January 2020 Moms
Options

Need advice?

So I'm 35 weeks pregnant due Jan 16. I went in Friday Dec 6 for having contractions 6 mins apart they did there NST and everything was good I was only a finger tip dilated. Well Saturday Dec 8 went back in for having contractions 3 mins apart, not feeling him move as much and leaking amniotic fluid but only a small trickle. So they tested me for ruptured membranes which came back positive and then checked my cervix I'm 1cm dilated so my hospital doesn't deliver tell 38 weeks so I got transferred to another hospital. Meanwhile I'm still having contractions 3 mins apart. I get to the hospital they do there NST everything is fine they even redid the ruptured membranes test which came back negative and checked my cervix still 1cm dilated. They send me home even though I'm still having contractions. So my question is can you have a false negative on a ruptured membranes test? I hope little guy stays in longer but now I'm all stressed out because I don't know what to do and the doctor's don't seem worried with the contractions. I am because I deliver fast and I don't want to have a baby in a car on the way to the hospital with him being only 35 weeks.

Re: Need advice?

• Options
    I cannot speak on the false positive for a ruptured membrane. I will ask if they have you a steroid shot just in case for lung development? With where you are my guess is that you should be fine and anytime past 36 weeks, which is where you should be now, is safe to deliver.