Happy Viability Week Ladies!

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from group 2): What's left on your holiday to do list?

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Week of 12/16/19

• Happy Viability Week Ladies!  IS IT?!?!?!?!?! Wow ... the relief .. thanks for sharing!  <3

EDD/W+D: April 2nd / 24 wk 6 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): canteloupe or container of Lysol wipes

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until Jan. Glucose test Jan 8th

How are you feeling? Back to being exhausted like its the first trimester, but otherwise okay. Standard back pain complaint. I've also been MIA at prenatal yoga this month so.. not surprised

Raves/Rants: I'm completely overwhelmed by the big registry items. I still have no idea what I need in terms of a stroller. The reviews online are driving me insane.

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from group 2): What's left on your holiday to do list? Pretty much everything. We often celebrate Christmas late since my brother works in college football and his team either makes a bowl game or nationals (like this year!) and can't come home until mid-Jan. We still do dinner with our extended family but no gifts until he's around. Which is nice in that I can shop at the after Christmas sales! But it also takes away from the season.
  • @liligirl87 24 weeks is considered the viability milestone when baby has a reasonable chance of surviving outside the womb. 😊 A stroller was the hardest thing for me to figure out. Also your brother’s job sounds rad! Good luck to his team!!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 24 & 2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 24 week today, next is 1/15 for a checkup and growth ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Back hurts. RLP. Tired. Same old same old. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Raves/Rants: I am officially on vacation until 1/6!! I’m so happy to not be making the horrible drive and to just be able to relax. My rant is that I still have so much to do for the holiday.

Questions: Nope

GTKY (stolen from group 2): What's left on your holiday to do list? Ohhhh only shopping for my husband and finishing touches for everyone plus wrapping EVERYTHING!
  • EDD/W+D: April 3, 24w+6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: December 30th with the midwife and January 8th for an ultrasound to check out placenta placement 

How are you feeling? Stressed out this week. We have been hosting Christmas at our house for my in-laws the past few years and I feel overwhelmed. Physically, I feel good. No complaints this week. Its getting harder to bend over to pick things up from the floor. 

Raves/Rants: I really do love Christmas, but I hate how stressed out I get around the holidays. My husband loves Christmas and wants to make it so over the top and special for when his family comes, but I get so overwhelmed. Also, my brother-in-law has two crazy dogs that tear through our house and aren’t very well behaved, so they make me nervous that they are going to knock our tree over. My poor cat is terrified for them and stays hidden in the basement or under my dresser the whole time. I feel like I have stimulation overload from them and sometimes have to go retreat to the cat for a break. Plus, work has a potluck this year, which added another thing for me to make. My husband had been super supportive and helping me do all these things, but I guess it’s just my personality. 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from group 2): What's left on your holiday to do list? Bake two more Christmas goodies, clean the house, holiday work party, sober happy hour for a coworkers birthday, make holiday meal for family.
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 24 + 2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe (fun fact: when I was a kid, I called antelope “cantaloupe.”)

Upcoming Appointments: Today! 24 weeks. I moved the appointment back a few days, so that my mom would be able to join me. She’s in town for an early Christmas celebration this weekend. 

How are you feeling? No major pregnancy symptoms, just a lot of work stress in trying to wrap up all of things before our office ic closed for the holidays.

Raves/Rants: So many sick coworkers and people out and about! I’m eating lots of citrus and trying to stay well rested to avoid catching anything!

Questions: 

GTKY: I still need to do some shopping for stocking stuffers and wrap presents, send a few cards, and then join my family who have traveled here for an early Christmas in activities like baking cookies, etc. 
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited December 2019
    @liligirl87 Online reviews are the worst. I’ve been facing the same thing trying to decide on a chair for the nursery. “This is the best chair, and I’ve had three!” “This is the worst chair, and we returned it.” I don’t know what to believe! I think I’m just going to go with the majority voice. If most people have liked it, hopefully I will too. 

@literatureandink Congratulations on officially being on vacation! Yippee!

@babyrummom I find in-laws particularly stressful, even if they are lovely people. I place an added pressure on myself to have everything just so when they are around. You can do it! And you can certainly go hide-out with your cat if you need a break!
  • @babyrummom Do you have the kind of in laws that would actually be helpful if asked? Or would that just bring more stress?
  • 25 weeks, pink, size of a prairie dog

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test on January 8

How are you feeling? My back is sore and I’ve had a cold since Saturday but otherwise I feel good. 

Raves/Rants: office Christmas party last night was really enjoyable (even sober)!

Questions: any good tips on limiting hospital visitors? Apparently my mom wants to bring my grandma to the hospital and I am not interested in that. Maybe it’s selfish but I don’t think I’m obligated to go out of my way to show our 5 different 90+ year old grandparents in 3 different cities our baby in the first few weeks of her life. They don’t drive on their own so it’s a bunch of coordinating to make plans with them, and I’d rather save the experience until I’m ready. 

GTKY (stolen from group 2): What's left on your holiday to do list?
    I need to prioritize really enjoying it! I’ve missed out so far on the music and the lights and the peppermint hot chocolates. Time to take a step back and enjoy what’s left of the season! 
  • @independentgeorge I don’t think you’re selfish at all. You’re under no obligation to have anyone at the hospital that you don’t want to. I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot and I’m curious about others opinions. My extended family is usually super pushy about hospital visits after babies are born. I don’t think I want anyone visiting (other than immediate family and my best best friends) until we’re home and settled but that opinion definitely will cause waves in my family. I’m sorry but if I wouldn’t sit in front of you at a social gathering with my boobs out I don’t want you seeing me like that right after I push out a baby.
  • @independentgeorge *lurking from group 4*  I flat out told DH that last time there were too many visitors and it made me really anxious.  I'm not sure how to handle it since I don't know where to draw the line.  The worst visitor was his ex with SD.  I feel like she doesn't know how to read situations and over stays her welcome.  It was around dinner time, we had gotten no sleep and we were entering the witching hour where LO just wanted to nurse nonstop, and to top it off SD had a tantrum that she was way too old to be having in the hospital hallway (our parenting styles are very different and SD acts like a different kid when with mom)  But I feel like I can't okay DD1 and DD2 coming to visit and not SD just bc of her mom.  Also, my mom and aunt were super annoying, and my SIL wanted to come basically the second I pushed DD2 out.  Well that turned into a rant... the point is I don't know how a bunch of people who have had babies are so clueless and annoying about visiting and even after two kids I don't know how to navigate it.      
  • @literatureandink and @KFrob thank you for backing me up! I’m sure it will be a semi-dramatic situation for my extended family. I’m an introvert and I know a lot of guests asking questions and taking photos will overwhelm me - hopefully they will understand this as they know my personality and ideally should want what’s best for me and DH more than they want to satisfy their own desire to see the baby...but I know sometimes logic goes out the window when people are excited about big life events. 
  • I survived the Christmas with the in-laws! It turned out fine! My husband did a lot of the work and my mother-in-law helped too! Those dogs were crazy as ever, but my cat has emerged from the basement now that they are all gone!