2nd Trimester

TMI: butt rash question

So this is going to be TMI but here goes. For the past week I have have had a burning pain on my butt, lower part of the cheeks almost into butt crack. It usually doesn’t hurt when I wake up in the morning and I hardly notice it’s there. It starts to bother me in the evening when it starts to burn and does not stop. It also is mostly on the left side. It hurts when I wipe after a BM and when I wash in the shower. I got as good of a look at it as I could and it mostly looks red and irritated, it is one large raised patch as opposed to individual bumps. I have IBS so I am no stranger to hemorrhoids and this is very different. I have been experiencing a fair amount of urine leakage so I have had to wear a pad 24/7 for the past few weeks, that may be related. I put Vaseline on the area after I showered tonight and will talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment in 2 weeks. In the meantime I wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar and what it was/ what helped? Thank you! 

Re: TMI: butt rash question

• So this is going to be TMI but here goes. For the past week I have have had a burning pain on my butt, lower part of the cheeks almost into butt crack. It usually doesn’t hurt when I wake up in the morning and I hardly notice it’s there. It starts to bother me in the evening when it starts to burn and does not stop. It also is mostly on the left side. It hurts when I wipe after a BM and when I wash in the shower. I got as good of a look at it as I could and it mostly looks red and irritated, it is one large raised patch as opposed to individual bumps. I have IBS so I am no stranger to hemorrhoids and this is very different. I have been experiencing a fair amount of urine leakage so I have had to wear a pad 24/7 for the past few weeks, that may be related. I put Vaseline on the area after I showered tonight and will talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment in 2 weeks. In the meantime I wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar and what it was/ what helped? Thank you! 
    I would contact your doctor. I have had yeast infection that had what you are describing.  Please call and get checked, and proper meds, if needed. 
  • I'm thinking it's possibly a yeast infection too, especially with the 24/7 pad wearing and the leaking. I agree with PP, don't wait, call your doctor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow, a yeast infection never even occurred to me, thanks guys! 

Since it is Saturday can I wait until Monday to call or should I call the on call doctor? 
  • Oh wow, a yeast infection never even occurred to me, thanks guys! 

Since it is Saturday can I wait until Monday to call or should I call the on call doctor? 
    Personally, I would call the on call doctor.  Tell them what's going on. They will tell you if you should go to urgent care or if you can wait until Monday, or they may give different instructions for OTC stuff to try until Monday.