April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight- Bottles

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Bottles!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

STMs....Favorite bottles?
Any bottle accessories you'd reccommend?

FTMs...
Any bottles you're looking at or have questions about?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Travel Accessories 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight- Bottles

• We did mostly breastfeeding and I'm a SAHM, so only used bottles if I was away from DS for a long time. I loved loved loved the Kiinde twist system. I was able to pump right into the bag, then freeze or fridge, then the nipple goes right on top and you toss the bag when you're done. It was super easy for people who babysat, and no extra clean up. 

We also used nanobebe bottles for a bit as a test for DH to wake up early so I could sleep. They're the ones that look like boobs. DS took to both systems easily, but I know some kids are pickier. 🤷
  • We used Philips Avent. We switched to bottle feeding early and tried a few other kinds. That was the one he liked best. Hope this one agrees so we can just buy new nipples and reuse some of the bottles. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • How many bottles  do you usually need ? (I'm planning to breastfeed & work only one day a week when my husband is home after baby comes.) 

Also did you wait until you tried one kind of bottle and your baby liked it before buying more? 

• @nicoleyolee We had a lot of bottles, but he was exclusively on the bottle. We usually needed 3-4 to get through a day at daycare when he was young. We would pack the bottles in the morning and they would send them back at night, so we could theoretically wash them every day and use the same ones. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • We bottlefed from the beginning. We had good luck with dr browns and avent bottles. The dr browns are a pain to clean, but ds liked them. We had a bottle sterilizer, but only used it in the beginning. If you plan on using warm bottles, I definitely recommend a bottle warmer as well as a travel bottle warmer.
    STMs, are you reusing bottle nipples or getting new ones?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first, I exclusively BF until he went to daycare at 3 months old. He refused all bottles I tried initially. I had the best luck with the Lansinoh mOmma brand bottle. He took to that one over the 8 other bottles I tried. For the next baby, I will be using the same bottles but likely replace the nipples. Tip of advice for BF mom's, consider letting dad bottle feed a few times a week consistently so baby becomes familiar with the bottle. It was a total nightmare having baby who would go to daycare, not eat all day, and then want to nurse all night!

26 y/o FTM (biologically)
    1 Child - Son - 9 y/o
    Married - DH 27 y/o 
    BFP: 10/13/17
    EDD: 6/22/18
    Pregnancy Ticker