July 2020 Moms
Options

Group 1 (7/1-7/8) Check in 12.9

MrsTiger123MrsTiger123 member
edited December 2019 in July 2020 Moms
1. How are you feeling?
2. Any appointments on the horizon?
3.Have you shared the news with many people?
4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition 

Re: Group 1 (7/1-7/8) Check in 12.9

• Options
    1. I’m feeling crappy and large and nauseated and exhausted.  Otherwise I’m just fine.  I gag easily but I’m also hungry all the time.  But last week I had an ultrasound and everything looked on track so I’m also feeling thankful. 

2. I see my doctor for the first time next week.  Kind of nuts they don’t see me until I’m almost 12 weeks. 

3.  We’ve told no one.  Currently discussing when to tell our kids. I want to tel my side of the family, but DH wants me to wait a bit longer.  

4. We have a drive through Christmas light display we always drive through on a snowy evening.  Looking forward to hopefully getting some flurries and taking the kids. 

• Options
    1. How are you feeling? Mostly tired and bloated, my pants definitely are a struggle right now, heartburn, occasional nausea, No more PIO shots or meds from RE as of Saturday night so hoping to get those side effects out of my system
    2. Any appointments on the horizon? 12/16 first Ob/GYn
    3.Have you shared the news with many people? No one except my wife, drs and you guys
    4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition We have best friend Christmas weekend, cook special food and exchange gifts

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Miserable 24/7. For real. From nausea to heartburn it never stops. Plus, I think I have a stomach bug as I’ve been stuck on the toilet all morning with diarrhea. 😫
    10 weeks today!

2. Any appointments on the horizon? First appt with OB is tomorrow.  I’ve already had my ultrasound though.  

3.Have you shared the news with many people? Family and close friends know.  We told them after our 8w scan. 

4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition.. 
    I typically love the holidays and am constantly doing things with my two kiddos but this year is garbage.  We’ve not been able to do any of our normal traditions due to being so sick.  I’m hoping the second trimester brings better days. 
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Crappy. At least I’m puking BEFORE I see patients, and not while seeing them 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also just got my BP meds switched (apparently I no longer respond to labetalol) and almost called my doctor this weekend I feel so awful on the nifepipine. 

BP check prior to my Disney trip (yay!) and OB follow up in 3 weeks!

Yeah the whole world knows. First, I did IVF and we were really open about it, I also have been really opening about my losses because I think it helps break the stigma down around them, and I want to help other women feel better about it. It’s amazing how many people reached out to me to say they were struggling too! Work had to know because I’m active duty military so that ship sailed at like 4 weeks. So my boss knows...everyone knows. But it means my nurses and techs feed me all day and check in, which I appreciate a ton 

christmas is my favorite holiday by far, and my mom always buys matching PJs for everyone, no matter if we’re there or not. It’s super entertaining as we’ve all gotten older and married and have kids. 
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? So crappy, all the time. Nothing sounds good at all. I at least haven’t puked yet, but I need to force myself to eat. Right now that’s basically mini wheats and ramen noodles. I also think I’m getting a cold, so that’s fun.

2. Any appointments on the horizon? Nothing yet. I need to book a follow up with my ob this week, and my next ultrasound is booked for Jan 2

3.Have you shared the news with many people? A few people. I told my sisters, and a few people at work have figured it out. I’ll plan to tell my boss by the end of this week I think.

4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition I love watching the classic holiday movies, and just living in pjs during that week between Christmas and New Years. Once the littles get bigger I hope to add some more fun traditions
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Have been severely nauseated/vomiting all day since week 6. Still off work thru the next two weeks. 

2. Any appointments on the horizon? Blood work and US this week then MD appt next week. 

3.Have you shared the news with many people? I feel like a ton of people know- both our families, both our bosses and a few coworkers, close friends. We are sending out a Christmas card announcement when I hit 12 weeks next Friday 12/20. 

4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition: 
    decorating the tree! Hot chocolate with too much cool whip
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 what is it about ramen? That's pretty much my dinner every night. I think it's b/c it doesn't smell while it cooks.

1. How are you feeling? So much better now that I have the sea band! I still feel nauseous here and there, but nowhere near as bad.
    2. Any appointments on the horizon? Just had one today and my next is on 12/24. Today's appt went so well. Baby boy was wiggling all around. US in spoiler... but if you've seen it in the US thread, it's the same thing :smile:

3.Have you shared the news with many people? basically everyone lol.... any friends we've seen, parents, and my entire office (only 8 coworkers)... so the only people left to know are the extended family and people we don't speak to as often. I feel like a FB post is a joke at this point 
    4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition: We bake and decorate cookies every year with our BFFs (who are also married and have kids around DD's age) and it's my favorite. We've been doing it since before anyone had kids.... so it's extra fun now that they're getting old enough to actually have fun with it (and none of us are exhausted because we're dealing with NB sleep lol). We also exchange gifts then, which is fun to do with the kids.
  • Options
    OH! There isn't a rants/raves section this week so I almost forgot my rave!!!

I GET TO GO ON EVERY OTHER DAY PIO THIS WEEK!!! Last shot is on Sunday!!! YAAAAY!!!
  • Options
    @blaf322 great news on PIO shots.  My last was Saturday and I'm looking forward to the lumps going down.  My RE just stops them cold turkey.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah I feel like most do. My RE said they had some docs stopping at x number of weeks and some stopping at y and decided to be consistent as a practice. I have a feeling the weaning is their compromise to make both sets of docs happy
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Exhausted, overwhelmed. Mostly due to the time of year. School always gets stressful and busy right before Winter Break. 
    2. Any appointments on the horizon? Thursday. We finally get to see our bean and see if everything is viable. 
    3.Have you shared the news with many people? So many people. We planned on keeping it secret until the end of the first trimester. But it is too difficult to not tell. 
    4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition. Sleeping in all winter break. Perk of being a teacher. 
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Exhausted and my boobs are sore!  Feeling a little less nauseous which is a great thing, but is also freaking me out a little bit 
    2. Any appointments on the horizon? Cell free DNA blood testing tomorrow and then an appointment with the OB on Tuesday. 
    3.Have you shared the news with many people? Most of our immediate family and close friends. We keep saying we are going to wait for a few more weeks, but then we keep finding one more person to tell 
    4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition: there is a Christmas village in Philadelphia, which I love to go to (usually for some hot mulled wine, but had to stick with hot chocolate this year!)
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? Any nausea is basically gone, which is great. But the fatigue has hit me really hard this week, I'm just exhausted as soon as I wake up and all day. And I had some problems with constipation the last couple of weeks, but that seems to be getting better too. Can't wait to get to the end of the first trimester in a couple of weeks!
    2. Any appointments on the horizon? Just had my 11 week US and OB appointment, along with lab work, yesterday. Next OB will be in a month and next US for the 18-20 week detailed one.
    3.Have you shared the news with many people? We have shared the news with all of our immediate family and with most of the extended family. I've also told some close friends. I've only told one person at work so far...I'm planning to tell my boss and direct report either next week or when I get back from Christmas vacay. The rest will probably just find out as I start to show!
    4. GTKY favorite holiday/winter tradition: Traveling to spend time with family...this year will be my first year with the husband's family. We will be there for a week. I'm sure I'll miss some of the things I usually do with my family, but looking forward to spending some QT with his family.
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling?
    Still pretty nauseous. Tried taking half the Unisom pill one night this week and the next day I was completely wrecked (actually throwing up all day instead of just nauseous) so will be sticking to the full dose now! Makes me tired but of course would rather deal with that. Glad I’ll be on vacation soon!

Next is a 12 week US and bloodwork on Dec 23.

Most of our families know, most good friends, telling my boss next week. Can’t decide if we’ll do a social media announcement around Xmas or wait a little longer. 

I love Christmas music, latkes, smelling the Christmas tree, and exchanging gifts with my husband. 
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling? 
    Overwhelmed! I haven’t been posting because life has been so wild. I’ve got a SCH so that freaked me out enough to not want to talk about this pregnancy for awhile. But the bleeding has stopped so I’m feeling a little more positive.
    A follow up ultrasound on Friday to check the state of the SCH. I skip the NT scan so this will be my first time seeing one of our babies at this stage.
    Our immediate family and close friends know. We’ve never hid the news long. Most of my close coworkers know as well. Since I’m moving at the end of Jan they won’t be effected by my mat leave or anything so I told them too.
    I love Christmas Eve, we make appies and watch a movie together and play games. Christmas morning is also the only time we eat croissants and there is just something about that first bite of Christmas morning croissant! 
    DD - 4.15.16