February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/16-12/22

Let us know what's on your mind

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/16-12/22

• Lordy have mercy....the new guy we're using is killing me. He's STILL working on the task I gave him last Wednesday. It should have taken him a day tops to batch modify some title blocks.
    He's about 75% finished and I'm sure people could have done them one by one and been done sooner. 
  • @babyroma Oye! That's no good! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @lanie1000 I'm so sorry about your scare! Thankfully you were able to get it lowered!!! 
    TW
  • @lanie1000 Glad all is ok! How scary!
  • @lanie1000 - oh my goodness that sounds so scary!  I'm glad things are going better.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Thanks everyone! 

@jvk2012 yay for a surprise shower! And you can never go wrong with a target gift card. 

@ibabyloveb87 how did you pick the date? I'm guessing I'll be picking a date soon (induction at 39 weeks) and I'm hoping for January 29th. My daughter was due on July 5th and I was induced on June 29th. Since this baby is due on Feb 5, I think it would be kinda nice for him to be born on Jan 29th. Also, remembering their birthdays would be super simple!

Anyone else having a RCS or an early induction? If so, how are you thinking about your date? 
  • @lanie1000 well I can’t have a RCS without medical need prior to 39 weeks. I feel like that’s fairly standard. I put in a request with my OB 2 weeks ago for it to be on the 13th when I’m 39 weeks exactly and they called today to schedule it. I wanted to avoid Valentine’s Day and they don’t really do them on weekends unless of course you go into labor on your own. The 13th is a Thursday. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 Awww. Feb 13th. You're right. Having a date makes everything so real! 
  • I’ve definitely been over doing it these past few days with getting stuff ready for Christmas and my pregnant body hates me. I’m wondering how someone with two small kids and a long to do list actually rests 🧐

@lanie1000 that’s scary! 
    @TennisLove30 enjoy your shower That’s nice your friend told you. I’d want a heads up just to make sure I looked presentable lol 
  • @TennisLove30 I hate surprises too! 
  • I briefly mentioned this in the group 4 checkin, but is there such thing as a too active baby?? I swear there hasn't been much down time from her the last few days. Night before last she was kicking and punching away constantly for almost 3 hours straight! Yesterday felt her all day too. 
    Is this an indicator she's going to be a handful when she arrives? Lol 
  • @babyroma, I was looking back at old messages I sent my OB with my 1st pregnancy and apparently once I asked if there was a concern if baby was more active than usual.  The response was no, only if there is decreased activity could there be a concern.  Anecdotal note: My DD is very active haha!
  • clee5711clee5711 member
    edited December 2019
    @babyroma my second was way more active than my first and it’s very true now. The night before I went into labor with ds1 I felt him all day long, there were tons of huge movements.  Kid 2 and 3 seem to be pretty active most of the time though 
  • @babyroma this baby is much more active than DD1 but  DD1 was breech and this one is head down and I think that has a lot to do with it. DD1 is a very active person haha. Aren't all toddlers though?

Married Jan 2008 

• @ibabyloveb87 yup you do it because you have no choice. I HATE when people focus on the negative. Like no shit it’s going to be hard but how about you tell me I’ll do great or offer to freaking help me. 
    This will be baby 3 for us. So I’ll have an almost 3.5 year old, a 19 month old and a newborn. My h doesn’t travel out of town but leaves that house at 6:30 and rarely walks in the door before 7:30 and occasionally has stuff on weekends. We have family close so I rely on them a ton. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
  • @clee5711 yesss it’s like ok if you think I need help then come on over! We’ve got a great support system of friends and grandparents so I’m not that worried about it. 
  • @leksiL Can't love that enough!! It's awesome that you know that about your family history and feel confident!

Just popping in to catch up- our whole house is down with a head cold this week and the number of times I've snissed my pants is ridiculous. Apparently I've got 1 day worth of coughing and sneezing in me before all bets are off.
  • @ibabyloveb87 I’m going to have to steal that approach! The next time someone makes a comment about how I’ll have my hands full I’m going to ask them if they’re offering to help out.
  • @craftywitch Oh no! Hope you all feel better! 

@leksiL Oh man, staying out that late sounds exhausting lol. Enjoy all the cookies! 
    TW
  • @babyroma - hmm I just googled Joe Froggers and they look good! Did you use good rum?
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksil he used Cruzan to make them. The recipe called for Millers(?) Dark rum but the store didn't have it.  
    I think we also decided for the amount of effort that went into making them it was not worth it. They just weren't as molasses-y as the others were which was super disappointing to me. 
  • @bg122785 Seriously, what do people not get about us not wanting to get sick?! My sister and her family has come to visit for both Thanksgiving and Christmas which is great until I go to see them, and they are hacking up a lung. I am now on my second cold in a month and am miserable. I live seeing them and would probably have chosen to anyway, but no heads up until I get there is flat out rude. Hope you don't catch what your coworker had. 
  • *warning - whiny rant!*
    UGH - so last night I made buffalo chicken, so good. But after dinner I felt so unbelievably crampy! Like period cramps. I googled my symptoms and it was like oh signs of preterm labor. I started to freak out and I was texting my doula and I am going to go in to the midwives today to get tested for a UTI.

I fell asleep at 10 a.m. and then woke up around 2 after having a bad dream about DD1 and couldn't fall asleep, finally read from 3-4:30 and then up at 6. So I'm basically exhausted. Also I can't shake the feeling that I'm not making it till February. I have never had a head down baby before so didn't have any cramping or this many contractions last time, so not sure if I am freaking out for no reason or what.

thanks for listening to my rant!
    Married Jan 2008 

• Today is my last "normal checkup" for the pregnancy. Even though it's still not totally normal because I'm doing a rotation with the rest of the doctors in the practice so i can meet them in case my normal one is out when I go into labor. Which I'm glad they do...I'm not sure I would handle a new face in that moment well lol.
    After this one I get to start the weekly NSTs! 
    But im just trying to get through today because yesterday about 2 or 3pm I mentally checked out of work! 
  • @leksiL Thinking of you! Hope everything looks good when you get checked out! 
    TW