Group 2 (May 9-16) Week of 12/16

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) Week of 12/16

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: May 14th/18+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Lavender 

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichokes 

Upcoming appointments: AS the 23rd - eeek!

How are you feelweek! Pretty good, actually. Most of the fatigue is gone and I have more energy. Laying down isn't great and sleep is hard, but otherwise I'm doing well.

Raves/Rants: I'm getting my car appraised for trade-in from the same dealer I bought it from in July. I'm expecting them to low ball me and I'm going to be really bitter since I bought it from them five months ago.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would have said risotto from one of my favorite local restaurants, but they closed. I'm very bitter about this because the risotto was to die for.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: May 15/18+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out, t-minus 11 days!

Baby is the size of a(n): disposable camera

Upcoming appointments: AS 12/27

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Feeling more flutters and anxious for them to get more consistent. They asked me at the OB last week if I had been feeling baby move and my long and rambling answer was "maybe?"

Raves/Rants: These next 2 weeks at work are going to go by so slowly. I know lots of people have to work during the holidays and I really  shouldn't complain. I work at a university, finals ended last week, and no one is on campus so being here is just....pointless.

Questions: none today!

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I have to go with tacos. So many different ways to make them, I could never get bored. Which is what we are having for dinner tonight actually 😂
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ruby696 ugh, hopefully they give you a fair price for the car. I hate dealing with car dealerships.
    FTM
  • Options
    @ruby696 I hope they give you a decent offer!
    @heyybritt Yes, tacos!! I've said to DH so many times that I could literally eat them every day. There have been few times where I did eat them almost every day of the week.

EDD/weeks+days: May 14 / 18+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Sugar Glider

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for the Anatomy Scan which I am now going to by myself so DH can go to DD's winter program. Because of this we will just get an envelope with the sex and open it on Christmas.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Nothing that is really standing out right now.

Raves/Rants: I am just ready for the weekend, I have off all next week. However I have so much I need/want to get done this week.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tacos!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @ruby696 oh goodness what a headache about your car trade in, good luck!!

@heybritt Hopefully you can find something fun to pass the time at work! Lots of Bump Time.  :D

@m6agua You have so much will power! I would not be able to wait with the envelope in my possession. 

EDD/weeks+days: 5/14, 18 +4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: AS & appointment on 12/24

How are you feeling? No real complaints

Raves/Rants: We are leaving town Friday to go visit my family and I am really excited! But also a little nervous because the man I take care of just hasn't been doing well these past few weeks. It's kind of hard to leave town because I feel like bad things always happen and the caregivers just don't always know what to do or provide the best care without direction. I would feel awful if he passed away and I wasn't here. But anyway - other than that I can't wait to spend a few days with my family. 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? This would be awful  :D . But maybe pizza? It can also be done a lot of different ways.

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 19 weeks/ May 11th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini or a mango 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 27th 

How are you feeling? Pretty good! 

Raves/Rants: Rave- Our AS was today and everything is looking great. Definitely a girl. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Gravy and biscuits 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heyybritt @m6agua mmm, tacos. I should have gone with tacos too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: May 13/18w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out tomorrow!!

Baby is the size of a(n): postcard

Upcoming appointments: Elective ultrasound tomorrow, AS on 12/27

How are you feeling? I felt horrible this morning and almost puked while I was driving to work. First time in a long time I've been that nauseous. It went away with a preggie pop drop and some food, luckily. Like others, I'm enjoying feeling some movement and looking forward to more consistency.

Raves/Rants: Last week of school before Christmas break!

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Definitely pasta with meat sauce and garlic bread. Nom.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 that is my plan. sounds like a fun trip planned! Hoping the man you care for takes a turn for the better.

@Austenista glad everything went well today!

@soprano19 pasta is a good choice. So many options! I would make pasta way more often if MH didn't want to eat low carb all the time.
    FTM
  • Options
    @heyybritt I don't think I would survive a low carb diet, even while not pregnant.
  • Options
    @soprano19 normally I don't mind, I'm definitely more lenient than he is about it. We have had a dramatic increase in carbs in the house since I got pregnant though.
    FTM
  • Options
    @Austenista gravy and biscuits is not a thing in Canada that I know of. My BIL and I went on a road trip to Washington State 6 years ago and his friends mom made us some. They were so darn good I still crave them sometimes. Do you have a recipe that you recommend? 

EDD/weeks+days: May 16/ 18w 2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Possibly team green. Not by choice. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Midwife appointment tomorrow

How are you feeling? A bit emotional, I started tearing up yesterday because I really, like really want a strawberry milkshake but MH said I shouldn't have one because It's not healthy and I don't eat dairy. I tried to make a non dairy one but it was not satisfying. So I had to hold back the water works. I still really want that milkshake. 

Raves/Rants: Had my AS today and baby was moving a lot which was so amazing to see. But because of the movement and the positions baby was in, the tech can't guarantee the sex. He thinks it's a girl but isn't sure. I don't have any more US booked, I don't want to book one just for the sex and I don't want to pay for the Harmony test. So unless my midwife has any other options, we will find out for sure at birth.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is hard I love food so much but if I had to choose, I say waffles. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: may 15/ 18+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for AS. I thought it was today, showed up, signed in (having it at a new place so I thought I would check the portal to make sure I was in the right place) and figured out my appointment was Thursday! Good this DH has a man cold and couldn’t make it 

How are you feeling? Good and large 

Raves/Rants: pregnancy brain is real

Questions: anyone else tracking blood sugars? I am tracking four times a day since they couldn’t draw my blood for either glucola. 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hard choice but I think eggs and sausage and cheese. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: may 13 18w6d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green 💚

Baby is the size of a(n): a pint of ice cream 

Upcoming appointments: today I had an ultrasound! 

How are you feeling? Tired 

Raves/Rants: I loved seeing the baby move around on the ultrasound. We are measuring at 19 weeks & 2 days. We are still team green :) 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Meal-Breakfast... food- potatoes ha ha 
  • Options
    @jess09lynn that stinks that they couldn't determine sex during your ultrasound.  Do you have the boutiques where you can go just to find out sex?  Around here they are very reasonably priced, and I would definitely opt for that if it were me, but I couldn't handle not knowing for sure.  Also I'd tell DH to shut it about the shake and go get whatever you darn well want! 

EDD/weeks+days: May 13/18+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n):disposable camera

Upcoming appointments: rescheduled anatomy scan 12/23

How are you feeling? pretty good.  I think I'm finally feeling a little more regular movement so that's reassuring!

Raves/Rants: Rant from yesterday just about having to reschedule my AS which was a bummer, but at least I can still get it in before too late.

Questions: nah

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I think I'll have to go with tacos also though pizza would be a close second.
  • Options
    @bananapanda I made the smoothie and it was delicious. I think my craving is more dairy. I don't eat dairy and I made a dairy free smoothie that was very unsatisfying. So I use milk keifer instead and that did the trick. I haven't looked into the boutiques. We can't justify spending the money. MH has just decided that it's a girl lol 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: May 9, 19+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming appointments:AS on 23, midwife on 31

How are you feeling? Good. Although have had nightmares the last few nights.  

Raves/Rants: Baby is really moving! I’ve been feeling them WAY more now. Has been daily now for several days. Getting way stronger. Unmistakable now.

Questions: Not yet!

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    I make this weird meal(not pregnancy related lol). It’s yummy and I always have the ingredients. Rice, with tomatoes(diced with EVOO and S&P) and a butt ton of wilted baby spinach, and a runny egg on top. And usually a ton of hot sauce and a kosher pickle. SOO good
  • Options
    @smashley09 that does sound good! Mm runny egg. Don’t eat those much in pregnancy because I’m a little conservative, but yum. 

EDD/weeks+days: May 12th / 19 + 1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink (although I hate the color pink personally. So let’s say purple.)

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming appointments: just had my anatomy scan and regular appt, so nothing for a month!

How are you feeling? Annoyed that I keep getting nosebleeds. Guess it’s the dryness of winter / colds / aspirin I am taking for my blood pressure? Did not have this with DD. Also getting sick feeling if I don’t eat regularly - which I am trying to do, but sometimes I forget about snacks. 

Raves/Rants: see above haha.  

Questions: nope 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Grilled cheese. Love it. But tacos is a pretty great response too. 
  • Options
    @adventuresawait2 I do cook them fully right now, but generally runny eggs. Pregnancy has eliminated a lot of my favs! Sushi would be my second choice for meal I could eat every day. And I normally drink a lot of coffee, but have cut that back to one in the morning. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @smashley09 yeah it’s tough. I find the food part of pregnancy harder than giving up alcohol. 

Edited to fix typo