July 2020 Moms
Options

Monday B!tchfest 12/16

Anyone making you stabby today? 

Re: Monday B!tchfest 12/16

• Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited December 2019
    My teenage daughter is driving me nuts lately. She is the most unorganized kid on the planet. Shes wanting to go on an out of state band and show choir trip in June, but she neglected to tell me the first payment was due today, and she also didn't bring home the required paperwork. I had to email her teacher to see if she could send the forms home and see if I could send payment tomorrow. Her teacher responded that we could just do it tonight at their parent showcase and bake sale. The bake sale my child did not tell me we had to provide a couple dozen cookies for. I am not making freaking cookies tonight. I told DH to pick up a couple dozen soft cookies from the store on his way home. We'll take them out of the package and take those. 😬
  • Options
    @modoodles omg... I hope you let her worry she wouldn’t be able to go for a while 😂 I’d have been so pissed!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @modoodles I would be so angry! 

Pretty much everything is pissing me off today- it’s cold and very rainy, DH is annoying me, and I addressed all our Christmas cards when I got home and my back hurts. 
  • Options
    This is making me so mad right now - every time there’s a snow storm predicted, people start talking on the local parent FB group about whether there will be a delay or cancellation. There’s always at least one asshole who has to comment “of course there will be a delay, every time there’s a dusting of snow they freak out and cancel school.” Blah blah blah. First of all, that is a really tough call the superintendent has to make so maybe try to stop criticizing them for one second. And second, when they’re predicting close to half an inch of ice during the morning commute, yeah they freaking better cancel school or call a delay and I really don’t care about you having to rearrange your work day. I’d rather my kid not die trying to get to school. This makes me so dam mad. Grrrr. 
  • Options
    In hindsight my work day wasn’t terrible. Other than standing for the majority of the first 8 hours through lonnngg delivery, repair and recovery of a lovely FTM. But I was cranky when my supervisor gave me a second rough assignment (again it wasn’t as bad as I originally wanted to think, another lovely patient) for the day, I may have rolled my eyes, thankfully she and I have a good joking relationship. 
    Can’t control my temperature, nauseated/growling/bloated stomach, or my emotions. Sorry. I think. (I’ll be happy when I can tell people there is some reasoning behind my doing and saying things) 
  • Options
    @zande2016 So true!  We are on our 2nd snow day here this week (which I love because SNOW, but I hate because this is one of my favorite weeks of school) and there are tons of parents online complaining.  "When I was a kid, my dad had to get up and drive me to school because there was too much snow for the buses" blah blah. And that post is typically followed by a post about how their kids are driving them crazy.  Major side-eye from me!
  • Options
    @magnolia305 totally! Last snow day a couple weeks ago someone posted one of those "in my day" comments and I couldn't help myself, I replied with "I really could not care less what you did in your day, I only care that TODAY my child is home safe and not on the road in the middle of a snow storm". I should've just said "okay boomer" lol 
  • Options
    Late to the party, but I finally have a B-fest. Just got off the phone with a client who was upset that we were charging him a $35 late fee. This is despite the fact that he read and signed the form outlining the fee and the time period in which cancellations must be made. I am so sick of this entitlement of "Oh that doesn't apply to me." No you signed the agreement. You cost us $400 by not showing up right before Christmas when everyone is trying to get an appointment. Grow up!