Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 12/23

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020?

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 12/23

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/5; 12+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Roborovski hamster

Upcoming appointments: US and OB intake tomorrow!

How are you feeling? pretty good today, and as a whole, really. Still not great. But not ready to puke at all times, so I'll take it!

Raves/Rants: this is neither of those things... just sharing. DH and I haven't really talked about names much, except that I let him know I like Hudson. I found out, this weekend, that Grayson is his front runner. Grayson used to be my #1 boy name... but now I'm loving Hudson more. So, I won't be disappointed if we end up with Grayson, but I'm definitely going to try to convince him to go with Hudson instead.

Questions: none

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? .... hmmm... that's a toughy right now! I haven't put much thought into it and we don't/won't have any trips planned so I can save up allll the PTO.

I guess one thing I'm already looking forward to is warm weather toddler hangs. We're good friends with the parents of most of DD's daycare friends and we always have lots of fun get together/play dates when the weather is warm. One family we're super close with lives in the neighborhood so it's lots of fun to just pop over to each other's homes after work and let the kids play/have a few drinks (not me this year, obviously). So, I'm excited for that!
  • Options
    @blaf322 I know a mom from a local group who named ds1 Grayson. They recently had ds2 and named him Hudson! I think both names are super cute

EDD/weeks+days: 11w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Apparently baby can fit on a peanut butter cup today 🤤

Upcoming appointments: NIPT ultrasound in one week! Once I see that baby is still doing okay, we’ll make it public

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. Slowly getting some energy back, and have even stayed up past 10pm some nights! The thought of eating healthy food still kind of turns me off and takes some effort. Looking forward to second tri!

Raves/Rants: today is my last day of work until the new year! My coworkers and I just got back from brunch so now I don’t really feel like doing much for the rest of the day. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? 2019 started out great, and ended poorly, so I’m just looking forward to start some new memories as our family grows.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

EDD/weeks+days: 12 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green for now 

Baby is the size of a(n): Swedish Fish 

Upcoming appointments: Jan 16th

How are you feeling? Fine. Sometimes I forget that I’m pregnant, and then all of a sudden my boobs hurt or I am about fall asleep. 

Raves/Rants:  Rave that I am off work until the new year! Perks of being a teacher include Winter Break

Questions: How early is too early to wear maternity clothes? I am down to one pair of pants that fit other than sweats or yoga pants. 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? Honestly I have not thought about it. Right now our minds on focused on this miracle. 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days:
    7/7 11+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    Blue

Baby is the size of a(n):
    profiterole 

Upcoming appointments:
    NT scan 12/26, NIPT came back last week all good. :)

How are you feeling? 
    My nausea is finally easing up to just the evenings now. I’m still tired all the time.

Raves/Rants: 
    Rave / enjoying the time off from work and doing nothing at home with DH. Our family is in Australia so Christmas is just us which I’ve come to love. Next year it will be with our little boy :). It’s also my birthday on Sunday and it’s the first time in a while that I’m looking forward to a birthday. We’re also announcing to our family and friends after our NT scan on Thursday so it’s an exciting week all round. 

Questions:
    None

Our first child being born is top of the list but the other thing we are excited about is becoming US citizens. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    EDD - We’ll say 7/1.  13 weeks Baby was still ahead 5 days on ultrasound (elective).

Team pink-  girl confirmed at us and by NIPT

How are you feeling? Overall better, had migraine yesterday and that sucked

Relieved NIPT results were all clear.
    rants/raves
    On vacation until 1/6!! This time was desperately needed.  Checked out two children’s resale stores close to us.  Lots of super cute things a lot with original tags.

Questions-  Do any STM or TTM remember how many newborn sized things you bought or got in shower?  

GTKY 
    As much as it’s nerve wracking (budget wise) my wife’s retirement from her teaching career.  New opportunities and think she’ll be a lot happier.

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/7 12 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green this time 

Baby is the size of a(n): Swedish fish 

Upcoming appointments: my OB office (god bless military medicine) had NO open appointments for my follow up next week so I'm in limbo; but should be next week (insert eye roll here)

How are you feeling? Eh, we’re home and my phone has no service in BFE where my parents live. But I always miss home, and it’s nice to see all our old friends 

Raves/Rants: my husband thinks it’s fine to drive all over the area to see everyone. The car increases my nausea and our toddler isn’t a fan of being stuck in weird peoples homes and places. I told him we drove 2 days to get here, the least people can do is make their way to us

Questions: nope

finally submitting my release from the military! Woot woot!
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @bluguitarhannah DD was only in NB for a month or so and then she was in 0-3 (she was right at 7lbs at birth). So, I'd recommend focusing more heavily on the 0-3 because that's when you'll be more likely to be out of the house anyway. She lived in sleepers for the first month b/c it was just easier and we were home most of the time anyway.

I didn't get hardly any clothes at my shower because I didn't register for them. I put, like, one or two things on there for the people who would insist on getting some...but put the not as fun things on there for the most part. I didn't want to encourage people to give a gift of all clothing b/c then you have a ton of stuff that may not be your style. Plus, let's face it, I'd rather buy the clothes if I have to buy something... b/c it's the fun part. 

I'd say start with at least 5-7 NB sleepers and same with outfits (I hate laundry, so I'd rather have too much than be stressed trying to get laundry done b/c baby spit up or had a blowout on their last outfit). The rest should be 0-3mo. The exception would be if you find out you're likely going to deliver early. Then you might want some preemie sized stuff and more NB, depending on how often you end up getting out of the house.

Pro tip: anything other than onesies and shorts/pants are a joke when they're that little. They have no control so you spend all your time pulling down their shirt/skirt/dress b/c they're basically up around their necks lol. Stick with stuff that has snaps so it doesn't move.
  • Options
    @blaf322 its awesome you have such similar preferences to your husband! I got mine a baby name book for Christmas- excited to start digging in.

@samwalker714 still with the nausea everyday! and sometimes puking. Keep waiting for it to start getting better... Also omg that puppy 😍 can’t handle the cuteness 

@mama_of_two_huskies I’m only down to sweats or unbuttoned jeans w an elastic. Planning to get some mat jeans ASAP! 

EDD/weeks+days: 12w 2d/ July 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appointments: End of January

How are you feeling? Pretty crummy. Have a cold now, so took a Benadryl last night and half a Unisom for nausea (worried since they’re similar meds, I shouldn’t double up, even though i take the kind of Unisom that’s doxylamine not diphenhydramine). Anyway, that meant throwing up this morning, I think since I didn’t get the full dose of Unisom. Basically makes for a very unfun ”would you rather” - Would I rather throw up a bit in the morning or be congested all night? 

Raves/Rants: see above 😂

Questions: anyone ask their doc about this potential Benadryl/ Unisom combo? Mine said not to double up if they’re the same thing, but the one I’m taking is different.

Hoping to do some traveling once I start feeling better. Planning to visit some family in California in early February. 
  • Options
    @randomname_generator I think you're prob fine. I looked at Drugs.com (we used to use that to quickly look up stuff when I worked in infusion pharmacy, so I know pharmacists feel it's a reliable source) and it looks like the biggest concern is that it'll exasperate some of the side effects you were intending for it to have... .so, risk of increased drowsiness, blurred vision (probably b/c you'd be so tired), confusion, etc. I wouldn't make a habit of it because you're pregnant. But it doesn't look like you've likely done any damage or need to rush in to see the doctor. I'd probably just avoid doing it again until you can speak more in depth about it to your OB. 

Here's the site I used: https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/benadryl-with-doxylamine-896-1617-942-0.html
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @samwalker714 that announcement <3!

Also, I totally didn't think about summer for myself! The one reason I love being pregnant in the summer is that it's the one time I'm totally confident about my body. I'm definitely that pregnant lady that just rocks her regular bikini lol... PP body... ehhhh... I could do without that during the summer. But I doubt I'll be taking DD to the pool a ton/at all (with baby in tow) in the very early days anyway.
  • Options
    @samwalker714 love your announcement.

@blaf322 thanks for the tips!
    @mama_of_two_huskies i think maternity pants are a personal thing.  The bloat from the fertility meds had me in them early.  Could have waited but didn’t care.  Super comfortable. 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @bluguitarhannah and @randomname_generator thank goodness! I have people telling me it’s too early, and it’s all gas anyway. But it’s super uncomfortable with hair ties holding up my pants. 

@samwalker714 love that announcement! Ours included our dogs too!
  • Options
    @blaf322 thanks- that website looks super helpful.  :)
  • Options
    *lurking from group 2*

@mama_of_two_huskies your pups are ADORABLE