was the start of Christmas with my family and then I was with them all day, so I couldn't really run off and escape to process.  

@dobiemom11 Dude... WTF with MIL's new husband?!?  

@mindyb2019 So sorry about your DH's comments!  He really does NOT get it.  I'm so sorry. It doesn't matter how far along you were, it still really really hurts and it's still a loss and it still takes time to get over!

@emeraldduchess I HATE it when people tell me "at least yours were early" or "It was probably early because there were big chromosomal issues."  And even though I feel those things inside, I still get rankled when people say them to me.  
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness after all we have been through the past year, I know to never start a sympathetic statement with "at least". I'm glad your sister was kind, even if the timing wasn't great. I'm sure it would have helped to have time alone to process and feel everything you needed to feel. 
  •  DH's cousin send an ULTRASOUND picture on the back of their holiday card with a cutsey message, I barely know these people, though DH did spend summers with the husband. I know his family knows of our loss. It was just... thoughtless. 
    Who sends their ultrasound to everyone they know?

Not triggering at all. I wonder how many people they managed to put in a tailspin in one move. 
    TW - thoughtless pg announcement 

• 7 days before I finally muted someone on FB 

7 days is all it's taken before I'm like, ok coworker that's enough pictures about your kid even though I've only seen posts on maybe 3 or 4 of these days in the past week. I'm not really triggered about it, but I'm just annoyed that something has to pop up so often on the top of my feed when I go in FB. Oh, and all the people that were like "what a wonderful Christmas gift!" on the post about taking the baby home.

This is when I bless my sister for not posting so much to FB (mostly just the monthly milestone shots) and just keeping the billion photos and videos saved and shared in a Google Photos album.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause