August 2020 Moms

Announcing the big news!

It's the announcements thread!

How are you planning to tell family? Friends? How did you tell your spouse/SO/co-parent? Any cutesy plans? Feel free to share pics!

Re: Announcing the big news!

• Loading the player...
  • @maddilynnmorris that is really cute! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Pretty uneventful.

We have been trying for a few months. I walked in crying after poas while he was playong a game. He knew I had bought 2 tests tonight. After asking me why I was crying which made me cry more he guessed "are you pregnant".

This is my 5th pregnancy. 4th with my husband. I don't think I have ever announced it to him in a cute way.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• There was no announcing to my husband, he announced to me he had discerned I was pregnant by buying a test and asking me to take it so I could know too. Jerk was right on the money right too. 

I had hopes of keeping things under wraps from the family, but so far every symptom in my book is following my first pregnancy. Besides the obvious declining of booze that will occur that I could probably shake off as part of my healthier lifestyle, my mother-in-law has very real first hand experience with what my morning sickness looks like and we're right on target to hit that phase just before they arrive for the holidays. They will be here the 23rd through just after the New Year, if I manage to keep it concealed (though we are gonna try!) I will be impressed and proud.  Otherwise I feel like Christmas, and even New Years is just too early, I wanna wait until at least Valentines Day (I will be out of first tri by then) but I kind of want to wait until my Husband's Birthday in early March to go public with it.  So far I've told my two closest friends, the ladies who I would look to support from if something were to go wrong. No ideas on announcements yet, but we are uber nerds so probably maybe something D&D themed?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mommaofsoontobe3 Omg. I totally want to steal this!

I have NO idea how or when we’ll announce, but I love reading about everyone else’s plans/ideas! So many cute ones!
  • @wildermind that is going to be a great picture!! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @tyrion_ those little felt hearts are so precious! Hoping for a healthy pregnancy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wildermind that is so cute that you flipped the test together! It is so stressful to check the test so I bet that was so nice! I might steal this for the next one. 
  • @mommaofsoontobe3 I’ve never seen that! Such a cute idea. 
  • @tyrion_ thank you! I really wanted something unique! 4 more days until I get to give it to my parents! We are so excited 
  • @ziggymama06 omg that is such a beautiful ornament!

I wish i could do cute announcements like this.

No clue how I'm going to tell my dad and his wife and inlaws.

Out of my family my brother has 4 kids and this will be my 3rd. Out of my husbands his brother has 3 so everythings kind of already been done by everyone.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• So I ordered one of those little baby's frist Christmas frame ornaments today, and a Guess what? onesie is on its way!  As long as our first scan goes well on Monday, I plan to take SIL aside on Xmas Eve and let her unwrap the onesie and the ornament.  I have another special, "For this Child we have Prayed," onesie I was going to use to tell MIL when we see her on Sunday then, but basically just close up and let her re-open the same package.

Now, how to tell them the ornament is not for either one of them to keep!  :D lol  I'm wondering now if I need to include some other kind of "Grandma to be" type gift mug or something, to ease the awkwardness of taking the very special onesie back, too.  :#  <i>Disclaimer: very fancy onesie and ornament for a holiday you don't celebrate are for reveal purposes only.</i>