Baby Names

Girl version of name

Hello!
We just found out we are expecting #3. We are hoping to finally have a boy, and plan to name him after my grandfather, Warren. 
Just in case we are destined for 3 girls, I am trying to come up with a feminine take on the name. 
Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl version of name

• Not sure if you can really make a girly version of Warren. What about a middle or last name?

I totally understand wanted to honor your grandpa, I lost my grandmother in March and am due with a baby boy.

Because I didn’t want to put my grandma’s first name in my sons name, we decided to use her last name, Clayton, as his middle name instead. Just an example.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing I could come up with would be Wren.
    Otherwise, I like pp suggestion of last name as a middle name or something similar. 
    What is his middle name? Maybe there is a more obvious feminine version of that name?
    FWIW, I knew someone growing up that got her grandfather's first name as her middle name and it never seemed weird. And it was obviously a man's name. 
  • Use it as a middle name: Michaela Warren came to mind immediately for me and I like it - and I normally dont like boy names on girls.  
  • Thanks! His middle name was Wallace, last name Swank, so not much to work with on either front.

• Lauren Alice sounds a lot like Warren Wallace
  • Erin Alice?
    Or give her the same initials: Willow Wren
  • You guys are fantastic! I never thought of rhyming names. 🙈
    I had Wren and Arwen as possibilities, but you are opening new doors!

• saham07 said:
    Lauren Alice sounds a lot like Warren Wallace
    Lauren Alice is lovely! And i love the subtle nod!
  • All I can think of is Wren
  • Coming back for a second comment (clearly I don’t want to work today 😂)

If you don’t want to change the name, you could always use his name as a middle name.

Ex:
    Amelia Warren
    Samantha Warren
    Lilah Warren

My grandfather died right before I was born and my mom named me Lauren Clayton Lastname to honor my grandfather (his name was John Clayton). It never bothered me to have a boys name as a middle name. I’m now passing it down to my son because my grandma died this year ironically.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I am actually liking Warren as a middle name! Genius!
  • The middle name Wallace could become Wallis for a girl. But Wallis would probably be more suitable for the middle name position. And as long as it’s in the middle name position anyway, you might as well just keep it spelled Wallace. 
  • I like Warren as a first name for a girl with the nickname Wren! Its different and has a beautiful family connection.