Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 12/9

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 12/9

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: Feb 1/32+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a squash or a wine bottle

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for my biweekly checkup 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. I woke up at 2 last night and never really got properly back to sleep. Heartburn eased off over the weekend and is back with a vengeance today for some reason. 

Raves/Rants: Raves - I was notified that my capstone passed early this morning! I have a few minor revisions, but will be done done as of Saturday once I do my presentation. 
    Not really a rant but sort of: One of my friends is due 6 weeks before me. Their baby has been measuring consistently small for the last while, so her doctor sent her to be induced last night. I am so incredibly happy for her and her hubby and also a wee bit jealous. I don't really want this little one born preterm, but I am so excited to meet him or her and tired or being so bloody uncomfortable. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? I got a stress fracture in my foot standing up off the floor about 10 years ago. And it took me 3 weeks to figure out what was wrong. Snowboarded on it and everything in the meantime. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: Due Feb 3rd / 32 weeks today 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Team blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Squash

Upcoming appointments: 
    Tomorrow for a check up

How are you feeling? 
    I’m feeling very pregnant! My belly is massive, my feet and back are killing me, but I’m just happy to know that we’ll be meeting him soon!

Raves/Rants: 
    Went through another major nesting phase this weekend. Knocked all my Xmas shopping out on Saturday and then proceeded to prepare 14 freezer meals on Sunday for after the baby is born. Needless to say, my body is sore and very angry at me for all the exertion. However, we’re one step closer to being ready for baby! 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? 
    When I went to summer camp when I was 13, I tried grass sledding. When I neared the bottom of the hill I put my right hand down to try and stop myself (what was I thinking? 🙄) and ended up tearing all the skin off my right palm in the process. My mom lost her s*** when she can to pick me up and it took almost 6 months to fully heal. What an idiot move lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 31 weeks + 4 days (2/7/2020) 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus 🤷

Upcoming appointments: January 10th for a check up with midwife, if I get granted the time off 😬😖 (I'll be 36 weeks!!!!)

How are you feeling? Much better than I deserve. I ordered the correct size maternity belt and have been wearing it to work and I feel like it has helped with my bladder/back pain SO MUCH. I wear it low below my belly to help support + lift, I just wonder if it restrictions movements at all? I do feel movement throughout the day and try to stay aware of it. I'm definitely starting to feel ready to meet this baby, I think I will miss being pregnant for many reasons but I'm getting anxious for his/her arrival. I think the last month of work is going to be really, really hard and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Raves/Rants: Rave- DH and his dad worked like dogs and finished our baby room and it has carpet & furniture is HERE! We just need to build it. Room still needs to be painted and lights replaced/fan installed. Our stairwell is also getting super close to being finished, it has been a HUGE project for DH and he's been super busy with work. Both of us also moved furniture to our downstairs bedroom and organized our clothes for a more permanent situation after baby comes! Things are slowly shaping up in the house. 
    Rant- I feel like my anxiety is starting to get to me in stupid ways like constantly worrying about this baby, if I'm feeling enough kicks and if they have a set "schedule" or pattern for movement. I need to get off Google. 

Questions: Should I be concerned I won't be seeing my midwife been 31 and 36 weeks? Is that too big of a span? 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? Well I've definitely woken up nice and bruised from drunken nights at the bars/parties when I was in college 😣 Ew. Somehow ended up with a bite injury on my hand... Not sure how that all happened 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ sooooooooooo dumb, trust me I have definitely grown up a LOT since then 🙏
  • Options
    @mandk1233 I totally understand where you are coming from about baby coming early because I think I would feel the same way! I hope we don't lose our minds at like 38 weeks! 

@taylor2020 where did you find your freezer meal ideas? That's definitely something I would like to do, as I suck at cooking! 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside I kind of made up my own plan based on what my husband and I like to eat. I prepped 2 meatloaves (uncooked), 2 chicken chili’s (chicken was cooked), 2 potato soups (potatoes uncooked and cheese/milk not added yet), 2 beef stews (meat and potatoes uncooked), 1 broccoli chicken rice casserole (fully cooked), burritos (beef cooked), and enchiladas (chicken cooked). 

I recommend making a list of your favorite meals and then prepping as much as you can ahead of time. Maybe even double batches when you’re making dinner over the next few weeks to make the process easier. My plan is to pull things out and either bake them or put them in the crockpot when we’re ready to eat them. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 2/7/20 31w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Team Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus I think

Upcoming appointments: Virtual appt on 12/19.

How are you feeling?  Pregnant. haha That pretty much sums it up.

Raves/Rants: Nothing really this week.

Questions: @foreveronyourside That is strange you aren't seeing her at all. I am seeing my doctor 3 times between 31-36 weeks. 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? On my bachelorette party I was stupid and was swinging myself down the stairs, and landing weird on my heels and sprained my ankle.
  • Options
    @bg122785 How do I work at the "greatest hospital in the nation" but feel like I'm getting poor care?? When I booked they said they were 3 midwives short. I get that schedule is tight for them but what about my baby? Frustrating. 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside Yes, that is really crazy to me.