August 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL check in week of 12/15

This is a thread for anyone who has experienced a loss at any point during this journey.  Hoping we can support each other. TW applies to the entire thread. 

EDD/weeks+days?

Other children?

Previous losses?

Concerns or worries this week?

Any milestones coming up?

Questions?

GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy?

Re: PGAL check in week of 12/15

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days? 6+1

Other children? 4.5 and 2.5 

Previous losses? 1 early loss in May 2019

Concerns or worries this week? Lack of symptoms. Y’all, I’m a broken record on this. But it’s freaking me out. 

Any milestones coming up? No, just want to get to my u/s and know what’s going on in there. 

Questions? None 

GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy?

This is so awful but I haven’t thought much past my dating u/s on 12/31. This week I will work on it. And I’ll hopefully come back to this. 
  • Options
    <div><div><b>EDD/weeks+days?</b> Aug 21 / 4+2

<b>Other children?</b> DD is almost 15m

<b>Previous losses?</b> We lost one embryo (CP) prior to DD, and two more before this lil rascal took.  I know it's not the same as later losses, but there's still a fair bit of grief there, hoping this one stays, wondering what might have been, and the fear that if we were to lose our remaining two, this could well be my second and last pregnancy. 😿

<b>Concerns or worries this week?</b> This will be the longest gap yet between appointments since transfer, so just hoping to make it through smoothly, emotionally speaking, and not start to panic before our first scan next Monday.

<b>Any milestones coming up?</b> DD turns 15m this week.  Baby's organs begin to form and heart begins to beat! ❤️

<b>Questions?</b>  Would it be helpful? Or triggering? To post the decrease chance of loss table we had on my last BMB?  I'm not sure where it came from but a lot of us would watch that chart like a hawk in early days and watch the risk of loss go down.
    <div>
    </div><div><b>GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy?</b> I'm excited about leaving work lol we are not planning to have two in daycare, so I'm looking forward to transitioning to sahm.</div></div></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those charts are crap. I used to watch it and watch my chances go down.
    Then when I hit the safe zone is when I found out I had a missed miscarriage. So for me those charts offer no comfort.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    I'm so sorry @psychobutthead .That's awful (((hugs)))
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days?
    Aug. 16th 5+2

Other children?
    2 boys, 3yo and 14mo

Previous losses?
    5 losses, including ectopic, BO, and CP

Concerns or worries this week?
    I havent had any pregnancy symptoms. Of course, I'm currently dying from the flu, so I figure sickness symptoms trump flu symptoms, but sheesh. It's hard to stay out of my head. 

No

Questions?

GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy? This pregnancy was a total shock to us. I was about to talk to my dr about a hysterectomy when I found out. I'm working on accepting that our journey isn't over like we thought. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days? 8/18- 5 weeks today! 

Other children? DD- just turned two over the weekend 

Previous losses? MMC in July (8.5 weeks along)

Concerns or worries this week? A little scared because 1) I have the Upper Respiratory Infection from hell and I spiked a high fever a couple of times last week. I followed my OB’s advice for bringing it down, but googling high fever/first tri (birth defects) freaked me out. Now my OB’s office is saying Sudafed is fine to take, but I’m too scared. Thus I’m suffering and haven’t been able to unplug my ears in days because of the fluid buildup. 2) No discernible pregnancy symptoms makes me worried. Then again, maybe they’re masked by the horrible virus. Ugh, regardless I feel like crap and am in survival mode over here. 

Any milestones coming up? First ultrasound Jan. 2! Anxious and excited 

Questions? Nope 

GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy? Everything I guess! DH left for a work trip and said he’d miss the three of us (DD, baby, and me). Warmed my heart. This is really happening- different baby, different pregnancy, different outcome. 
  • Options
    @babytimeagain Take the sudafed. It will help you feel a lot better. You aren't doing baby any good by suffering. Take it from someone who has the flu. Sudafed is fine to take while pregnant. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow thank you. I’ll pick some up tomorrow morning when the roads should (hopefully) be clear. It’s an icy slippery mess out there right now.

I’m sorry you’re suffering through the flu. That’s awful. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days?
    8/15 5w3d
    Other children?
    1 DD- 4yo
    Previous losses?
    1 loss before her 
    Concerns or worries?
    not many symptoms either. Everything is mild. 
    My previous loss was around 6 weeks so I’ve been particularly anxious this week. I’m anxious for my appointment on 1/10
    Questions?

GTKY: What are you letting yourself get excited about with this pregnancy
    I am excited for my daughter to be a big sister even though she doesn’t know.
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    Oh and in case you’re looking for something to binge I don’t recommend Virgin River! There’s loss and some other things going on
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    @wildrainbow and @babytimeagain I hope you both feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @gomillis oh wow!  That's a great tip!  I just started watching second season of castle rock on Hulu, and I remembered it being spooky, but there was definitely something pretty TRIGGERING and I'm wondering how much of a thing it's going to become or if I need to stop watching it.... :/