Group 2 check in (3/9- 3/16) Week of 12/16

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: What is your ONE favorite song to listen to this time of year? 

Re: Group 2 check in (3/9- 3/16) Week of 12/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @keeksie84 My 4 year old is obsessed with the Jackson 5 Santa Claus is coming to town, and tries to make the exact same voice anytime she hears it. 🤣

@mrsvp614 I always get excited when the Nsync song comes on! 
  • Options
    @lizp1229 I have been having that too! Some days he is super active, some days it’s a little slower. My midwife hasn’t even talked to me about tracking kicks but I had a little scare 2 weeks ago that I ended up on monitors in triage and the nurse told me I should be counting twice a day 🤷🏼‍♀️ My next appointment I’ll be 30 weeks so if my midwife doesn’t say anything I’m going to ask (I’m only one day behind you)
  • Options
    @emilyace I had terrible sciatica my first pregnancy and my OB ended up referring me to a physical therapist. It helped immensely and was covered by my insurance. They did half massage and half stretches in the gym, and then I could repeat the stretches at home. Maybe worth considering? 
  • Options
    @miss.sally, I have that weird pain in my lower abdomen as well - it gets kind of sharp sometimes.  I never had that with my previous pregnancies.  I have noticed that it seems to get worse if I walk a lot and it seems to get better after I rest.  I have also noticed that my hip/pelvic joints feel more like they did towards the end of my last pregnancy - I've already got the 'pregnancy waddle' going on, especially in the morning or when I just get up after sitting for awhile.  I'm wondering if maybe my body is just 'preparing' for labor sooner than it did last time?  
  • Options
    stacey6689stacey6689 member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/W+D: 03/10  28 weeks today!! Hello 3rd Trimester!  :)

Team pink/blue/green: Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant 

Cravings/Aversions: Been craving donuts lately and chocolate 

Upcoming appts: Had an appt. this morning with my OB. Got my Tdap and went over the results of my glucose test and CBC. Everything came back normal. Next appt. is in 2 weeks on the 31st. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: Just so excited that we have all made it this far and that our LO's will be here before we know it!!

Rant: Still have to finish Christmas shopping and I am really not in the mood.

Questions: None 

GTKY: What is your ONE favorite song to listen to this time of year? My husband loves Christmas music so it's been on since before Thanksgiving lol I really enjoy the classic songs like "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland. I find her voice so beautiful and calming. 

@keeksie84 That song irks me too and I feel like is always being played! lol

@mrsvp614 I was a huge N'Sync fan growing up lol 

@treetop19 FX you passed your glucose screening

@lizp1229 Now I want Oatmeal cookies! lol I am suppose to start counting kicks this week and I am feeling super stressed about it. Her movements aren't consistent to any specific time of day so I feel like I am going to drive myself crazy. 

@momoftoddlers Celine Dion has such a great voice. I completely forgot about that song. I hope you hear the results of your glucose test soon. 

@EmilyLove25 I had to google what a Fennec Fox was and omg so cute!!

@malidocious So glad the medication is working out for you!

@miss.sally I hope your midwife appt. goes well!

• Options
    @lizp1229 I have the same thing too. Some days she will be active like normal and other days I hardly feel anything. It always freaks me out a little. 

@varimama I would eat a basket full of fruit every day if I could afford it. I had some amazing strawberries this past week, they were just perfect. 

@Malidocious I feel the same way, like this pregnancy is rapidly coming to a close, but yet I also feel like I've been pregnant a long time. Very mixed feelings. I'm glad the zoloft is helping though!

@miss.sally I had a midwife with my first and she was great. I really really liked her and was disappointed that we had to move and I won't use her this time. 

@emilyace I get sciatica too and it's awful. I got message and chiropractic care in the past and it really helped. Right now we just can't afford the copays and massages though. 

EDD/W+D: Match 15/27w2d

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce apparently

Cravings/Aversions: occasionally I want a whopper, like today, and I still want peppermint hot chocolate (with half and half). Can't stomach any Asian or Mexican food.

Upcoming appts: Looking for an ob

Rants/Raves: this last week was the hardest week. My mom died a week ago, with my sisters and step dad by her side. No one knew it would happen that day so I wasn't there. I'm trying to come to grips with my guilt for being absent, the reality of her being gone, and now me having to give birth alone. I'm dreading giving birth, honestly. And then adjusting after. I'm a wreck pretty much. Hearing comments about how other women do it alone and I'll be fine aren't helping either. Shitty rant I'm afraid, sorry guys. 

Questions: no

GTKY: What is your ONE favorite song to listen to this time of year? Let it snow
  • Options
    @projectalice No no no no!  I'm so sorry to hear your news.  Sending creepy internet hugs.  All the feelings you're feeling are 100% valid and are so yucky to experience.  I hope some of those will lessen a bit in the next few months.  
  • Options
    @projectalice So sorry for your loss. This is a terribly emotional/hormonal time to be experiencing something like that. I have super heightened emotions over the silliest things, I can’t imagine dealing with an actual loss. You will find your strength for labor and beyond when you need it, but it’s okay to be sad for now. We’re here for you. 
  • Options
    Oh @projectalice I am so so so sorry for your loss. What a horrible time to be going through this. Not that any time is good to lose a loved one, but when you’re pregnant and it’s this close to Christmas. Let yourself feel however you need to feel and I hope you can give yourself time to rest. Sending you all the hugs. 
  • Options
    @treetop19 I asked the midwife today about the weird sharp pains and she said they’re definitely BH contractions. And she also said with it being the third pregnancy the body is just prepping and everything is loosened and kinda knows what to do. So I think you’re spot on with the body just prepping sooner. It knows what’s up. 
  • Options
    @projectalice I am so sorry for your loss!! Thinking of you ❤️

@momoftoddlers I do see a chiropractor regularly and it helps immensely! It’s just the time in between visits lol I need to hire a massage therapist to live at my house for the next three months 😂 
  • Options
    @varimama @Malidocious @emilyace @stacey6689 @projectalice I'm glad I'm not alone! I had my OB/GYN check-up yesterday so I asked my Dr about tracking movement. She let me know that I should feel at least 10 strong movements a day. If I feel like the movements have decreased, then I should eat or drink something sweet and lay down then wait to see if I feel at least 2 strong movements within an hour.

My baby does usually have a schedule, so hopefully he can stick to that from now on so that I don't have to worry lol
  • Options
    @projectalice I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.  <3
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @lizp1229 and everyone else worried about movement, I am there with you. Something so wondrous can quickly become nerve inducing. There were a few days when baby was quieter and then all of a sudden he was back to huge movements and they were in a totally different spot way above my belly button. I have found if I don’t think I’m feeling him enough, if I put my feet up and drink a big ice water, he’ll start moving. And if not with water, those tiny apple juice boxes also ice cold, work well without pumping me with a ton of sugar. 
  • Options
    @projectalice So many hugs. I'm so sorry you are feeling alone and so sorry for your loss. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @projectalice I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you lots of love. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. I'm an absolute wreck, and I worry about how all these emotions and stress will effect the baby. My mom worried about it too, she was very excited about her first granddaughter and didn't want anything to happen to her. It's just a lot. I really don't know how I'll do this birth and adjustment alone. 
    I saw her a week before she was gone and she touched my belly as I went by, and smiled a little. I really wish I had gotten a picture of it to keep and show the new baby someday. :( If only I had known.... So many things I would have told her too. :cry: Today is a hard day.