Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC 12/20

Let's hear those confessions, ladies!
*Not guaranteed to be flame-free. 

Re: FFFC 12/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @keikilove No flames from me! I'm basically over the whole Christmas gifts racket. It's triggering all of my damn anxieties. MH had to take point on all of the gifts this year, including the few I normally handle. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @keikilove I'm the same about giving gifts to certain people. Can I just not because I don't like them? I hate being in their presence and I loathe the idea of hearing their overly thankful responses to gifts "thanks this is so great. I really really appreciate this". Just bleh

@mvt2003 I got DH to do the gift shopping for his family. Sorry, I'm in the mood to not gift them anything after they felt so offended that we didn't mention we were getting new hedgehogs. I don't have to tell you my whole life for cripes sake. 😒🙄
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 In general, I feel like he should take point on it as a couple anyway, so good for you!!! MH has always taken the lead on his parents' gifts, he gets a gift for his brother, I get one for my SiL (instead of us exchanging gifts amongst the couples - BiL doesn't get me a gift, and MH doesn't get SiL a gift). We usually tag-team the LOs but for obvious reasons this year I wasn't feeling super into that. He basically sent me options to say yes or no to. 

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz you can sit next to me on the bitter bus. The thought of having to put on a smile and pretend I am ok on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day *TW* where I will be surrounded by LOs*end TW* makes me want to vomit. And break things. Also rip up Christmas cards. Which brings me to a late FFFC. The first year we sent out cards, we put a picture of our dog on it and people in DH's family made fun of us. We stopped sending holiday cards after that. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess so many hugs, friend. I stopped sending cards the year my BiL made fun of our card with our dog on it too, so I’m with you. I haven’t opened a Christmas card in two years. I pile them up and leave them on the table. MH sometimes opens them up, sometimes I just throw them out. No regrets. 

• Options
    @mvt2003 @emeraldduchess I’m so sorry your cards got laughed at. That’s awful. I would love to get a card with someone’s dog on it. 
  • Options
    @mvt2003 @keeponknittingon yeah, DH's family aren't really into pets. Very few have dogs or cats (or any pet besides a fish) so they probably don't see why we'd feature ours on our cards. 
  • Options
    I think photo holiday cards are fine, but all family members should be included - like if it’s of a dog, the owners should be in it and same with kids and their parents. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 my mom has VERY stromg feelings about photo Christmas cards. When I was in sixth grade the photo cards were really starting to take off. I asked my mom if we could do one and her response was, "Unless you're the Christ Child, you have no business being on a Christmas card." Yikes. 
  • Options
    During work this week and next week, HR gave permission for jeans/casual every day. Before the new year I have to work the 2 Mondays and at least for tomorrow I'm definitely planning on being extra casual with no bra. I've had enough of it these last 2 days. 😆

Inappropriate for work? Maybe a little, but I'll wear a hoodie on top so no one can tell.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @NYTino24 This is why you're amazing! <3:D I absolutely should do that! 

• Options
    @ssbl I'm sorry you had to deal with that patronizing arm-pat. So many people just don't get it. Screw all that "when you're pregnant/a mom, you'll understand" BS. DH's sister and cousin were complaining about "mom stuff" last night and I walked out of the room. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Self-preservation, girl. Thinking of you over these next extra difficult days. ❤️
  • Options
    @ssbl I'm 99% sure I will be bailing on Christmas Eve now because I just can't handle it anymore. 

• Options
    I am a little crazy with the Christmas shopping. After running a photo studio in the mall for 7 years, I am usually done with Christmas by... Halloween. So I aim to have all my shopping done by Nov 1st, and just add little things for my immediate family. It worked out well since DH was out of work mid -october, and I was at that point basically done shopping. 
    @ssbl Oh she can complain. Just not to you. 
    @inthewoods23 I work from home every Monday. No bra Mondays for the win. 
    @emeraldduchess I sent picture cards, from a professional studio, with me and my cat. No regrets. 

• Options
    @ssbl oh wow! Good on you for having restraint and not telling her off. Yikes. I’m sorry she reacted that way. She clearly has no idea what others go through. You are definitely not a terrible person for telling her she can’t complain to you. Setting boundaries is good. You did better than I did today... (TW for PG)
    Saw my pregnant SIL and I could barely look at her, never mind talk to her. I was so on edge that someone was going to start talking about how great a new baby will be or someone else asking her questions that I wasn’t up for listening to. I’ll work up to being a good SIL and asking how she’s doing. Today was not that day...and probably not at Christmas either. 

• Options
    @ssbl Good for your for standing up for yourself!
    @keeponknittingon It’s okay to feel the way you do. I like the idea of addressing it before it happens.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility